Problem with HDMI-CEC

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Nejiro, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Unfortunately I have a serious problem, my Zidoo Z9S conflicts with the Yamaha preamp, practically when the HDMI cable of the Zidoo is connected to the Yamaha the TV and the sinto do not communicate, the TV gives me an error, so the arc does not work etc .... how I disconnect the Zidoo cable from Yamaha everything works perfectly, I changed the cable, I changed the port, I also reset the TV but nothing to do, it doesn't go ..... I don't know what else to do .....
    Thank you

2. Marfunk

Marfunk New Member

Ho il tuo stesso problema (Yamaha Avantage 3080). L'ho risolto rimandando lo Zidoo z10.

3. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Io ho un pre Yamaha CX-A5100, quindi non c'è nulla da fare?Lo z10 immagino abbia gli stessi problemi.......

4. Marfunk

Marfunk New Member

[QUOTE = "Nejiro, post: 111546, membro: 44808"] Io ho un pre Yamaha CX-A5100, quindi non c'è nulla da fare? Lo z10 immagino abbia gli stessi problemi ....... [/ QUOTE ]
    Ho ancora lo z10. Ho risolto il problema disattivando il pulsante di accensione / spegnimento. Pertanto la TV è riconosciuta dal ricevitore Yamaha.

5. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Come si fa a disattivarlo?Poi per accenderlo come si fa?
    Grazie

6. Marfunk

Marfunk New Member

Lo z10 ha l'interruttore nella parte posteriore.

7. DJJOYI

DJJOYI New Member

I hawe this same problem with my zidoo z9s and Onkyo TX-NR515 receiver. When I conect thy zidoo with hdmi cable to receiver, the HDMI CEC not working! :-(

8. DJJOYI

DJJOYI New Member

I maybe solve the problem. First must disconect, the zidoo HDMI cable. 2. must everything (receiver, TV, DVD , Zidoo everything to connect with HDMI cable) switch OFF, completly power suply OFF. 3 connect back the zidoo HDMI cable. 4. Power suply switch ON for everything. After this procedure the HDMI CEC looks working.

9. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Try to do so, I solved, hold the shutdown button until a window appears, instead of leaving the tick on turn off put it on stand-by, in this way it should not give more problems ..... sorry for my English.....

10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You always can use a HDMI-CEC blocker.

HDMI-CEC is integral part of Android OS not the FW code. Android is notorious for doing a bad job there. Each generation improved it just a bit.
    Turning it off is normally adequate with Android 7. Don't expect it to do what you like it to do.

11. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

After I put that setting I no longer had problems with HDMI-CEC, otherwise before it was a mess, I often had to turn everything off (disconnect the power) to resume communication with the hdmi-cec, instead putting on stand- by that check works normally, fortunately there is a way to solve ......

12. bob79

bob79 New Member

I had to turn off HDMI-CEC in Zidoo's android, but it still kills CEC on my every device, so either I unplug HDMI cable from it (which is inconvenient) or just turn off with its Switch completely.
    I am also using ONKYO TX-NR646 connected with Samsung PDP D8000 and Samsung BD player, all 3 devices have CEC ON.

13. wanganga

wanganga New Member

I use zidoo z9s with yamaha rx-v485 avr, everytime I turn the zidoo off and back to my tv interface, the tv lost HDMI CEC and ARC connection to the AVR. I thought my AVR is broken!
    This method seems to fix my problem so far. Thank you. So glad I found this thread.
    It's strange that zidoo fails the HDMI CEC and ARC of the AVR when it's off, but no if it's in standby mode.

14. deusexe

deusexe Member

Next model ZIDOO and this same, I have X9S... Sad.

15. Markus2121

Markus2121 New Member

I have this problem too on the zidoo z9x, the zidoo takes over my sonos and then my other streaming devices (or the TV itself) can get access to the sonos. What works is unplugging the Zidoo from power, and restarting the tv.