stuck at 2.1.1 please help

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Stefano C, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Please help me! I'm stuck at firmware 2.1.1. after some mistakes I did flashing zidoo x9s..
    I tried everithing: I tried flashing with install.img 1.2.3. 1.4.2. 2.1.1. and updating (online and ota) but I can't go in recovery mode no more, often I'm stuck at boot or "up" if I try to change firmare and I realy don't know what to do...please help me

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

have you tried using that method i just posted ? ( also redownload the img )

5. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

I
    I am retrying right now...after a long "zidoo logo time" now I have green screen and I am waiting.. I tried with img 1.2.3, shoud I try with img 1.2.3+the 4 files ( bluecore.audio emmc.uImage rescue.emmc.dtb rescue.root.emmc.cpio.gz_pad.img from the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3w7N84Ful-T0phemdnSFpvLUU/view) even if these 4 are from img 1.4.12 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_3w7N84Ful-T0phemdnSFpvLUU/view?

Diplay is still "UP"

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

try with the img from the archive from the guide " ZIDOO_X9S_v1.4.12_img.zip ". does the display show a progression bar ?

7. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Just a few minutes and I do...with or without 4 files?

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

with, make sure you let it run 10-15 minutes. you should get a updating bar on the TV tho.

9. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

I tried with both usb 2.0 ports and usb 3.0 port and nothing uppens... in all these cases it goes "HELLO" and boot to main menĂ¹ but firmware is still 2.1.1

Then I tried with usb 2.0 ports pushing back button restore during initial boot but it stayd "UP" and then, after many minutes, green screen and nothing more....any ideas?

10. szefo

szefo Active Member

11. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

12. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

I have contacted the Zidoo team in the last few weeks, they have been very helpful, they have always responded, especially during the holidays, and have tried to inquire about the problem and help me.

Unfortunately, a couple of their tips did not help (they were things I had already tried to do) and in the end they told me that the alternative is to send him to assistance in China ... I decided to give up and keep it like that for now.

I sent him several links where other users complained about this problem and it seems they have always considered and evaluated them ... also a link to a method based on connecting the box via USB 2.0 TTL UART cable and they wrote to me that they have evaluated it, but not it is a method they recommend ... now, it is true that maybe it is a little unlikely that a manufacturer would recommend a similar procedure, however they have continued to answer me, and I want to see it from the positive side.

They informed me at the moment the team is developing a new firmware for the z9s model, but that other firmware for the other models will soon be released (I hope also the x9s). I greeted them reminding them if possible to remember this problem with firmware 2.1.1 and the updating problems of this ... I hope if they remember them and that they can solve them.

I turn here the link to which I wrote (in English) describing my problem and from which they replied so quickly and continuously ... if those who have the same problem would like to report it maybe they will take more into consideration the problem with the next firmware and actually will undertake to address the problem ... thanks ..

zidoo support address: service@zidoo.tv

(sorry if I was verbose, but I tried to be clear and make my problem something useful for others too)

13. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

I just downgraded and upgraded yesterday.
    1. I initially upgraded to FW 2.1.36 but it gives Green Screen when playing 4K content
    2. I Factory Reset to FW 2.1.1 by holding down the reset button while power on the device - With USB containing FW 2.1.1 renamed to install.img (Using Firmware 2.1.1 is very IMPORTANT)
    3. Once FW 2.1.1 is installed you can now load the newer FW on a USB and manually update
    SIDE NOTE: Some USB devices DO NOT work, so if you're following the instructions and get stuck on the Zidoo boot screen try another USB. I learned the hard way, after 1 hr of hair pulling. Once you use a compatible USB everything just works as it should.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  14. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

thanks for the reply but I am not sure we have the same initial situation: before you tried to upgrade to 2.1.36 you had firmware 2.1.1 and you were unable to upgrade/downgrade it just like me? Because some users can downgrade without problems to 2.1.1, I think I have bricked my box trying downgrading to firmware older than 2.1.1 (I have red this could be the bad move)...

I ask you this because "...gives Green Screen when playing 4K content": I hadn't this problem so I ask you this...thanks

15. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

You may be right... I never used a FW older than 2.1.1

16. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

ok thanks anyway for the help ... I hope a fix for this problem will arrive soon

17. Tony77

Tony77 Member

Have u resolved?

Chk my old posts.. I went thru same & fixed. Look for UART

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  18. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

unfortunately no..I am worried about trying UART method, I am not expert in this kind of things and I don't want to risk to broke my zidoo x9s completely...

19. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

A little help for zidoo x9s 2.1.1 bricked owners if you don't want to tryng UART methor (taken from a private massage I made to another owners):

"Hi, I hope your ok (you know...covid sucks and the other stuff.. ). I have something to tell you and I hope it could help you: I have changed tv becaus my old tv has broken..I have taken a LG cx tv..this tv has 120Hz panel and when I connected my zidoo x9s bricked I have noticed that frame skipping has gone... I think the 2.1.1 firmware bug we both have could be "bypassed" when we use a 120Hz tv because of the pulldown (5:5 on LG or 4:4 on Sony tv I know). Even with zidoo x9s connected to my 144Hz monitor I have seen no problems with my box, so I think the pulldown could help. I'm not sure if this can help you, but in case you are going to change your tv I suggest you to take a 120Hz tv because it could help you to solve/ignore this problem..... I hope this reply coul be interesting... I link to you a filtered search from rtings, a good site about tv/review..maybe could help you.. you can add more searching filters if you want..thanks to this site I have found my new tv, it is well done and intreresting https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/table/40179"