X9s - Strange Library Listing Problem

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by Stu Croft, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Stu Croft

Stu Croft New Member

Hi guys,

New to this forum but had my Zidoo many years.

I am using ZDMC as my media player. I've been encountering a strange problem with my library listings. All folders get listed correctly under "Videos > Files" and no problem playing any videos when they display.

The issue I am having is that some folders seem to be empty when I go into them from the listig view - It shows a sample or any .txt files but no video. The strange thing is when I go to my folders on my pc and rename the video file that is missing "I normally just add an x on the end" - Then when I go back to the player and check again the video is there and plays fine.

This is happening with quite a few videos and I can't find a common denominator. Most files that have the issue are MKV files. I can obviously go in and rename the file each time to watch it but it's getting annoying.

Any ideas? Any tips would be much appreciated.

I'm running the latest firmware from Sep 2019 and my hard-drive is not connected to the box via network, just direct USB.

Thanks!

2. Stu Croft

Stu Croft New Member

So as mentioned above, once I go to my computer and rename the video file, it shows up in the ZDMC media library folder. The folder always shows, but a lot of my videos are just not showing until I rename them. The strange thing is that when I have renamed it and watched it, it will then disappear from my library until I rename it again. It can be any form of renaming, normally I just add a letter to the end and it works. It's just so annoying that I need to do this every time to watch quite a few of my files...

Any help much appreciated!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019