Zidoo Neo X (closed)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 9, 2019.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Reza-D, Miguel Ramos, gymnos and 3 others like this.
  2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Cortex A55?
    Which SoC ? :rolleyes:

Officials support for DV/HDR10+ ? :eek:

That’s ... ‘interesting’..

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  3. skelton

skelton Member

Very interesting!! Can’t wait to read more about this model.

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Realtek RTD 1619 I imagine, but don't get too excited about Dolby Vision - there are many SOCs that support it but implementation depends on Dolby licencing which will never happen.

No reason HDR10+ couldn't be implemented though as it's open source.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Has it a official name yet as in the Beast ;)

Or just Zidoo High End Media Player

6. Markswift2003

The Zidoo HEMP - has a certain ring to it :)

DELUCAS likes this.
  7. DELUCAS

Well this unit seems to steer to Audio Music play back more so than Video as such .

Lets hope Zidoo release a High End Video version for the Movie enthusiast without the need for the xlr connections etc
    And twin hdmi outputs .

and call it The Zidoo HEVP. ;)

As most id say here are Movie buffs id imagine .

gymnos likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

Completely agree - a 1619 version of the Z9S.

Anyone looking for high end audio is certainly not looking at Android TV boxes!

DELUCAS likes this.
  9. DELUCAS

So looking forward to the new Z11 model with 3 x hdmi ports and HDR10 + and tone mapping feature etc

10. OlivierQC

It's my opinion,

I think Zidoo has no choice with all the receivers, TVs, etc... that support HDR10+, Dolby vision, imax enhanced, etc ...

The next generation of Zidoo devices will have to support all these formats if Zidoo wants to stay one of the leaders in this market.

May be in the course of 2020...

See you

11. woody

woody Member

A Z9S version with RTD1619DD would be nice. Probably 8 months after the hi-end ( high priced) model.

So I guess early 2021.

12. DELUCAS

Still showing / listing Dolby Vision playback ?

13. DELUCAS

14. OlivierQC

I do not have any news from Zidoo but I suppose...

a few years ago, we helped them by talking about their devices on the forums, but I think they need more of us now and let us down.

15. DELUCAS

agree we were the early beta guinea pigs that harked on about there products way back then
    Be great if we got more appreciated as such

16. OlivierQC

hello nice monkey

yes I saw this on my facebook 2 days ago.

17. OlivierQC

a Zidoo uhd 2000 costs $ 1200 Canadian, how much does it cost this one...

it would have been better to have a replacement of Z9s before offering an expensive device with the new RTD1619

they have forgotten that their success is due to a device like the X9s with a very attractive price / performance ratio...it is just my opinion

90% of the people on my forums are not interested in the audiophile part, they just want a multimedia box to watch their films at an interresting price.

gymnos and DELUCAS like this.
  18. DELUCAS

Agree the X series is overkill for most users on here its aimed mainly for the Audio Buff with xlr ouputs etc that many dont or will ever use .
    It will sell a few 1000 units but Zidoo need to concentrate on the new Z 10 series with the new chipset that supports HDR10 + and poss ( Dolby Vision ? ) or the other formats .

these smaller cheaper boxes will far outsell the high end zidoo boxes even if they bumped up the price for the new Video support etc .

lets see a new Z 11 media box with this new chipset for the Cinema fan that most here are .

19. davebtz

davebtz New Member

Hi all,
    I've just post a message in Z10 section.
    As I said, I buy a Z10 to wait and see.
    And now, 3 weeks later, trust me when I say I will never buy zidoo brand.
    This is the perfect example of a chinese product. The hardware rox but not the software. And today, the software makes the diffence.
    Why waiting for a z11 box or a X series. If the software doesn't follow, the machine means nothing.
    During my search of a new box, I saw that type of machine was not very asking by people. I don't understand but it's the market.
    I will redefine my priorities and my installation for the future. That's all.

20. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

Dave, you are right. I also will not buy their buggy trash again.