Can I restore an X10 backup on a Z9S?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Siju Thomas, Dec 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Siju Thomas

Siju Thomas New Member

I have a Zidoo X10 which has the HT2 mapped to all my data, I have backed it up on usb, Im getting a Z9S, Can I restore the HT2 backup so I dont have to scan the movie files again?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good question. Specifically if one needed to edit the database manually a lot then this is essential. For a mere scan it is more of a convenience.

RTD1295 and RTD1296 FW versions not only run mostly synchronous per SOC version but thus far most features inclusive HT2 are kept common for both too. So it may (still) work just fine? The day HT versions get different per platform that will stop. Maybe somebody at Zidoo or anybody who tried can shed a more detailed light on it? My own guess is that it should work fine.

One can always try as there are no real associated risks doing so. Worst case it does not work as desired and you need to clean/reset the database. Please share the result with the community here.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  3. Siju Thomas

Siju Thomas New Member

The Z9S is on its way to me, I get it in 2 days, I will share my findings with the Zidoo community. Thanks for your response @Nice Monkey

4. Siju Thomas

Siju Thomas New Member

This was a success. cheers