NETFLIX CERTIFICATION !

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by DELUCAS, Oct 16, 2019.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

What is stopping Zidoo getting Netflix Certification or going wideline etc ?
    It would tick a huge box for some and increase its value to .

bob79 likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Netflix simply does not want their APP to run (without restrictions) on media players.
    The same happens with Dolby Vision. Policies, royalties and agreements made.

If we like it or not does not matter to them. The big companies just decide what is good for us!

3. DELUCAS

Xiamoi is a chinese box maker albeit a bigger company that can and hearing some less cheaper box can play back 4K Netflix .
    Or they say they can .
    I can understand Dolby Vision is a no no but as long as it passes google certification and widevine etc they could implement it or is it the security side of things with Zidoo ?

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

One must be on the supported device list of netflix. Just widevine L1 does not do the trick.
    There are boxes pretending to be another model/brand which can make it work. Zidoo is not a company wanting to go down that road I feel. Don't blame them.

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I’m with Nice Monkey on this one. I don’t want Zidoo to go down that path. There are plenty of inexpensive devices out there including my smart TV for all paid services and IPTV’s. Zidoo products are for streaming your own media library. Let’s keep it this way.

Emmanuel81 and myzidoo like this.
  6. DELUCAS

Well they need to add something like HDR10 + /

as the new Nvidia Shield has now Dolby Vision playback etc

7. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

I am 120% with 3DBuff!!! Zidoo is my local media manager and quite frankly if you're trying to turn it into a Fire Stick or Nvidia Shield you are using it wrong. The Zidoo box has the best local media manager when compared to ANY Android box, yes! The closest runner up is Plex and it's still number 2 or 3 if you want to throw JellyFin into the mix. In my opinion Home Theater 2.0 is the best movie manager on Android or OS X Period and I really appreciate my Zidoo box for that feature. I went from a WD Media Player to this and boy oh boy did I have to wait for an adequate replacement. This is coming from someone who has slight OCD, so I need my Movies and TV Shows spelled correctly, I need my Movie Posters nice and sharp, and my movies formats labeled properly and Zidoo gives me ALL of that. I have a movie collection that uses over 18 TB of storage and when managing that much content you can really see if a program will shine or buckle I tell ya it's SHINING! The Zidoo HT 2.0 is not perfect but it gave me the least amount of headache especially when I got the hang of uploading TV Shows. One thing on my wish list is the capability to add a Movie or TV Show manually without going through TVDB or TMDB. Some movies that I have are not in that database, so I have to leave the file in the UNMATCHED section and that bothers me, especially when I was able to manually download the cover art.

skelton likes this.
  8. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

Why leave it in unmatched ? did you try editing with the web gui ?? (just enter http://{ip-of-your-zidoo}:9528

9. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Wait a minute!!! Will that allow me to manually tag a movie and add it to HT?!!!!! Or are you just assuming? Did you actually try it out?

10. myzidoo

web-gui.JPG that's the regular PC based way of editing the movie wall...
    not exactly : not add BUT it allows you to manage/edit all your movies once they are in HT. You let HT tag your movies and some will be wrong or some will be unmatched...once this is done you can either
    a. edit each movie with the remote....which is cumbersome
    b. edit each movie with a PC - just open a webbrowser and enter http://111.111.111.111(replace by the IP of your zidoo - you find it in the settings-network if you don't know it) and add :9528
    if your zidoo has ip 192.168.12.35 for example enter http://192.168.12.35:9528

You'll be presented with a password which is the password HT asked you to set when you first used it and then you'll be presented with the Web gui
    where you can edit everything, add posters, add wallpapers etc....it's really perfect !!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    zarathoestra likes this.
  11. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

Aw man you might have solved my issue for the past year. So technically I can match an unknown movie with any film in the TMDB database then edit it later with the correct information. I will try it today!

12. myzidoo

exactly
    Just make sure you use a browser with flash enabled (chrome works actually best). Because if you don't some things will not appear.

Then on each movie watch for the menu logo (the three white stripes) which should appear on the movie poster corner bottom right once you hoover over it..

menu.jpg

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  13. Emmanuel81

Emmanuel81 Member

"Adobe will no longer be supporting Flash Player by the end of next year (i.e: 2020). Its development will be brought to a halt." What's going to happen to the Browser version of Home Theater 2.0?