Realtek RTD2872

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by OlivierQC, Jan 28, 2018.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi all,

A new chipset from Realtek, I do not know when it will be available.

4K Android Smart TV Solution with Advanced Picture/Audio Quality (RTD2872)

The RTD2872 Smart TV Solution features an easy to update OS with support for Android O Treble.
    The Realtek RTD2872 supports all HDR formats, including Dolby Vision™, HDR10, Technicolor Prime, HLG, and HDR10+.

It provides theater-like sound using built-in TV speakers by decoding Dolby ATMOS™, and offers advanced picture and video processing for internet streaming video.

see you

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Yes i spotted that a while back when who knows and will it go in the new X10 pro ;)

3. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hi DELUCAS,

The Dune HD Pro 4K Ultra is delayed by several months, end of 2018 now, and the X20 pro seems delayed without release date.

and if they decided to change the RTD1296 by the RTD2872 and delayed the release date by the end of 2018...In my wildest dreams :)

4. DELUCAS

Thats not good for both !
    Must be a reason why .....
    Maybe the 1296 is not good enough or is restricted or has issues ?
    And that long wait they may change chipset for the newer RTD 2872

Either way its a blow for both makers .

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i don't see realtek testing there products properly, even with the ones is x9s, we where beta testers for them for months ( also discovered memory issues on some box ) , if there is delays that big because of the chip, a hardware bug is not that uncommon

6. DELUCAS

That chipset maybe for internal for a tv set up ?

This maybe used for Android boxes ?

Android and RDK STB (RTD1395)

Multiple System Operators (MSOs) need a mature and sustainable platform to operate and create continuous revenues. Realtek’s Android & RDK STB platform (RTD1395) supports 4K UHD, HDR, an advanced DRM security system, and OTT integration, giving MSOs a reliable SoC partner.

videobruce likes this.
  7. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Whatever the RTDxxxx chipsets may be, its going to be higher class than the X9S, so I expect them to equal or better than the RTD1295 without having to download Ad bloated Apps from google playstore. It is really annoying to watch your video in peace to be startled by a loud chime to inform you that there is a new item or couldn't careless crap new news bit. Bottom line is, it would be really nice if the new boxes come with robust factory features that people are impressed and happy with it as they are without 3rd party Apps, just like the X9S and H6-Pro, my 2 cents

mattmarsden likes this.
  8. videobruce

videobruce Member

Not to get OT but, could you or anyone expand on that regarding ads poping up?

9. videobruce

videobruce Member

How about English????