ZDMC 18.4 Available

Discussion in 'ZDMC for Zidoo' started by leonkoum, Oct 26, 2019.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

dr4go and Comanchero like this.
  2. Angelos_A

Angelos_A New Member

For which devices? Is it ok with x9s? Because with 18.3 I had many crashes

3. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

For all realtek SoCs....

4. ss nightmare

ss nightmare New Member

The 18.3 was perfect on the x20 pro hope that one will be same or better
    Thanks for the team for the great work

5. Suat

Suat New Member

Does work in the x9s?

6. Angelos_A

Angelos_A New Member

I use it for the last two days and so far no crash happened. I think everything is ok with this version

7. Suat

Suat New Member

Thanks bro ;)

8. Efthyvoulos

Efthyvoulos New Member

I have the x9s. After Kodi started NOT to work with versions 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4
    I started using ZDMC 17.6 with was working O.K.
    Then after ZDMC 18.3 has been repaired and worked O.k. I installed it up to today.
    The problem with ZDMC was that each time I have to upgrade to a newer version
    I had to delete the old one.
    This was a problem which Kodi did not have it.
    BUT today I have install ZDMC 18.4 over ZDMC 18.3 without deleting the 18.3 and
    to my surprise it worked O.K.
    I want to know from other users if they noticed this change which is very helpful.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I’m on ZDMC 17.6 with Black Glass Nova skin. I don’t have plugins and mainly use it as database for movies and music. It works great for me.
    I’m afraid to upgrade thinking that possible issues will cost me hours of research, fixing, rebuilding and restoring of what I have now :(

What are the benefits of ZDMC 18.4 over 17.6?

10. X8fan

X8fan Member

Does 18.4 work on X8?

11. Efthyvoulos

Efthyvoulos New Member

When I was using 17.6 I was also afraid to upgrade to 18.3 even after Zidoo support assured me that it was working.
    I always upgrade to the newer versions without asking if they are better to previous ones.
    I take it for granted.
    So I do not know if ZDMC 18.4 is definitely better than 17.6 or not.
    It must be like Kodi 18.4
    Newer versions correct previous faults and make better the program.
    ZDMC is based on Kodi you know.
    Try to install 18.4 APK file over to 17.6
    If it does not work you have to delete 17.6 first and then install 18.4
    Now about what you have done up to now it was my afraid also.
    I resolved this issue following You Tube instructions on how to backup your settings and addons and
    then reinstall them back on a fresh ZDMC 18.3 first.
    And it was successful.
    As I said before from 18.3 to 18.4 it was easy like Kodi.
    Just install the 18.4 APK file and everything remained the same on the new version.
    So I want to know if other users had the same result because before I had to uninstall the previous version
    first and then install the new one.

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

17.6 was not showing movie rating at the poster wall like versions 18.x. Since ZDMC 18 wasn’t available at the beginning I found skin that was doing that and some more stuff.

Now I don’t know if it’s worth to upgrade ;)

13. Angelos_A

Angelos_A New Member

The last three days I have some problems like zdmc force close or when I search for a movie suddenly it comes to home screen. Does anybody have the same problems and did you find any solution? After 17.6 no version worked properly for me

14. Martin Musko

Martin Musko Member

I am using ZDMC 18.4 on a Z9S. When playing a movie, interrupting it and restarting, it allows a choice between starting from the beginning and continuing. But after the movie has been watched till the end, the movie is NOT marked as watched. I have found no place to turn the automatic marker on.

15. X8fan

X8fan Member

On my X8,

ZDMC 18.4 internal player no longer switches refresh rate for 24fps content even though settings is set to "at Start/Stop." Only external player will switch refresh rate, any one experiencing this same problem?

16. cNone

cNone New Member

Not marking the watched videos and thus kills the very purpose of using library :( I have to mark the episodes/movies manually after watched

17. an_user

an_user New Member

> ZDMC 18.4 internal player no longer switches refresh rate for 24fps content even though settings is set to "at Start/Stop." Only external player will switch refresh rate, any one experiencing this same problem?
    Same problem. z9s and zdmc 18.4.Last firmware and last zdmc.

If I play a video with Frame rate: 23.976216 all it's ok, both with zidoo player an zdmc.
    But with a different frame rate (i.e. 25) using zdmc there is a costant microstuttering that is VERY annoying.
    The same file with the microstuttering have NO issue with the z9s player.
    I tried all the possible combination of zdmc, including "adjust display refresh rate" and many more.
    "play video with external player" is always selected.
    Is there a solution ?
    Just asked to support...just in case...

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Internal player (software Kodi player) is not fully compatible with Zidoo hardware. Using it is not recommended. You will always experience skipped frames and micro-stutters outside of other issue liker refresh rates etc. Don't use it unless you have a valid reason like some odd audio / video format not supported by Zidoo player.

If you have "play video with external player is always selected" than ZDMC has nothing to do with Zidoo hardware player.
    Starting the movie from Media Browser, Poster Wall or ZDMC in this case will always play it using Zidoo player.
    All adjustments for Zidoo video player are in "Quick Settings" Zidoo Home Screen and not inside ZDMC. You can quickly jump to home screen and Quick Settings using remote home button to make adjustments to the player. Select open apps button will take you back to running ZDMC.

19. X8fan

X8fan Member

I like Zidoo Media Player, its interface and features are not a problem.

But using the Zidoo media player does not memorize the Resume point and also at the end of playing an episode/movie, it also doesn't mark it as Played like the internal player.

Unfortunately, on 18.4 version, the internal player does not switch switch the refresh rate anymore, so I am forced to use the external Zidoo player but lose the Resume and Played functions.

Zidoo team, can you please fix this? I am shocked to hear that this issues exists on the Z9S too because at first I thought it also occurs on my X8

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo player keeps track of resume time for all movies for me in the Home Theater app. It shows the resume time under the play button. Movie starts with "Start Over" or "Resume" pop up. When finished to the very end I get eye icon on the poster as watched.

ZDMC is not updating any information from Zidoo player like movies watched or "In Progress Movies" list but it will still come up with "Start Over" or "Resume" pop up when the movie is restarted.

Kodi player updates all info but it's absolutely useless for me as it constantly skips frames and micro stutters. Kodi player is not compatible with Realtek chipset that does not comply with open source promoted by Kodi. I don't think Zidoo or Realtek team will spend any time trying to make watched info from Zidoo player or auto refresh rate on Kodi player working in ZDMC releases. Their focus is on Home Theater app and high end home media player boxes.

X8fan likes this.