Z10 Constant Blank Screen Issues

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by Zigourney, Feb 8, 2019.

1. anxion12

anxion12 New Member

Hi guys,

I bought z10 last week, and I am having same issue, Constant Blank Screen when watching 4K HDR movies. I have latest firmware but did not resolve the issue.

Any solutions?

I would like to add that I had x10 and I have ATV4K and no issues.

Marfunk likes this.
  2. Marfunk

Marfunk New Member

I purchased the Z10 three weeks ago, updated with the latest firmware and I have the same problem.

anxion12 likes this.
  3. anxion12

anxion12 New Member

Ok, so i am not alone.

Are they going to fix this issue?

If not, probably will have to buy something else. like Zappiti One 4K

Marfunk likes this.
  4. anxion12

anxion12 New Member

O got replacement from Amazon, and its working fine no black screen issue.

5. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Suspect it maybe firmware issue as im getting this but after powering up the Zidoo it seems to sync in but when it has after a few blank issues it then does not re occur again .

latest firmware seems to made it worse 4-5 blank screens till it syncs in .

6. Marfunk

Marfunk New Member

Firmware version?

7. luisfl

luisfl New Member

Hi!
    I have the same problem....black screen, but only in high bitrate movies.
    There is any solution?
    I'm with the 82 fw.

8. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Its been a while since I checked in to this forum. I thought this black screen issue got resolved earlier last year, but looks like some people are still experiancing the issue. For me it was solved from firmware version 2.2.56 and has been fine in all the firmwares that came after too.
    No problems on very high bit rate movies either.

Solution for me was the firmware update, buying new expensive hdmi cables didnt resolve the issue as I reverted back to my go to Amazon basics hdmi certified cables after some testing.

Double check your settings in the Z10 match your TV and Receiver settings, make sure enhanced mode is enabled in your AVR, update all firmwares to the latest for your AVR.

Good luck!

9. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

The nature of the problem gets confused in forums but with some early Z9S boxes disabling CVBS output can stop intermittent green screen (which was a big problem about a year ago and which has been solved now). It's worth a go.

Settings - Other - About - Advanced Settings - Display - CVBS Switch.

gymnos likes this.
  10. catorcio

catorcio Member

Settings - Other - About - Advanced Settings - Display - CVBS Switch. I have not found this path with the Z10, I solved it by going to settings-display and deactivating CVBS

11. catorcio

catorcio Member

I resume this discussion, with the last FW even deactivating CVBS the intermittent green screens continue, what? thank you

12. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Mine is still getting the black screen. Happens only in 4k videos. Sadly and worst is that, it goes blank everytime something impactful happen in a movie. Darn irritating.