Movie wall help needed please

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by barrad, Sep 5, 2019.

1. barrad

barrad New Member

Hello!

Around 20 of my movies scrapped without the actors and directors info. I spent 3 hours trying to fix it with no success.

When i done factory reset, the 20 movies scrapped as normal, with all the info. Once restored my back up, the actor info is missing.
    I tried clear and re scan, i changed the name of the file, i moved it to different location on the hard drive, still no actors/directors info...

What else i can try to get it properly scrapped ?

I do not want to start from the scratch as i have a large collection.

Thanks!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not seen this behaviour - Can you give a couple of examples of movies that behave like this?

3. barrad

barrad New Member

Hi thanks for the reply.

The movie is irrelevant, it was 16 movies on the row in the catalogue of around 230 movies. After factory reset, the movies scrapping correctly with no errors. The problem is, i can not 'reset' the incorrectly scrapped movies when using my backup... no matter what i do, they do not have the actors and directors info.

4. barrad

barrad New Member

I will check the exact movies when back home from holidays next week, it was def the Iron Man as far as i can remember.

5. Markswift2003

So if you "clear match info" for them, and if you then rescrape, they still have these errors?

That sounds like a cache issue.

Maybe try this:

1. Move the movies with errors out of the source folder(s) and restart HT2 so they are deleted from the database

2. Make a backup

3. Delete the sources from HT2 so the library clears

4. Restore from the backup

5. Move the deleted movies back into the source folder(s) so they scrape...

Have a good holiday :)

6. barrad

barrad New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. No matter what i do, the 20 movies scrapping without the directors/actors info.

The only way i can get them to scrap correctly, is to start from the scratch. After the movie wall app reset, them movies scrapping correctly as normal.

I really do not understand how this is possible. I tried to clear the folder info ( so it is showing 0 movies scrapped) then i removed the folder from the sources completely. Then i made the backup. After that, i reset the movie wall app. When i resumed the backup, the culprit folder was not present, so i added it. When start the scrapping process of the folder, it went very quick as it was already done...... And of course the problem is still exist.

I think once scrapped it is not possible to clear the folder again....

Any more ideas welcome how to clear folder info/data.

7. Markswift2003

Definitely sounds like a cache issue - whatever's happening, you're not clearing it and the old values keep being resused.

Another way around it is to edit the details in the web interface - http://ip_address_of _zidoo:9528

Wouldn't take long to correct 20 movies.

8. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

I also struggled with some database inconsistencies (field updating, deletions etc...) whilst the excellent method described above cured effectively many issues there are still some scrapping results (or non-results) which remain stuck and seem to survive pretty much every deletion/correction attempt made. Working directly on the database file was the only thing which allowed me to correct every posterwall issue : http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/edit-posterwall-in-database-program-mode.51121/

Markswift2003 likes this.
  9. Markswift2003

Nice!

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Thats sounds very interesting

11. barrad

barrad New Member

I tried this method, but still can't get the movies to re-scrap correctly... When i clear the match info on the PC, the movie go to "others", but when re-scrapped again on pc or player, there is still no directors/actors info.

I also tried to manually input the information on the PC and when confirmed it give me green success sign, but there is still no information. When open the options on PC again, the director/actor field is empty...

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I've had similar issues with missing director\actor info - but on TV shows. It seems this happens as the default scraper is TMDB which will bring back the basic TV info but not diretor or cast info. I need to manually do a rematch and change the scraper to TVDB. Probably not related to your issue as you are talking about movies - but thought I would share! I have reported this to Zidoo

13. barrad

barrad New Member

Could you please explain what program to use and how to edit the entries? I downloaded SQ Lite Database Browser Portable but i have no clue what to do ... :)
    This is what i can see: Screenshot (59).jpg

14. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

in SQL Lite you would need to click on the "browse data" tab (!)

- then select the table you want. - In your case the main table you are looking for would be the [cast info] & [crew info] table : there you can fill in the "persons" all your movies refer to. Make sure to check how other lines are filled. some columns will be trial and error
    Note the "ID" - (first column) of every person.

You then browse to either [episode_info] or [movie_info] ....
    enter the corresponding "iD's" in the (director) and (actor) column in the line referring to your movie.

15. lic

lic Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Has your problem been solved? If not, please try the following methods: upgrade the firmware to the latest version; add again after removing the source; scan again after adding, and pay attention to the matching method "Intelligent" when scanning. After scanning, enter the details view, and the director and actor will load out asynchronously

16. sdsdsdsd sdsdsd

sdsdsdsd sdsdsd New Member

The Fury vs Wilder rematch was officially Wilder vs Fury 2020 Online confirmed on December 27 with both fighters taking to social media to announce the news. The Gypsy King beat Sweden’s Otto Wallin on September 14 in a gruelling battle while the Bronze Bomber defended his WBC title against Luis Ortiz in stunning fashion on November 23.

17. Schumy

Schumy Member

I also have a Movie wall related question and should be grateful for your advice - is it possible to manually add a movie to an existing collection determined by the user? For example the movie app automatically puts RoboCop 1-3 into a RoboCop collection, but the newer RoboCop 4 movie appears on its own and there is no option to add it to any existing collections except for a brand new one (folder, not collection BTW) to be created.

Many thanks

18. Markswift2003

If you press and hold on the Robocop 4 poster you should be able to select "Add to Collection"

If this is not available it's possible that Robocop 4 has been added to a collection of 1 which would appear on the main screen as a single movie so check in "Collection" in the sidebar to see if it's there.

If it is you can long press, select "Remote from Collection" which is obviously a typo and then you'll be able to add it.

19. Schumy

Schumy Member

I can do that with RoboCop4, but the collection available for selection is only "new collection" (which I tried and appears to be creation of a new collection folder with no cover photo), it does not allow me to select any existing collection in my movie wall eg the RoboCop Trilogy Collection which is where I want to add RoboCop 4 into.

Similarly, like the other stand-alone movie Logan, I want to add it to my exisitng X-men Collection, but it is not available there in the menu for being added into.

20. Markswift2003

Ok - I don't see that behaviour here - I have Logan as a separate movie and if I long press, I have all the collections, including X-Men, showing to add to.

[​IMG]

Sounds like a database issue - maybe first try disbanding the Robocop collection, then unmatching each of the movies including Robocop 4.

Then rematch and see if the Robocop collection appears in the "Add to Collection" list...

Attached Files: