New firmware v2.2.96 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by pavlin67, Sep 21, 2019.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

@mirror check please and Apocalypse Now (redux iso UHD) chapter 10 at 1:23:17h (its stuck every time..)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  2. @mirror I have still micro stutters and I have tried with differents configuration and firmwares.

My config is 4k@24 hz 10 bit 444 // Switch frame rate and resolution ON and I have a Samsung KS9000

I watch only movies with an external hard disk 3.0

Could you help me please?

Thanks

3. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Still no screen saver !!

Why hasn't Zidoo sorted this yet ?

4. CyberPaul

CyberPaul New Member

Please tell me what to check

5. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

Sorry, but is this an official FW release?

6. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

Anything in the last 20 minutes. It is stuck every now and then. I don’t have it anymore to test with this version. I tested the above mentioned Apocalypse Now scène though and it’s a pass.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

For most movies P24 is wrong as that is 24.000 what you need is P23 24/1001. Using P24 micro stuttering is to be expected. Set frame-rate to auto (which works perfectly) or use P23 instead. I know this is a bit confusing.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  8. Nice Monkey

Just try any of the Pixar animations.

Seamless branching is actually happening:
    • For movies that have more than version (extended, director's cut, etc.), because some scenes will exist in several versions
    • For movies which title is different depending on countries, and is displayed at the beginning or at the end
    • For cartoons that contain translatable text in some scenes (those parts will exist in several versions)
    As a result it happens a lot more for cartoons than for movies, as Pixar for example translates the text in images almost systematically.

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have tested Inside Out (UHD). This has 44 M2TS files and it was a mess on the Z9S!

General playback has random judders and a few seconds before join will glitch even more and then freeze at the join.
    Fast forward does not work correctly as it jumps randomly to various parts of the movie. Basically unwatchable

Also tested on Dune HD Pro 4K - plays flawlessly - although the Dune cannot fast forward or rewind correctly at all!

So seamless branching is still a major issue with this box - shame.

10. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Regression for me

Epson EH-TW9400 -> Yamaha RX-V485 all firmware up to date.

When i have seen an improvement with .61 about image&sound drop (black screen) with 4k/23Hz HDR 4:4:4 10bit, now picture can stay only few sec without desynch

Only way to watch thoses movies is to force resolution & framerate at 4k 60 Hz and then no one desynch (at this config, color is 4:2:0)

.61 was better about that but still had. Now it's just unplayable

11. Excuse me, I am using 23 hz and Switch frame rate and resolution ON

12. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

I have the 2.2.61 FW and have not experienced any problems with USB 3.0 connection. Do you think when I install the latest FW (2.2.96), there might a problem appear?

13. Nice Monkey

Probably it does. Use USB3 for music only myself and that works fine, but many have reported the USB3 problem with movies (use SATA myself).

14. skywalker1978

skywalker1978 Member

So better not to update FW. I have a lot of 4K/UHD movies (full 1:1 BluRays) which run only on USB 3.0 (it is my expreience at least). I have also a HDD docking station for 5 HDD, connected to Z9S via USB 3.0. I wait than for a FW version without USB 3.0 problems.

15. metar

metar New Member

My 0.2 cents about the disconnection: might be the energy saving function of the hard disk?
    For example, if I pause the reproduction of a movie or leave the box unoperative for some minutes, the hard disk go in energy saving mode: only when I restart to watch, the box use the buffer and then the hard disk restart to run, resulting in a 4-5 seconds gap in reproduction.

16. Nice Monkey

Don't think so. You can set the spin-down time yourself and never should kick-in during actual playback of a movie. Mine is set at the minimum value of 10 minutes and works as designed for me.

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We have received feedback from multiple users and have fixed the USB 3.0 issue.

pcristi likes this.
  18. Nice Monkey

Very good news. :)

I presume the fix is included with the next coming FW as for this FW some still reported the problem?

Tested as not solved yet:
    - Kino Lorber releases: No Subtitles found using "Play video" playback but using "Play with Blu-ray menu" there is a BD Menu option for Subtitles ON/OFF" which next works as it should. This time tested with "Mirage 1965" but all Kino Lorber releases have this same problem.
    - Volume Label on HDD's still shown as HDD-A etc if the VL is longer than 11 positions.
    - Online subtitles download still not finding Dutch.
    - Still impossible to backout to an older FW
    - Google Play Store must be re-installed after every FW update.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  19. CyberPaul

CyberPaul New Member

What about seamless branching, still not working?

20. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

Hm. v2.2.96. Yesterday, SAMSUNG 128GB FIT PLUS USB 3.1 via USB 3.0 - after ~20 min of watching movie - disconnected.

dmboza likes this.