Zidoo X20 PRO...my humble opinion (FW2.2.85)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by OlivierQC, May 26, 2018.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  2. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Zidoo was the first to offer BD menu support with a realtek RTD 12XX.

In spite of best intentions, Zidoo is limited by Realtek and the capabilities of the RTD 12XX series.
    The other brands of multimedia box that uses the same chip (realtek RTD 12XX) have the same problems.

-------------------------

This feature has been improved after each new FW, we can notice a better compatibility with the different Film studio,
    faster loading, the support of the options of the BD menu (chapter, language, subtitle, etc ...) has been improved
    since the very first FW incorporating this feature.

the pictures source come from internet, my system does not contain any picture content, here only for demonstration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The main constraint is the seamless branching who not working with Blu Rays 1:1 full copies.

it improved but not completely solved, Zidoo did its best with Realtek RTD 12XX.

To report also, with some videos files the menu does not appear despite the loading icon of the BD menu,
    I do not know if it comes from the video file itself or a limitation of the chipset Realtek.

the pictures source come from internet, my system does not contain any picture content, here only for demonstration

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the loading icon appears and everything seems to work normally

[​IMG]

But instead of seeing the BD menu appear, the screen is black and nothing happens, we have to go back to the main page of HT 2.0

[​IMG]

Personally it's a small price to pay to have the pleasure of having the support of BD menu on a multimedia box in so little time.

Important
    As Nice Monkey says, for those who have video files with multiple tracks rather than just chapters then it simply can not be played, this is the case with multiple episodes, multiple movies and above all concerts / music.

See you

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Only partially can agree here. When the Menu not working is just an inconvenience yes, but on some disks with multiple tracks rather than just chapters then it simply can't be played. This is the case on disks with multiple episodes, multiple movies and above all concerts/music.

4. OlivierQC

Thanks for the information Nice Monkey,

I do not think I have this kind of video file but more '' standard '' movies (ISO / BDMV)

I added your comment in my last message

See you

5. OlivierQC

Hi everyone,

[​IMG]

I'm talking about HT2.0

It contains a lot of customization options, it is better to follow the link to learn more, I will not be able to list everything.

https://www.zidoo.tv/Poster

As mentioned before, HT 2.0 has improved over time and it will continue to evolve over time.

Nothing is perfect in this world, but HT 2.0 offers an excellent experience even if there are things has improved.

I will not be objective because I like the design of HT 2.0 and all its options.

the pictures source come from internet, my system does not contain any picture content, here only for demonstration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And if you do not like HT2.0, Zidoo offers an additional choice that is ZDMC,

Follow the link below

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/release_apk.html

See you

6. Akeela

Akeela New Member

Hallo, I have a movie with English LPCM 5.1 / 48 kHz / 4608 kbps / 24-bit audio, and sound is a white noise with some shadows of original sound, do you know why or which settings I have to do for a clear sound?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  7. OlivierQC

sorry I do not know,

you should create a topic on the forum

see you

8. OlivierQC

Hi,

Another improvement of HT 2.0 with the possibility of seeing the trailer of the movie on the movie details interface.

Tanks Zidoo Team.

[​IMG]

9. JoX

JoX New Member

Good Day to you Sir! Can I just install FW 2.2.85 on my x20 pro...still in FW 1.128? I meant right away from FW 1.1.28 to FW 2.2.85? I am having problem with 1080 blu ray menua. Some cannot play bd menua also HT cannot find some movie in HDD. Hopefully FW 2.2.85 can solve this problem.
    Thanks for you reply.

10. Nice Monkey

No problem should work.

11. JoX

JoX New Member

Ok will update shortly. Thank you very much for your reply. Have a very nice day ahead.

12. JoX

JoX New Member

Need advice....how do you install the FW? I have copy the unzip file to usb (fat32 ). Go to system setting other ( update chose usb update. Access the usb show local file= folder 'flash' & folder 'usb0'.... So which/what to do?

13. JoX

JoX New Member

Finally done update after watching youtube. However this fw 28 still cannot watch Alien Special special edition bd menua which allow your to chose which vision. My other old dune max have no problems.

14. JoX

JoX New Member

notice that this fw update all my movie collection poster in BD or UHD in the poster. No bad! Will be perfect it can play all ny old BD collect in bd menu mode.

15. Nice Monkey

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  16. OlivierQC

their ZIUI and HT 2.0 improve over time, even if it's not perfect.

what bothers me is the problem with seamless branching, I hope Realtek has solved this problem with their new 1619, because for RTD1295/96 it's dead.