Atmos still not working

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Flagator, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Flagator

Flagator New Member

When I first got the unit Atmos worked fine. Now it does not. I reset to factory setting and installed latest firmware 2.2.82 from USB and still it does not show Atmos. I reset to factory settings a couple of times as someone suggested but still no Atmos. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  2. Flagator

Flagator New Member

What are the correct settings on audio on the z9S for Atmos? Is it RAW?

3. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

I don't have Dolby Atmos but Dolby True HD and it works with the RAW setting

upload_2019-9-19_22-32-55.png

upload_2019-9-19_22-36-40.png

4. nabla

nabla New Member

Do you have Atmos height speakers? If not, your receiver might not show you Atmos but only the core track.

5. Flagator

Flagator New Member

Yes, I have height speakers. What is confusing is that it worked when I first got it. Now it does not.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, the correct setting is "HDMI audio" set to <RAW> and make sure "Downmix HD Audio Output" is <off>.

If you play a DD+ Atmos track what does the receiver display show?

If you play a TrueHD Atmos track what does the display show?

7. Flagator

Flagator New Member

The receiver, which has Atmos, says DDTHD which apparently stands for Dolby TrueHD. Previoulsy this same movie showed Atmos.

8. Markswift2003

Atmos tracks are held in a TrueHD wrapper and receivers will default to TrueHD if not configured correctly for Atmos.

The fact that the receiver sees TrueHD means that the player is bitstreaming the Atmos track correctly, the receiver is just not decoding it as Atmos (This of course assumes the chosen audio track is Atmos!!).

This is usually symptomatic of the receiver being setup for 5.1 or 7.1 only with no Atmos speakers defined in setup...

9. Flagator

Flagator New Member

Mark my friend, you just solved my problem with your note on the receiver being the issue. I recently had to reset the receiver to factory reset and apparently when I did it lost my Atmos speaker settings and I never though to check speaker settings. I just set up Atmos speakers on the receiver and problem was solved. Many, many thanks.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  10. Markswift2003

Awesome!! Glad to help :)