ZDMC for X6 - Dedicated thread

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by bovirus, Apr 14, 2016.

1. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@mirror
    @spring

Could you please open a specific thread for ZDMC for X6?

In this specific thread you can post latest ZDMC version available and changelog.

In the same thread you can post links of previous ZDMC version (for etst).

And please integrate ALWAYS latest ZDMC version in any new X6 firmware update.

2. spring

spring Guest

that is good ideal.

3. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

@spring

Kodi team released Kodi 16.1 final version.
    It's time to release ZDMC 16.1 final.
    Thanks.

Paulus likes this.
  4. Paulus

Paulus Member

Yes, please.
    Also because Kodi 16.1 is a huge bugfix release ;)

5. spring

spring Guest

we will.

6. fdishy

fdishy Member

Any idea when to expect ZDMC 16.1? Why don't the version 1.0.33 firmware tell you to update to 1.0.36 OTA? I am on 33 now but am afraid to update it because of all the problems I have been reading about. Should I wait until it says to update OTA? Do it now? or wait for next update. It is very confusing with all the talk about the audio problems and going from one version to another. I used to always load the most recent file. Is this not a good idea with Zidoo? Why are they not saying anything? A couple weeks ago I read they were going to release 16.1 ZDMC in about a week and that never happened. Now customers asking me what to do. I told them to wait. When powering up it says to update to Kodi 16.1 which I know I can't do. I hope Zidoo has not given up on this rockchip compatibility problems. I updated one over the week end that was 1.0.19 and I think it went to either 33 or 34 definitely not 36, why? I have 36 in my flash drive I just don't know if I should trust it. Is it like Vista or ME? I was under the impression they had a team of engineers working these new versions.

7. Paulus

Paulus Member

@fdishy
    Sorry, but it's too simple to think that "new Kodi release = new X6 firmware".
    For sure you know that there are a lot (sadly) of issues not only related to Kodi/ZDMC that need to be addressed and fixed.
    And, by the way, there are also other apps (i.e.Zidoo Theater / native player) that need an improvement.
    So, give to ZTeam some more days, but having, at the end, a good FW (not like .35 ;))

8. fdishy

fdishy Member

One of my questions that you did not reply to was that I read a couple weeks ago that a ZDMC 16.1 would be released in about a week. Since that did not happen I wonder if there is a newer date we maybe able to expect that or has that been cancelled? I did not mention 35 at all. I was asking if 36 was safe? For now I have chosen not to install it based on the complaints that I have read about. I have seen other media box companies start promising release dates for new firmware or software and that never happened at all. My solution there was to stop buying that brand name. I like Zidoo boxes and would hate to see that happen with the Zidoo brand. I am paying a lot more money for the Zidoos because I thought they have better support. I have no choice but to wait more days.

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I agree about 36 release safeness. No encouraging report...

10. Adl

Adl Member

Why to release a dedicated thread for ZDMC on X6 ? Why not for all devices?

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Fine if ZDMC app is the very same for all Zidoo device.
    AFAIK, X6 ZDMC is optimized for Rockchip SoC, and other Zidoo device uses different brand SoC.
    But who knows?
    Zidoo?