New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. I have 2 X9S boxes. One automatically updated to 2.1.28, one did not. Where can I get 2.1.28 to add manually?

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

you can find it at page 12, posted from @pcristi

3. polpo

polpo New Member

too much confusion, firmware 2.1.28 inthe v2.1.25 firmware section are understood

4. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

maybe it was OTA so they dont wanna make a new thread for it
    or maybe it was just the last update they want to provide :(

5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

For all 25 fps files i have to use my rpi as it outputs that with 50 fps.
    Hopefully we will see another firmware with that bug fixed.

6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Isn’t that ongoing issue since the beginning of X9S?
    I remember someone complaining about that all the time.

If the video output is delivered at 50 Hz from 25 fps source you should see perfect film cadence. You need your TV/PJ to sync on 50 Hz.

My Epson PJ has no issues with 50 Hz but my LG TV doesn’t like 50 Hz for some reason. 25 fps gets to the TV at 60 Hz. I use frame interpolation (true motion on). It performs reverse telecine to extract source 25 fps and applies frame interpolation to reduce frame judder. OLED LG screen runs at 120 Hz. If the source 25 fps was coming at 25 Hz or 60 Hz using true motion frame interpolation makes the final result identical in my case.

7. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

The problem is:
    Scource 1080p 25 fps . Ouput to tv also 1080p 25 fps, therefore not smooth.
    Source 720p 25 fps. Output to tv 720p 50 fps ! Therefore perfect playback.
    To get smooth playback with 1080p 25 i need to turn off auto resolution and fps and then set the player to fixed 1080p 50 fps.

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Ekul, are you sure the TV is not doing something for you in the background?
    25 fps delivered to the TV at 50 fps would result in 2:1 pulldown meaning that every frame would be repeated (refreshed) twice before fetching the new frame. Zidoo does not have ability or motion processor to generate frames in between from 25 fps to 50 fps smooth motion.

TV often has set of parameters saved for type of input. The same input could have motion processing on for 50 fps but disabled for 25 fps. Check your TV at each type of video. My projector does it.

9. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Thx for your help 3Dbuff.

Its not the tv, when i look (during playback) at videoinfo on player its tells me 1080p 25. (same as source)
    but playing 720p 25 its says 720p 50. (source 25).
    Same video (1080p 25) plays with rpi just fine at 50. (therefore tv is ok...panasonic plasma)
    So zidoo doubles output from 720p 25 source to 50 , but not with 1080p.
    Very bad for most bbc nature series.
    DVD playback (25) also good output with 50.
    Very strange.

Ps. playing 1080p 25 with kodiplayer also ouput 50.

10. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Do you have a sample file?

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with 25 fps but decided to look into this a bit further.

Good sample files are located at Kodi Samples here.
    3rd section under "Codecs, Framerates and Subtitles" line 4 has 1080p 25fps sample.
    File "FPS_test_1080p25_L4.1.mkv".

If I play this file with auto resolution and frame rate I end up with 1080p at 60Hz like attached picture at the bottom. It's still 25fps but delivered at 60 times per second. Each frame will have slightly different time on screen. Without motion processing it is a bit wavy motion but nothing too drastic. It would be hard to point out what the issue is during the movie unless you know what to look for. Motion processing (TrueMotion on LG) takes care of this issue. It smooths out the motion to any level and gets out of wavy pattern.

Following your example I disabled auto frame and resolution and set the display to 1080p 25Hz. The movie plays at 25 Hz! Motion is true 25fps a bit choppy for my taste but true 25 fps film cadence.

Next step set the display to 1080p 50Hz and play the same sample. Motion is identical to 25fps film cadence. No issues or any stutter. I din't think my TV could do 50Hz ;)

I could make short slow motion videos of each format but you are not going to see much. All looks good and minor issue with 25fps at 60Hz without motion processing.

There is an issue with 1080p 25fps video source using auto resolution and refresh rate not switching it correctly. However I can't confirm any motion issues when playing it at 25 or 50 Hz. It all looks correct and the same on my system with proper film cadence. Your TV has to be doing something different between 25 and 50 Hz. If the source is 25 fps displaying this content at 25, 50 or 100Hz should be identical. Each frame will be repeated (refreshed) once, twice or 4 times but this will be the same frame. OLED display has zero flicker and repeated frames appear to be very static. Plasmas are constantly sweeping the screen. Probably can't sync correctly to 25 Hz source.

IMG_1823r.JPG

12. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Thanks for testing, great help and much appreciated.

We have different output with same file.
    With resolution a IMG_20190910_212727399.jpg IMG_20190910_212903291.jpg n framerate on auto this result.

The first (your testfile with 25 fps) not smooth.
    Second , a 720p with 25 fps, good and smooth playback.

test file with autoresolution and fps to off and output fixed at 50 fps:
    IMG_20190910_213057583.jpg
    Result, of course , good and smooth playback. IMG_20190910_212727399.jpg IMG_20190910_212903291.jpg IMG_20190910_213057583.jpg

13. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Can you make a short slow motion video of the test file at 25fps? The one that is not smooth. Phone slow motion camera works great if you can do it in 120fps and post link to Youtube similar to one of those stutter video I made here.

14. jack_kernel

jack_kernel New Member

I have problem with HDMI IN. If the input video source is a 1080i signal, the video recording capacity will be doubled. That's double Bitrate. 3Mbps -> 6Mbps, 5Mbps ---> 10Mbps, 6Mbps ---> 12Mbps. When the input signal changes to 1080p, this problem was fixed. I need a fix with 1080i signal

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Zidoo / Realtek chipset has issue with 1080i (interlaced) videos. Heavy stuttering on playback. Don't know much about recording but most likely it will try to capture full 1080p frames at 60Hz as displayed on the screen (HDMI port) after processing.

jack_kernel likes this.
  16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

@Ekul, I did a short video of 25 fps. Not very good. The issue is in phone camera working at 120 fps trying to capture 25 fps motion. It would have to be 100, 150 or 200 fps camera to capture frames with correct cadence. On the TV 25 fps and 50 fps looks identical with correct smooth motion without any glitches or stutter. All motion processing on the TV was disabled for the test. I'm assuming my display has to synchronize to 100 or 125 Hz from default 120 Hz panel.
    120 fps slow motion phone camera works well with 24 fps film material ;)

To be correct auto refresh and resolution setting should send 1080p 25 fps video at 25Hz to the display unless the display does not have ability to do 25 fps. The info should be passed from the TV to Zidoo on HDMI EDID tags. You could also connect computer to the TV and check the list of available resolutions and refresh rates in computer display properties. Your TV is probably not showing 25Hz as supported refresh rate. That's why you are getting 50Hz from other devices. My TV appears to have full range of refresh rates but Zidoo chose to stick to 60 Hz for 25 fps movies ;)

For the reference here is 25 fps @ 50Hz and 25 fps @ 60Hz (my default auto refresh).

17. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

My tv has all formats available, whatever pfs you throw at it , it will play with that fps.
    Your zidoo is choosing 60 pfs for 1080p 25.
    Mine choosing 25 (bad playback), but should be 50.
    Tv is also showing 25 fps, exept for 720p 25. Then tv is showing 50 fps delivered by zidoo.(good playback)
    Pi is delivering the right 50 fps with input 1080p 25.
    I hope you understand. My problem is not the tv but wrong zidoo output.
    Your zidoo is also not delevering the right fps . 60 output with 25 input is also not correct.

18. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No doubt, Zidoo has problem with auto resolution on 25fps.
    I'm just pointing out that 25fps is correct film cadence outputted by Zidoo when manually selected.

19. bradhawks

bradhawks New Member

Look, I was also facing the same firmware issue on iPhone while updating firmware Fix iTunes Error 9 occurred, I need to fix it, suggest what should I do.