ZIDOO Controller available in apple app store and Google play

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by mirror, Aug 29, 2019.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Search "zidoo" in apple app store and google play :)

3DBuff, Miguel Ramos, pcristi and 2 others like this.
  2. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Οκ, thanks team, lets try

3. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Its very good, MANY THANKS ZIDOO my z1000 is even more awsome.

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I had a quick look at this app on iPhone. I'm not a fan of using the phone as remote and my life is not revolving around my phone ;)

Here are my few personal opinions of good and bad and what to improve based on my Zidoo X9S and latest firmware 2.1.28.

I've tried few of those phone remotes mainly for Kodi and at the end always end up using small plastic remote or media keyboard.
    First of all touch screen of the phone requires to look at the screen when using the buttons. You can't be looking at the TV screen and try to navigate the cursor on the screen using arrow keys of the touch screen phone. Compared to the regular remote where you can take one look at the keys layout and fill the keys with your finger before pushing it while looking at the TV screen. The swipe touch default remote is trying to fix this issue but you still need to look for other than arrow keys.

1. - The power button on this app will not start or wake up Zidoo :( I still need to use old remote and wake it up in order to use the app :( That should have been resolved in hardware where sleep mode would leave Ethernet port idling at 10Mbps and waiting for wake up signal.

2. - There is no way to adjust volume on my TV using this app unlike the plastic remote where I have buttons assigned to turn TV on, change input and adjust the volume right on the same Zidoo remote. I do have another app for my TV on the phone but plastic Zidoo remote is convenient all in one solution.

3. - When I started to play movie from poster screen I had "Restart" or "Continue" buttons pupped up. Is there a way to click OK on any of those? At this point the remote is showing movie poster and controls like stop, pause, fast forward etc.

4. + Search function is a major improvement over crippled Zidoo player search interface using plastic remote :) Finally keyboard where I can type the letters directly. It's time for Zidoo to revamp this function in the player and at least allow direct number keys from plastic remote just like texting on the flip phone instead of arrow, arrow, arrow , enter to get to the first letter end again to get the second letter.

5. - I'm used to the keyboard controls for ZDMC (Kodi) navigation. Once the ZDMC is started we are limited to the regular remote. It would be really nice if there was an option on remotes from the first swipe remote, second full keys and the third keyboard.

6. - Remote buttons appear as very dark shades of gray against even darker background. My phone has automatic brightness adjustment and the buttons are not visible in dark room conditions. I need to manually adjust phone brightness for the Zidoo app and then turn it back down to my normal level. The app could be a bit brighter. I know it was set up for dark room but the phone is already making brightness adjustments based on ambient light level. Maybe Android version works better but the iPhone is too dark. Brightness appear OK on web based remote.

7. - Here is where this phone controller would make sense for me: The Music App. You should be able to play music out of Zidoo using your good sound system without turning on TV or even worse projector just to find and select what you are looking for.
    Here is the problem. My music collection is organized on my network drive under share Music. Within that share I have folders with artists. Each sub-folder has selection of albums as new folders with list of files as songs under album title. I think it's logical and makes sense.
    Music app V.5 from latest firmware finally allows to brows folder structure all the way to albums. I don't really care about singer / album category done by he program. I already have it. I only need the program to follow directory structure. It works on Zidoo music player v.5 but not the phone remote app :( If I select folders it will show me first level of artists but afer that all songs are in one list by alphabetical order :(

If there is one think this app could do is to play music without the TV or projector. Just get the music player under control and fix the folders list down to any level. Lyrics are already scrolling on the phone. Very nice :)

For the record. Remote using browser function of the Zidoo player has similar issues. You can't wake up or turn on Zidoo from this interface. Music player is worse. It doesn't show even one layer of artists folders. All songs are in one list :(

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

My music is organised in a similar way. To select my folder I leave the Music player and go to the File browser where I can select the folder I want to play and back to Music Player again. A bit clumsy but it works to play music without a need turning on the TV/Projector.

Power Off can work but power On is IR (implemented in HW) only for legal EC standby power consumption reasons (< 0.5W). Any sleep mode will be more than that.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  6. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Quick and convenient fix for this would be to allow leaving Ethernet connection on during the sleep mode in the set up or turn it off to save power. Most of PC's have this function to allow waking up PC remotely using magic pocket.

7. Nice Monkey

The NIC is an integral part of the SOC (System On a Chip) within a media player and only is still active in sleep mode. A PC has a modular mainboard with dedicated standby Power from the PSU for some components like the NIC. Far too costly design for a media player.

Maybe you can use HDMI-CEC to power on automatically synchronised with your TV/AMP?
    Using that in my bedroom setup.

I am curious to see how Zidoo solves the Linear PSU standby power for UHD2000? I think using a separate small circuit board for that is unavoidable.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

it works but it needs to be improved,

i used it with my ipad pro 12.9'' 2019

The homepage is nice

[​IMG]

this one too

[​IMG]

The quality / definition of posters is poor and the banner with the poster at the top is deformed

is it possible to have a dark theme instead of the white background

[​IMG]

the presentation of this page is good, but the banner cuts the picture, a suggestion increase the size of the poster on the right and remove the top banner which is duplicated.

is it possible to have a dark theme instead of the white background

[​IMG]

always the problem of the banner that cuts the picture, put instead the full poster in a corner of the screen or nothing just the remote touch.

the keys of the remote control are deformed and the colors are not bright enough

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you could be inspired by the model from zappiti but with zidoo's colors, black, shades of gray and blue.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
    3DBuff likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

The APP is clearly made for portrait and not landscape. All my Music Player APP's have that problem too.

10. OlivierQC

Hello Nice Monkey,

Sure, but it makes no difference...

[​IMG]

look at the icon of the rolls of motion picture at the top, it is deformed

[​IMG]

and I see that the borders of the poster are cut off, or not at the right scale

[​IMG]

zidoo has a good base, and there are adjustments to make at the visual level, distorted picture, image cut or not at the right scale, change the appearance of the remote control, etc ...

see you

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Ratio and scale is correct on my iPhone 6+

IMG_E1816r2.JPG

IMG_E1818r2.JPG

IMG_E1817r2.JPG

This is bright buttons remote from web interface:
    IMG_E1819r2.JPG

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The real advantage would be to have fully functional music player where you can control your surround system without the need for TV or projector. Music navigation using file browser is not working the same as on screen music player.

Zidoo please fix music player on the App - file browsing.

13. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

We will update a version that supports IPAD layout.

skelton likes this.
  14. OlivierQC

thanks mirror

15. skelton

skelton Member

Thanks Zidoo for this app, really nice!!

16. OlivierQC

hi everyone,

For information:
    zidoo controller can not find my Zidoo and I have to use the IP address.

---------------

I use Zidoo controller and I have two points.

[​IMG]

may be the problem will be solved with the future update (layout ipad) or not, I prefer to report it.

the shortcut button of the remote is over the icon back to the previous page, we see a little bit of the icon back to previous page

[​IMG]

on the collection page it is completely hidden

[​IMG]

I often lose the signal between the zidoo controller and my X20 pro, I am connected by IP address.

is it possible to be connected by bluetooth ?

[​IMG]

some poster have an excellent resolution

[​IMG]

and others have a lower quality

[​IMG]

to be continued

17. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I use the app with an iPad pro (12.9 inch) and 3 posters only by row is not enough. It takes ages to to scroll down a big collection.

In poster view settings, when you select the labels option, it displays the titles and if you select the titles option, it displays the labels.

Posters display always start in very low resolution before to get a good resolution when you to scroll in the posters wall (but very slowly).

18. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Use QR code function to scan from control app from player.
    Then it’s ok

19. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

In poster wall—->category, the word « movie » is misspelled: « move » instead of « movie ».

In settings ——>about media player, the word « storage » is misspelled: « stroage » instead of « storage ».

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Everything seems ok with the new version of the app, but the landscape mode for the ipad. We are always locked in portrait mode.