New firmware v2.2.61 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Apr 27, 2019.

1. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

I got the box not long ago actually, my first Zidoo after reading so much about it. Previously I was using the dinosaur AC Ryan and a Mibox....both did not have the issue of auto stopping. Watched Shazam and it stopped 3 times. It's a pain cause as the fight scene gets exciting, it suddenly stopped and u go....what? Thing is, it does not show usb disconnected,but it gets back to the screen in HT2 right after you click the movie poster. When I resumed, it also did not resume at where it stops abruptly but at a much earlier point. It’s odd.

Asked the seller but he claimed it's the firmware that's the issue. So I just updated it and gonna need some time to test it.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. Can't find any post here with the exact same issue as mine though.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  2. woody

woody Member

I clear cache and kill tasks before each movie playback. Has worked for me so far after facing playback stoppages earlier.

I don't have any technical reason, just suggestion you can try it if running out of other options.

3. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Actually I do that all the time. So, yea....it's not the problem. I updated the firmware again today ( after a failed update, where the screen get stuck for an hour plus ). Tried one movie and it didn't stop. Since the stop is random, I am not sure if this mean the problem is gone.

However, my Kodi/XDMC is now not working. It starts but, an app close pop up will come up and it will shut down. Is this a firmware issue?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  4. woody

woody Member

And I don't have any extra applications installed. Even uninstalled the browser. Just play media files. Ver 2.2.61 installed.

It's been a while Z9S has got any firmware update. Hoping they fix the underlying issues.

5. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

Earlier I was contemplating on Himedia Q10 and the Zidoo Z9s, was thinking of giving Zidoo a chance, but these issues are a little discouraging.

Hopefully a better firmware will be up soon to fix all underlying issues.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

7. woody

woody Member

I will be patient and wait few more days for it to appear in the official download page.

If there is indeed an updated firmware.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

There is - I've installed it.

9. wilsonganks

wilsonganks Member

What improvements do u see?

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Nice Avatar!

I recommend not to install ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.2.78_201907051730_OTA. No improvements found yet by me (sure some must be there).
    Wait for the official release. It may also break your warranty installing unofficial releases (Futeko).

Problems after a quick scan including a factory reset:
    - The front panel remained in "Hello" first time. The next boots it came with the clock.
    - Media Center VL length problem not solved.
    - Many BD's with a single subtitle won't find that subtitle is played directly but will be found when played with BD Menu.
    - Eject only works after a very long time.
    - Lots of short interruptions on HD music playback using Zidoo Music Player 3.0
    - etc

It is not possible to backout this FW as it still checks to be an upgrade! In my vision this is a bad check.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  11. apgood

apgood New Member

The Android remote control app works fine for me with the Z9S using wired ethernet.

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

So does mine now. Got an update pushed on my Zidoo Controller APP.

I would much prefer Zidoo to solve the many problems first and not launch new features as this one, despite being nice.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

TBH none.

They have added rec.2020 colour space but I don't have a projector.

Also they have updated music player but I don't use this a a music player

Oh not to forget the addition of a 'camera app'????

Otherwise seem just the same - in as much it addresses none of my issues or requests.

14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I updated to the Russian site firmware, despite there supposedly being NFS improvements it has broken mine for 4K / Atmos files, constant glitching and sound loss, SMB is fine.

15. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

Hello,

Is there anything I can do to correct the problem of bad media type detection in the Home Theater app? The version included with this firmware is 2.2.8.
    All the 4K movies, be it ISO or BDMV folders, are detected ad BD with no distinctions from the other legacy BDs.

Thanks

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

HT2 does not scan the media info when you add movies. However when you play a movie it should than update with the 4K flag. You can manually update the 4K flag via the web version of HT2

For example open it via the IP address of your Zidoo.

192.168.1.170:9528/pc/

From here you can access the movie wall in your browser and add the 4K flag.

17. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

I surely hope you are wrong. Because if this is the case then this player is really sub par. Other players do that well and label the media correctly. I want to believe this is a bug.

18. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Nope I'm not wrong and its not a bug. HT2 has some great features but also lacks some basic ones. One is the function to scan media info when adding media and another is that there is no way to logically split the media wall between TV and Movies.

I have sent many emails to the support team requesting these. Will they ever appear - your guess is as good as mine?

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

According to Zidoo (a conversation I had back in May this year), since MediaInfo is only called by the player and not the scraper, this feature is extremely unlikely to be implemented.

20. Chirita Laurentiu

Chirita Laurentiu New Member

But on Zappiti 4K HDR it's working, slow but working :)