New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I have a X9S and a X8 and never had audio offset problems...lipsync is perfectly correct. So I have to agree with @HaoSs, the issue is just at your end ;)

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

how about odroid N2, my friend use it and with coreelec he can passthrough all HD audio include Atmos
    me too i think :(
    coz if it not sync at a hundreds of milisecond, maybe i cannot notice it too :p

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well i had problems with audio sync on my x6pro. Even small one you can notice. Its very very annoying . So if you are not noticing it. it's not there

4. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It’s about 50ms. I don’t really need to adjust it. Going to audio offset menu puts it back in time.

Maybe it is something in my Zidoo. Flushing the image is the last resource :(

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i have seen strange bugs with no explication getting solved by a reflash in 90% of the cases .that's why i suggested it

6. godalmighty

50ms, just like bluetooth connection delay :(
    but still i dont notice any with my X9S :p

7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

In case of 24p content, 50ms is more than 1 frame offset....and in case of 60p content it's about 3 frames. So NO, Zidoo doesn't have an audio offset issue because I would definitely notice it!
    Are you sure you don't have some processing going on with your TV or receiver? (like frame interpolation, motion flow, HDMI lipsync, ecc...) Otherwise you need to reset / reflash your Zidoo...

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Yes I do have motion interpolation on and at the beginning I was blaming the TV. Later I changed audio path from Zidoo SPDIF to Zidoo > HDMI > TV > SPDIF > Amp or headphones. Not quite sure if it’s better but still there.

What points to Zidoo is the fact that I don’t really need to adjust it. Going to audio offset menu correct the problem. First I was adjusting it back and fourth 25 of 50 to make it right. Then I realized that adjustment is not necessary. Opening audio offset function correct the delay.

If nobody else can confirm this it still could be my TV doing some audio video re-sync when triggered.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

try connecting some headphones to USB and turn on usb audio and test ? if you have a USB headset :p

10. rondi7

rondi7 New Member

I WAS following the Odroid N2 & the CoreElec N2 forums for a few months. You're correct--all current audio mixes will be passed thru. The big problem for me is--they will not be adding HDR to SDR BT2020. Instead they convert HDR to 709.
    Their reason--none of the programmers have a pj and they have no idea how to implement it. I have a pj and of course HDR is impossible. So last week I bought a Z9S, which has HDR to SDR 2020.

11. JohnS

JohnS Member

That’s a very odd path, the best way is zidoo -> (HDMI) amp -> (HDMI) Tv and if your tv supports Arc HDMI you should plug it in that port in order to pass Tv audio to amp

12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

TV has only stereo speakers and my old amp for TV area is also stereo. I also use headphones for night watching. To keep audio and video on the same path Zidoo > HDMI directly to TV > SPDIF to analogue extractor for stereo receiver and headphones.

My big 7.1 receiver is tied to projector 3D but not 4K. I have RPi there.

13. JohnS

JohnS Member

Well, time for an upgrade ! :D

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I know, it’s time ;)

15. JohnS

JohnS Member

i have mine zidoo-> (audio) optical -> amp, zidoo ->Hdmi -> Tv and never had any problem with audio delay. i'm just sure that it's your setup causing these delays.
    I, on the other hand, I'm very frustrated that zidoo keeps asking my DNS server for its ip EVERY 5sec! and I don't know how to override it

16. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Never seen this issue ;)

17. godalmighty

i`m using X9S for my pj too and my pj only support 1080p SDR 8bit but i dont know anything info about bt709 or bt2020:(
    for now i dont see any different if my X9S play a 4k HDR content to my pj when i turn off HDR, the color still a little bit wash out
    then i compared it with same movie with different stage, 1080p SDR 10bit and in my opinion, it look better with this file, the dark scene did not crush the detail
    i have setup just like yours
    from my zidoo, hdmi go directly to tv and optical to my avr (coz my avr did not have hdmi input)
    if i turn on all sound together, they never get sync with each output
    but if i using only one, i cannot notice any delay like @3DBuff said

18. Random_Vibration

Random_Vibration Active Member

Audio offset is almost always a function of all devices in the chain. TV processing settings can cause sync issues due to the time delay required to do the things requested in the settings. The auto sync function in Marantz/Denon receivers have been known to cause more harm than good to compensate for sync issues. Processing on the player side can even cause sync issues. That being said, TVs with processing turn on are often the culprit. Players with processing abilities have a better chance syncing the signal going out if the TV isn't doing much processing afterwards. I found tracking sync issues isn't as easy as blaming the player. I resolved them by resolving setting issues throughout the HDMI chain and not just at the player end.

19. JohnS

JohnS Member

If you don’t have a dedicated DNS server (like pi-hole as I do) you won’t notice. I just don’t know if it’s normal behavior or a wrong configuration

20. szefo

szefo Active Member

On the Russian forum 4pda a new version of the software x9s 2.1.28
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=772588&st=28880
    post #28897

change log:
    System
    1. Optimize the NFS connection strategy to avoid the problem of player (gallery) error caused by network fluctuations.
    2. Optimize system stability
    3. Add mobile phone control function (you can control all functions of the player by mobile phone. You can change the device name in 'All Apps - Control Center', the mobile phone control app has been put on Google Play, and the Apple Store is uploaded later.
    Player
    1. Subtitle download increases multi-language simultaneous download function
    2. Optimize DLNA projection function
    3. Optimize the plug-in ASS, SSA special effects subtitles, the memory leak caused the player (gallery) error
    Blu-ray navigation
    1. Subtitle download increases multi-language simultaneous download function
    2. Fix the problem that the status bar is not displayed.
    Poster wall
    1. Optimize custom wallpaper loading to solve the problem of loading long images or high resolution images that are easy to crash
    2. Optimize the search interface
    3. Optimize stability
    Music player
    1. Rewrite the playback engine and upgrade to ZIDOO MUSIC V5.0
    2. Optimize playback stability, such as SACD abnormal jump problem
    3. Add multiple audio formats, such as AIF
    4. Folder interface optional original directory structure browsing
    5. Optimize CUE file playback accuracy
    Quick settings
    1. Subtitle download language adds multiple selection function
    2. Optimize the audio original sampling rate switch

godalmighty, dr4go and Appie72 like this.