New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. szefo

szefo Active Member

New poster version 2.3.7 (the latest version from z9s).

1. Optimize custom wallpaper loading to solve the problem of loading long images or high resolution images that are easy to crash
    2. Optimize the search interface
    3. Optimize stability

Attached Files:

godalmighty and dr4go like this.
  2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i'm gonna skip this coz still not fix for tv shows issues and others
    change log did not interested me :(

3. Jeomite

Jeomite New Member

I updated to the latest firmware and now I cannot turn off subtitles. Every time I play a new video, it automatically enables subtitles (Home Theater 2.0 App). I use External Home Theater 2.0 app as the player.

When I try to downgrade the firmware back, it gives me an error message.

4. samhain

samhain New Member

how to downgrade to V2.1.22?

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

To downgrade firmware you must flash your unit with a xxx.img file (How to flash zidoo - post). But be carefull, some report unit ship with 2.1.1 can be brick if attempting to flash with lower than 2.1.1 .img file. Flashing unit is risky and should be use only to solve real problem!

samhain likes this.
  6. Jeomite

Jeomite New Member

If someone has a copy of Home Theater 2.0 APK where the subtitles can be "permanently" turn off so I don't have to select "Subtitle > Off" for every video I watch (it's annoying). I don't understand why they removed this option in the NEWER versions of Home Theater 2.0

7. Sarco

You can find HT APK in all OTA, simply unzip the desire OTA and search in the files.

8. Jeomite

Jeomite New Member

Thank you for this information.

Will the OS allow me to uninstall Home Theater 2.0, or it's built into the OS/firmware?

I will try either way when I get off work in 10 hours...

9. Sarco

Home theatre is only an app, you can uninstall it.

10. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Subtitles ON is just an option you must have enabled by mistake. Just go in in Quick Settings -> Playback -> Default language -> select "Default subtitle" OFF... you should be good! Otherwise try to reset your Z9S because I don't have this issue (with the latest FW 2.1.25)

Jeomite likes this.
  11. Jeomite

Jeomite New Member

This resolved my issue. Previously the Subtitles -> OFF option was built into the Home Theater app itself. I guess it was relocated to Quick Settings -> Playback now.

Thank you giangi76

12. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Great! Happy I could help! I don't remember if the option used to be also in the Home Theater App, but I can assure you it always has been in the "Quick Settings" also in previous FWs ;)

13. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Is the firmware v 2.2.82 also coming to the X9S?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  14. Appie72

Appie72 New Member

xiaNaix, JohnS, dr4go and 1 other person like this.
  15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Talking about subtitles, I have one of the remote custom buttons assigned to subtitles. Very convenient direct access to selection and on/off.
    Forced subs are not automatic unless you use full BD Menu but than audio offset is not easily accessible;)

16. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Now available in 1, 2 or 4 gb versions the new Raspberry P4.
    Has 4k hevc, audio passthrough, 3D, gigabit LAN with usb 3, native kodi ,ect.
    What do you all think of it?
    Finally a good alternative?

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It’s all new redesigned hardware. It will take a while before you’ll see stable Kodi for RPi 4.
    I doubt we’ll ever see goodies like BD Menu on Kodi.
    We have to wait and see if capable of 4K HDR and Atmos audio.

Having a native Kodi player would solve few small issues for me:
    - center channel boost on stereo downmix
    - updated movies in progress list
    - crippled search function with arrow keys to select numbers for letters instead of direct letter keys or number keypad

There is also something going on with audio offset on Zidoo player. It’s always off by a small margin. Going to audio offset function puts it back in time but there is no direct function to it like in Kodi. It takes multiple keys and menus to get to it. When player is launched from BD Menu audio offset is not accessible at all.

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

for a kodi player seems a good option. the micro HDMI ports are a negative tho.

Think the audio problem may be at your end. never had audio off. i use PCM 2.0 over SPDIF

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Look really close at lip sync. Make small adjustment until it’s perfect. Next time you start Zidoo or even wake it up it will be off on the lip sync just a touch. If you get to audio offset adjustment menu it jumps in sync without even making the adjustment. It’s marginal and may not bother most of the people just like micro stutter in the past but it’s there ;)

I did use PCM 2.0 over SPDIF thinking it will give me better more direct sound. Then I went to Zidoo HDMI to TV > SPDIF thinking that the separate audio path from video is the source of my offset variation. At the end I realized that it is something in Zidoo player not applying correct settings from audio offset function on start up. Very marginal.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i have a x9s and a x10 for about ....2 years now ? never had problems with sync. I'd say do a factory reset. reflash the latest .img, update to latest firmware. and test again..