New firmware v1.0.39 version for ZIDOO H6 Pro release

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Manuel

Manuel New Member

By far the Zidoo H6 Pro is one of the highest & well rounded hardware TvBox. Its software sucks. But it sucks because of lack of Google licenses in which most of the Chinese boxes out there have the same issues some way or another. I bought the Beelink Gt, and believe me, i returned to use my zidoo. then i frind of mine borrowed me the Minix Neo U9, and then after a one week of using it, i returned to my Zidoo. In other words, the H6 pro is a good Hardware Box but without the correct software.

stevetat likes this.
  2. Mike Kay

Mike Kay Member

Assuming zidoo have now thrown the H6 under a bus and forgotten about it, maybe they should (if they havent already?) release the source code of the software on the box out to the PD and some hobbiests could make their own version?

or is this not practical (or has it been done already??) am wondering if other boxes using the allwinner chipset could not have their OS ripped onto it?

stevetat likes this.
  3. GoDi

GoDi Member

How are u liking it?
    I am thinking of selling my H6 too, and I am also considering getting the KM9 Pro to replace it...
    Is the lan video app anything like the Zidoos? Mainly thinking since I have tons of files in different folders will it be able to browse the folders and only show the folder content, and not just spam all the directory contents in "one folder view"?

I wonder would it be somehow possible to get the Zidoo Media Center off the H6 and use it on KM9 (or other android tv box)? :p

4. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

Well i don't think you could make the media center work. I haven't tested the build in player, because it looks like s*it. But there are plenty of other options. Kodi could play them. Movian can play them just add bookmark as smb share folder or it can work with dlna server as well as kodi.
    Stremio and morph tv are great streaming video platforms, movian is good for torrent videos and local files via share or dlna. Kodi is still great, but too heavy and slow app and difficult to configure.
    Km9 has some bugs, but is worthy.
    I just ordered another one km9pro classic that is with 2+16 which is enough i think and more affordable.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  5. GoDi

GoDi Member

I just ordered the classic too, 36 euros, plus taxes, making it 45 euros, not bad :)
    Now just have to wait... 20+ long days :D

6. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

That is great, mine is in Amsterdam and will be here probably in a week. I guess this classic box will have the same issue as the other one, but hope to be wrong. You will have to keep it on, because you cant wake it up sometimes (not a big deal, phones are on all the time since we buy them), CEC does not work at least on LG (not a big deal, BT remote is nice and does not disconnect), LAN connection sometimes freezes and have to unplug it to restart. That is why i use WiFi, this could be a problem of router is away or not in the same room (it depends).
    Tell your experience with it GoDi once you get it!

GoDi likes this.
  7. Manuel

Manuel New Member

I'm kind of sure you will go back to the H6, even though the problems we have discussed lately. You will see, i hope not but perhaps you will miss the performance of H6. that happened to me. Cheers

dikonomi likes this.
  8. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

I agree with Manuel for the performance. My H6 works great and that nuisance of google play services has not shown up again since installing the other launcher. I must say though I use it exclusively to watch online movies, shows, live TV (sports) and YouTube, which might not be enough for those who wanna do other things, like playing games or whatever. Anyway, good luck to everyone with their choices :)

9. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

I just received my KM9 Pro Classic 2+16 i can tell that it works just like the 4+32 model. I cant make the difference except it looks cooler. HDMI CEC works, but i guess it should work on the 4gb model too. I have 2 identical TV 1 is 42LB730V the other 47LB730V same model LGs . Classic's CEC work on 42" but didnt on the 47" this might be a problem of the TV software version or HDMI cable itself. I need more testing on that. I left it sleep over night i was able to power it up. Hope to have fixed the issue with freezing after sleep. Also update app on KM9PRO is killed after checking for update on KM9PRO Classic checks and says that you have the latest version, so in theory should be able to update when firmware is available. So you get the same stuff for 20$ less all Google certified, Android9 and great for video streaming and games like RealRacing 3.
    LAN still freezes when i try to connect to OpenVPN like on KM9PRO. I will monitor how it deals in everyday use.
    Best regards!
    IMG_20190626_002556.jpg IMG_20190626_002747.jpg IMG_20190626_002810.jpg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    GoDi and dikonomi like this.
  10. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

My brother has a Mecool M8S Pro L, 3+16 GB, it's really nice.

11. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

Well on classic CEC works, but the only bug is that OK button on TV's remote actually is UP+OK, Otherwise BOX can start TV and TV can sleep the BOX.
    For the Pure PRO i figured out that is works only when i remove the other HDMI cable connection TV+PC then it works the same except i cant start TV from BOX and TV cant sleep the BOX, but since i need other HDMI too i cant control BOX with TV's remote. All that is strange because old nexbox A95X works just fine with the 2 HDMI cables on that TV. Anyhow Mecool is great, only HDMI CEC and LAN is kind of buggy, Classic looks a little more premium and stable for now i can sleep the device and wake it up, something that often freezes on pure PRO.

12. GoDi

GoDi Member

Im still waiting for mine to come... I will post feedback when I get it.

13. GoDi

GoDi Member

I got my KM9 Pro today, few issues:

Any idea how to stop the box from starting with the tv? I have hdmi cec off and it still starts every time, wich is a pain since the tv also goes for that input and I have to manually switch inputs everytime I start the tv up...

I cant seem to get the video to play smoothly, mainly only been testing with kodi, the box does a poor job in switching refresh rates, mainly because it does not do that, so the box stays at 60hz mode even though kodi is set to sync to video, causing 24fps movies to stutter really bad (good movie to test with is deadpool, first minute).

The build in video player does not work for me, when I start it, it just closes after 1 second, I have tried restarting but not helping...

Other than those issues, well the box is smooth, but since atm video is jerky/stuttering, it's useless untill I figure it out...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  14. federico dedomenici

federico dedomenici New Member

Remember to update the rom

15. GoDi

GoDi Member

Argh, I probably wont be keeping the KM9, too many issues.
    I have it setup in my bedroom where I have a 65" 4k 3D tv (I have Zidoo X9S with LG OLED 65" in living room, that tv box is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000x better than H6 or KM9), and I watch 3D movies in bedroom, and KM9 apparently Sucks at it!
    The box does not switch the TV to 3D by itself, I have to manually do it from tv menu, and that makes the subtitles mess up, and to top that, none of the softwares does a good in playing 3D ISO:s :(

That, and the fact that the box starts with tv no matter what settings AND the fact that I have to change resolution settings every time I watch a different fps file makes it a bad tv box :(
    I tried with kodi, nova, vlc and few more, all of those are total crap compared to the zidoo one, and None can manage to change the refresh rate...

16. GoDi

GoDi Member

Could u please tell me how u managed to get the microsoft launcher to the H6?
    When I search the app store I cannot find it.

17. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

Sorry to hear that, i dont have some of your issues. 1stly I dont watch 3D, My tv does not start the box, but box can start my LGTV and TV stops the TVBOX. the video apps that I use are MorpheusTV and Movian, since it can use all local torrent sites and play video from there without downloading it. That is good enough for me.Video is smooth and no problems even with games like RealRacing3. I am happy with the box quality, performance and price and it is the best for my needs that i have had till now.

18. dikonomi

dikonomi Member

Hello, it's on Google Playstore, but you may download it also from Filelinked. Code 70875750.

19. Manuel

Manuel New Member

I told you Dude. That happened to me. I got back to my H6. And let me tell u something; making aside the Google play services issue, H6 pro is a good box. The trick i found is that i have left turned on my box since the last 5 months, not any single issues so far.

20. GoDi

GoDi Member

I have H6 and X9S, let me tell u, the X9S is zillion times better than H6, on Everything.
    The movie wall is awesome, the box is faster, the ui is better, the picture quality is better, it has better connections, and the best, it has no issues.
    Too bad its sold out everywhere or costing a ton :(
    I wish I had bought another of those when I was between it and h6... :(

dikonomi: Maybe there is different apps in different countries, to me there is no microsoft launcher in google playstore :(