New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Is the microstutter back in 21.25?
    Many episodes starts to shiffer after aprox 12 min.
    Pauze and restart is then meedeed to stop .
    I went back to 21.22 and all is ok.

Further i really hope that internal srt finally
    not showing all strange Chinese letters in between
    and random letter at end of line.
    Its just a matter of good utf-8 decoding.

Vinny4K likes this.
  2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i'm not using ZDMC cos i prefer HT
    but i want to help you
    in ZDMC go to Setting (gear icon) then go to Player settings
    in video section at the first row you can find where you can choose external player to play your video
    to able use the forced sub than you have to disable "Play video with external player"
    15596572619824365899369689259409.jpg

you did a downgrade from 21.25 to 21.22?

i do not notice any microstutter but if you say so then i believe it is
    coz my eyes not that sensitive to notice it, lucky me

for .srt the problem still exist :(
    for i remembered they said it was the chipset to blamed and they cannot do anything about it
    i dont know how about Z9S, are they suffered it too?

3. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Yes i did.

For the srt i guess not, bacause no probleem with mxplayer of kodi player.(for testing)

samhain likes this.
  4. samhain

samhain New Member

How did you downgrade?

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

samhain likes this.
  6. lucabis

lucabis Member

7. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I can suggest a work around (hoping the Zidoo team can find a solution some day): if your subtitles have the Forced track embedded in the main track, you can demux the subtitle track, then use BDSup2Sub (just google it, you'll find the version 5.1.2 download) to extract the forced track. Once you have the separate forced track do a new mux adding it to your original mkv project. Once done you can select the forced track during the movie playback. This is all manual, but it works for me! ;)

8. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

What do you mean by "many episodes" (give some specs please?) because I have absolutely no microstutter problem with 1080p or 4K HDR ISOs (23,976 or 24 fps), nor mkv untouched remuxed made from ISOs (I only use the Zidoo with these kind of files).... but I'm curious and would like to check. THX

9. lucabis

lucabis Member

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's unthinkable for me, I have over 1000 mkv files, it would take me months to make them all.

10. lucabis

lucabis Member

How can I tell the zidoo team about this problem?

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I don't really have problems with subtitles. Most of the time I don't use them and I select forced subtitles as needed. I even have subtitles function assigned to green button on remote.

Why do you need to remux and go through all this trouble if at the end you still need to select it? Why can't you select forced subtitles without remuxing? Forced subtitles work correctly from complete ISO or disk file structure if the movie is played from BD menu.
    The auto selection of forced subtitles is the function of the player made by Realtek team and Zidoo has very little to do with it as far as I know.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  12. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Instead of clicking on OK button in the last step use the small 'Menu" button on Zidoo remote on the right lower corner of the direction wheel Zidoo remote. Select "Play using..." as suggested before. Next you will see:
    "ZidooPlayer" - self explanatory
    "VideoPlayer" - Kodi player

Try both and see what you think.

Question here. Why do you use Video > hard disk folders in ZDMC to select the movie? Do you have ZDMC set up with scrapers to generate movie posters, art work, synopses etc? You should be using Movies selection from the main menu. The function "Play using..." works in either way.

IMG_1169s.JPG

13. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Watching The Flash web-dl (1080p with 23.976 fps, 1,6 gb) on 21.25 starts every episode after approx 12 min to a kind of stuttering in slowmotion.
    Now on 21.22 no problem.

14. lucabis

lucabis Member

I made the settings described above to use the external player. And forced subtitles work, but you see micro shots.

Using zdmc with video files because I find it more practical, I'm not interested in covers and other things.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Kodi player as video player is useless to me because of skipped frames and micro stutters.

Zidoo player is my preferred choice for all even if I don’t get automatic forced subs, centre channel boost on stereo downmix, movies in progress list, watched tags etc.

JohnS likes this.
  16. JohnS

JohnS Member

It would be nice if they could add some of these features....

17. lucabis

lucabis Member

I use zdmc because it's easy to use. Then in playback I use the zidoo player much better. I can't understand why they can't solve this problem.

18. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

3DBuff, is there any (good) video player that have the "centre channel boost on stereo downmix" working?
    TIA!

19. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

I don't know why he needs remuxing, but @lucabis has the problem with mkv files and I suggested a work around...that's all. By the way, I do remuxes because I live in Italy and a lot of titles are not distributed in BD 4K (all of Disney / Pixar animations, for example)...so this means I need to remux the BD italian track to the BD 4K video... and if I want the forced track in the mkv remux, I need to use the work around and recall the forced subtitles manually.

With ISO, no problem... but that isn't the issue! ;)

20. giangi76

giangi76 Active Member

Ok, thanks! I will try and download some webdl to check if this happens to me too ;)