New firmware v2.2.61 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Apr 27, 2019.

1. 8129

8129 New Member

Problems with some android apps,
    Most of them crashes on opening some takes time to load.
    YouTube won't open just loading, can't even open Google play.
    I should've stick to 2.2.40

2. 8129

8129 New Member

2.1.40 I meant

3. x9suser

x9suser Member

Don't you read the release notes with every FW upgrade.

"If you have installed google play kit, please reinstall it after upgrade."

4. 8129

8129 New Member

Noted

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Yes indeed, but I still wonder why it is not distributed with it and re-installed automatically during upgrades?
    Is there a valid reason why not to install it?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Because Google is evil in every way?

7. x9suser

x9suser Member

Some people just want to use Z9S as a media player foremost. They don't want any extra baggage from Google play store that might interfere with the stability of the player.

For others who have installed apps in previous FW before, better install back the play kit or else some of the apps won't work properly.

8. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

indeed, my sony tv has google play but after installing 3rd party apps, the tv becomes unstable so at the end i reverted back to factory default

9. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

my rule of thumb is upgrade if there is a feature or fix i need. so i am still on the last stable release.

ICU2018 likes this.
  10. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

zidoo has no stable firmware !!! that's all beta !!!
    We are the tester for zidoo and all other cheap products from Taiwan and China ...

JAPAN IS STILL THE BEST !!!

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Maybe because Japanese company’s have more money to build their products from the bottom up? Chinese company’s are at the mercy of soc manufacturers whose priority’s might not be the same as yours.

12. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

well, in terms of perfection and attention to detail, I agree. but product cycle is so short these days it put them in disadvantage. eg, betamax, fuel cell cars, LFA...

13. Dan

Dan Member

Still having issues with USB drive disconnecting whilst playing back media only happens on both USB 3.0 slots.

Anyone else having this issue, it’s happened twice in an hour. Reboot the box and it’s ok.

14. cvvcvv

cvvcvv New Member

It also happens to me in last firmwares, 2.2.6.1 included.

15. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Maybe you went left one stop too far triggering Eject? That Eject can happen half an hour or more later.
    USB handling is pretty flawed. Also plugging in a new device may cause another device on a USB port to stop working etc.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  16. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

+1 Same problem. 2 HDD 8TB via USB 3.0

Roll back to 2.1.30

17. wk11739

wk11739 New Member

Yes also having the same issue on my box with the latest firmware.

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Same kind of pb with the the usb3 of my z10. No pb with the USB 2.0 slots but when I use any of the USB 3.0 to connect a HDD, most of the time (not everytime) the movies use to freeze (I have a message talking about gallery not responding and asking to close the app when I press the stop button). After that, no choice but to restart the zidoo to get back my external hdd in media center.

Same hdd and same movies but using one of the usb 2 slot, everything is ok.

19. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

just to add I sometimes experience problems with my sony tv via tv's usb port too. and it does seem to me the usb3 port is less reliable to the usb2. might be it could be more a bug on the os. perhaps the player can do some bigger buffering to work around....

20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Do those if you that are having USB3 problems have wi-Fi turned on in the box? If so try turning wi-fi off, it’s an age old problem on many devices.