New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

almost all my tv shows were AAC2ch, i`m using spdif to transfer it to my pld AVR, it sound
    i just choose RAW for SPDIF setting and HDMI too
    yes i think it dont work anymore for resolution
    but since almost all my files were 1080p 23.976fps so i just choose HDMI display to 1080p@23hz and set auto switch only for frame rate
    when i played 720p content, on my projector display info was 1080p that mean the X9S do the upscalling
    but if i want the projector do the upscalling then i should set HDMI display to 720p

2. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

I know, thank you.
    Just like it happens to me. In my opinion it is a problem, is it possible that no one has said it before? To you with the previous firmware worked differently?
    I hope it is solved.
    Thanks for answers.

3. godalmighty

from previous firmware when i played 720p content, in my tv onscreen info show 720p too and it mean my tv do the upscalling job
    but since i`m using 1080p projector, so it not bothering me if the auto switch for resolution didnt worked anymore coz almost all of my contents were 1080p @23.976fps
    and i really happy in this firmware they add 1080p @23hz

4. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

I didn't understand the difference well between setting 24Hz or "new" 23Hz. For films 23,97 is 23Hz better to make FPS and dispaly refresh match?

5. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

It is matched. 24Hz is real even 24fps. 23Hz is 23.976fps (24/1.001) to be exact. The video source file generates frame rate and final pixel click rate on HDMI port. If you have auto resolution and refresh rate set on Zidoo the display device will follow the clock from HDMI port. Any deviation from perfect sync will result in skipped or doubled frames.

When you select fixed display output in Zidoo like 23, 24 or 60Hz it will generate those fps rates on Zidoo home screen and HT app and even movies when pushed. If source fps is not matched to output screen Hz it will stutter periodically.

We had this issue on previous firmware for the last couple of years ;)

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    JohnS and godalmighty like this.
  6. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

"It is matched. 24Hz is real even 24fps. 23Hz is 23.976fps (24/1.001) to be exact"

OK!

ok, but if in the player "autoswitch framerate" is setting ON , the value will overlap the fixed output display. Right?

7. godalmighty

like @3DBuff said, 23hz was for 23.976fps content
    i also cannot notice any micro stutter with my eyes, lucky me
    but the different i know is when you set auto switch for framerate and you play 23.976fps content, at start after 1or2 seconds the display will adjust the frame rate and it cause black screen for about 1second:(
    same with after you finish the movie or stop it, it gonna switch back the frame rate and the black screen shows again :(
    but now after they profide 23hz, black screen wont appear anymore unless you play others than 23.976fps content

8. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Not quite. The display device has to be set accordingly to follow input frame rate. In order for my LG TV to display 23,976fps exactly I need to select “Real Cinema” mode on TV. Without it the TV takes 32.976fps signal and performs 3:2 pull down on 60Hz display. It is actually 6:4 pulldown on my 120Hz screen.

Any motion processing (frame interpolation) will try to extract source frame rate even if Zidoo is set for 60Hz and generate gradual missing frames.

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Just remember there are 2 different display adjustments in Zidoo. One for home and HT screens and one for player that outputs movies to the display device. If everything is matched you don’t see the black screen blink that @godalmighty is talking about. The down side of this is slower somewhat stuttering poster movement on HT screen.

10. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

Perfect!
    I thought 24Hz was 23.97 and I didn't understand why to add 23Hz in the options.

..it gets harder for me. I'll try "true cinema" on my panasonic. Any frame interpolation is setting always OFF in my tv.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Don’t know Panasonic but it should be somehow similar to my LG OLED.

Real Cinema has to be on selected not greyed out and stuck on or off. When greyed out you don’t have 23.976fps on HDMI port or frame interpolation is on.

I’m not a big fan of 24fps true cinematic experience. Too choppy and strobing motion for my eyes on OLED display. I do use frame interpolation to smooth things out a bit.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  12. polocmoi

polocmoi New Member

Hello,
    yesterday i tried to test the dlna dmr with zidoo but it did not work. I only succeeded with bubble upnp.
    However I switched dnla dmr on.
    Did anyone try this function with firmware 2.1.25?

Thanks for you help

13. lucabis

lucabis Member

Hi everyone, but is it possible that the problem of forced subtitles is still not solved? Even if they are enabled in zdmc they don't work, or you see them all or none. I have all mkv files and forced subtitles are enabled by default. In the PC they work very well.

14. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I found that Forced subtitles will work with ZDMC with MKV files, but unfortunately only by using its built in video player, not the far superior Zidoo player. In addition, you need to make certain that the proper subtitle track is indeed properly flagged as forced in the MKV file. If so, it will display automatically without having to turn them ON in the ZDMC settings..

15. lucabis

lucabis Member

What do you mean by built-in video player?

16. lucabis

lucabis Member

My mkv files all have the forced subtitle track

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

He is talking about Kodi player within ZDMC app.
    We all should call both software players as Kodi player and Zidoo player. Within ZDMC “Build In” and “External” is very confusing.

To select either player open item menu on the list of titles in ZDMC and select “Play using...”

18. lucabis

lucabis Member

I can not understand. My English is not good. I use zdmc.

19. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

There are 2 software players available in ZDMC.
    Open item menu on the list of titles in ZDMC and select “Play using...”

When you push Enter on remote in Zidoo player you will see decoder info screen.

Enter button in Kodi player will show overlay screen with movie navigation controls.

20. lucabis

lucabis Member

Now, I perform these operations: on the home page, I click on the zdmc icon, when the program opens, I click on video, the hard disk folders open, select the mkv file and then ok.