New firmware v1.0.39 version for ZIDOO H6 Pro release

Discussion in 'H6 Pro Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Crife60

Crife60 New Member

Grazie.

2. Mobutu

Mobutu New Member

Updated from 1.0.36 and now I have no sound. Any tip?

3. Dewie

Dewie New Member

Hey everyone just wondering isn't this box supposed to play youtube in 4k?
    Also i thought this box supported dts and 5.1 audio?
    I've been searching for an answer but haven't found anything yet.

4. stevetat

stevetat New Member

Dewie likes this.
  5. stevetat

stevetat New Member

This firmware has not permantely fixed the problem with Google Service stopping for me? The problem disappears after I disconnect the power lead from the box but it reappears again after a few days? Is there anybody using this new firware that is not having the same problem and is there anything more that I can do to stop it?

6. vitocorl

vitocorl Member

7. stevetat

stevetat New Member

I have now tried many times to fix this problem and all attempts have failed miserably and the same old problem with Google Play Services stopping keeps returning :(

I did also try your suggestion about replacing the apks into the firmware update zip file but the package just kept on failing as being corrupt!

I have now spent so much time on this problem that I am begining to loose the will to live :(

Any more help you might be able to offer would be very much appreciated :)

8. Jubair

Jubair Member

I think google play services problem in Ziddo H6 is beyond solvable. Every time google will release a new version of google play services, play services problem will occur and you have to manually update it again.

9. Mike Kay

Mike Kay Member

To be fair google play services keeps crashing on my nexus 10 table.... and that is an official google device!. (dont get me wrong i have a list of complaints with the zidoo and regret ever buying it, but still................................)

10. stevetat

stevetat New Member

Look like we all got sold a 'dream' which has turned out to be a 'nightmare'...........slight exaggeration but it has been a very disappointing experience!

sunnyk and Dewie like this.
  11. Mike Kay

Mike Kay Member

I read rumours that shield may be getting a 2019 refresh. if it does i may pick up one on black Friday 2019 (either new one if it comes or an old one in a fire sale clear out)

funnily enough it was not the cost which won me over... it was the number of usb ports in it, which allows me to run a usb wireless keyboard, a usb media HDD and then still have a spare usb left as well... however i think i will just have to surrender the extra usb for a device which works properly and is not a stuttery / lipsyncy mess and one where my keyboard actually works properly..

12. Illegalactivity

Illegalactivity New Member

13. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

14. szefo

szefo Active Member

15. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

Is this going to erase all my files and saves and is there an image of the latest firmware directly?

EDIT:
    i see that the windows image tool has 3 modes: Product, startup and burn key what is that for?

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  16. szefo

szefo Active Member

Yes it will remove everything.
    There is no newer picture.
    After installing img, you will install versions ota 1.0.39
    Is to be set to product.

17. Renixo

Renixo New Member

18. chapshan

chapshan New Member

Totally disappointed from this update firmware.

At first, when google-service crash stopped appearing, I thought to myself that this is finally a good firmware. But then started all the problems!
    I simply can't connect to WiFi. No matter what I do. Tried it with different WiFis. Some cannot be connected at all, and the others can keep a connection for a very short period. Due to this problem, I couldn't connect to play-store.
    I then decided to do a factory-reset, so that everything will be cleaned and to start from scratch. Thought that maybe the update didn't work well with dirty install. So I did a factory reset. And now I still don't have access to WiFi (and when I do get access for a short period of time, it fails connecting to my account, due to some google-service error. Not the one with the pop-up which was prior the update, but something else. Maybe the root cause is the same, but I really don't care), plus I cannot install all my apps without using some kind of hacking to download them elsewhere and then move them to the device and then install via APK.
    My device became TOTALLY unusable!

When I bought this device, I thought to myself that ZIDOO is a reliable company. I paid a lot for this device and it was a peace of cr*p right from the start! Will never trust ZIDOO ever again!

19. Dr.Vikram

Dr.Vikram New Member

Zidoo - Its high time we get a good firmware. Please update whats happening in this regard

stevetat likes this.
  20. PROXIMO

PROXIMO New Member

Just using it for 1 day (the Mecool KM9 Pro) and I am with kinda mixed feelings, it is worthy, but not perfect after all.
    First build quality is not like on H6, all plastic and logo is painted white on the black top, not a big deal. Great ventilation holes on the bottom and does not seem to get overheated. Works really fast and feels a little bit faster than the H6 though. Build in chromecast works like a charm (this is my fav feature - 1 chromecast costs 35$). 4GB of ram come definitely in handy. What i dont like is that HDMI CEC does not seem to work. I could not make voice search to work either. When powered off and left for long time i cant turn it on. (Had the same problem with Zidoo that is why i have never powered it off or put it to sleep, i will try same here). I dont have problems with play store like on Zidoo, but market is with limited content. If you need something you have to use 3rd party market or copy it from phone. One admiration to Zidoo about launcher, it has one of the best launchers i have ever tested. One in KM9 PRO has only few apps on top + youtube suggestions that is all. No network information, no weather app or widget. In KM9 you also dont have navigation or notification bar. You have preinstalled app called side launcher that loads all apps not installed from official market. May be i need better launcher if it is possible to change.
    One thing that i miss from Zidoo is Media Center that is the best so far player for local and Lan videos + it works like file manager too. My wish is zidoo go public with it and make it available for all devices even like paid app if necessary.
    That is all for now. Will write back in few days, need some more time for testing, that was initial the experience.

edit:
    i fixed voice search, the problem was that the remote is BT and connection was lost and had to pair it again. When this happens remote operates as normal remote and voice is not working.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    GoDi and stevetat like this.