New firmware v2.2.61 version for ZIDOO Z10 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by mirror, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Tzanamas

Tzanamas New Member

True it’s more preferable but I have a Dolby atmos receiver and that’s why I bought zidoo nevertheless SAMSUNG does not support sound quality like this. I use internal HDD, usb stick and Nas.

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Do an emergency flash with "ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v1.7.8_201809292102_usb-install.img" and next upgrade again. This is not normal as I am playing UHD/HDR/Atmos all the time without problems.

Factory reset is reported to do a bad/partial cleanup action only.

Nicolae Tuns likes this.
  3. Valera

Valera Member

Yes, that is why such products are in the market. Have you tried another HDMI connector on your tv. Consult your tv manual - looks like Z10 output 444 oversampled video signal, probably not every hdmi port can handle full chroma. Try to set to original 420 subsampling if it is possible. Use shorter hdmi cable - 444 signal on the long cables may fail.

4. Valera

Valera Member

Do not forget to contact Zidoo support - it's their work after all.

Tzanamas likes this.
  5. Tzanamas

Tzanamas New Member

I ve tried connect zidoo with Yamaha receiver with lot of type of cables.Nearly I paid so much money for cables as I paid for zidoo.Then I isolated receiver, and I tried connect zidoo directly to my tv SAMSUNG Q6 4K.Now I have it directly with a belkin HDMI cable 2,1 version 48 gbps transfer rate.I resented to factory settings but it keeps cutting movies with green screens.Next step is to try another zidoo maybe mines has a problem.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Green Screens are crashes of the Android OS. Never saw one myself with my Z9S/X9S. These hardly can be caused by a bad cable/connector. It is either a bad OS image or has a HW cause. If an emergency flash (OS) does not solve it then the box needs to be replaced (HW).

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. Valera

Valera Member

Yes, the device can be defective itself. I'm not sure, but I experienced green screens on my old popcorn a210 just before it stop working. Hopefully, you will receice good replacement.

8. Tzanamas

Tzanamas New Member

Ok update, I ve tried 2 times hard reset and still nothing.Still getting green screens in some 4K movies.I tried another zidoo z9 and I have the same results either I have problem in movies or hdd internal is doing some lags.I consider this because some of them playing but not all of them.Hdd internal is a wd 3 tb black new one.My cable is 1,5 m and it is connected directly to my tv SAMSUNG Q6 4K.

Hus likes this.
  9. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Couple of nights ago I noticed my Z10 would not engage HDR on any of my files, all movies looked washed out, colour was poor and quite dim and the "HDR" logo would not display on my TV screen when playing any movie.
    I rebooted the player and its seems to be working fine now and I can see the "HDR" logo pop up on the top right hand corner of LG OLED.

Not sure what caused this - looks like weird bug.

Hus likes this.
  10. Placebo

Placebo New Member

When the front display panel is set to "display the clock", pausing what you're watching pauses the clock which I have to believe is a bug as it's a ridiculous behaviour!

11. marco celestino

marco celestino New Member

Hello guys
    I am encountering some stuttering with my new z10 , is that normal? i have left change auto /res on auto , can you please suggest settings also for deep colour for HDR 4k movies ?