New firmware v2.1.25 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, May 5, 2019.

1. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

its not a movie what i'm talking about :(
    i said i cannot see any different in homescreen or poster motion just like you said :p

btw i never enable interpolate coz i really dont like the soap opera effect
    but if the contents shoot with 60fps i dont think they are still soap opera effect show up
    for what i know the soap opera effect naming because when we use interpolate its gonna look like a soap opera shows even the shows shoot with 24fps :D

2. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I use frame interpolation on OLED TV to cut down judder and strobing effect of 24fps film (soap opera effect). Not so much on LCD projector. Maybe that’s why I’m sensitive to lower frame rates and I can see it in motion from home screen and poster wall.

Anyway, we have options on Zidoo player to tweak it to everyone’s liking ;)

3. godalmighty

yeah, at least they give 1080p @23hz and it was great
    coz now i dont have to close my eyes every times i start a movie :D

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    3DBuff likes this.
  4. At least if the Pause setting would work for real.

The lag you are experiencing in movie theater and home screen is due to the box being too slow for what it is pretending to do. No high end box has lag like that.

5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Has nothing to do with slow box.
    Even a raspberry 1 has smooth moviestart from 60 to 23.
    Its just a flaw in programming, Zidoo is starting movies in 60 first then goes into pauze setting to go into 23 gps, so completely useless.
    To run the box in 23 does indeed help for 23.976 movies, but i'm the same as 3Dbuff and want smooth poster and fanart viewing in kodi.

Btw , when to expect kodi 18.2?? Zbmc is more than 2 years old!

6. nnay07

nnay07 Member

Zdmc has been replaced by HomeTheater 2....

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I like Home Theatre 2... but it has probably 10% of Kodi (ZDMC) functionality. Kodi has been around for a long time and constantly evolving. HT is nice and simple for smaller libraries.

8. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Since when?
    Its the same with replacing a Mercedes amg for a Lada.

9. JohnS

JohnS Member

It's like comparing an SUV to a touring car, both are great but serve different use(r)s. HT 2.o is a simple media wall poster, it gets the job done simply. Kodi (Zdmc) is for andvanced users with so much features and if you're new to i,t you can easily be lost. I came from an sigma based media player, back then there was not kodi available and each company (PopcornHour for my example) had to develop a poster wall, simple yet powerfull to use. Making a media box with a Kodi fork is the easy way, but making a software (like HT 2.0) from scratch... that's a different thing and that's what makes some companies distinguish themselves from others. In my opinion, as i have written it before, Zidoo is on the right track making something different from all the Chinese manufactures.

godalmighty likes this.
  10. godalmighty

ahhh...thats why i dont see any different :(
    what @3DBuff mean was for kodi wall poster not HT :D
    but isnt that kodi only use 1080p for their gui

i prefer HT coz i only use my X9S only for movie player :p
    the reason i bought X9S, one of them was HT
    and i really appreciate what they did to developed HT ever since

JohnS likes this.
  11. szefo

szefo Active Member

New poster version 2.2.9

1. Optimize the source to choose "Douban" can not get data problems
    2. Optimize the matching degree
    3. Optimize stability

Attached Files:

dr4go and godalmighty like this.
  12. godalmighty

why Douban?

13. szefo

szefo Active Member

14. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

What’s is the deal with the Russian site? Are they releasing test versions and if so why are Zidoo still supplying them? Surely this causes more problems than it solves?

15. godalmighty

i tried it and nothing change :(
    add some new final season GoT and the result, got nothing for background poster/fanart and no cast or director at all :(:(

16. Orthon

Orthon Member

So is it an official update? Or a customized one? Anyway I always use TMDB instead of Douban, just want to clarify.

17. szefo

szefo Active Member

This is a cinema version of the software 2.1.26 x9s,from the channel, a telegram @ZidooNews

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  18. DolbyVision

DolbyVision New Member

With the recent update all my video and audio files with stereo AAC 1 codec just became silent with a default Zidoo video player and Music app. The receiver just shows zero pcm for input audio. While films with DTS/Dolby audio play as they should.
    Is this just my device?

19. xxxxx

xxxxx Member

The auto switch function of frequency and resolution don't works as well as before. Only the frequency changes and not the resolution. just happens to me?
    I tried various settings, but the real resolution of the movie is not reproduced even when both options are set to "ON". Could it be the new resolution blocking option that interferes in some way? I wish we could go back to the previous firmware every time.

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I just tested it out of curiosity on my system with v2.1.25.

I don't see any major issues here. All 4K and 1080p are displayed correctly with matching refresh rates.
    As I go down to some odd low resolutions 720 and below with odd refresh rates like 24 or 25 fps (not 23.976) things get a bit wacky but I wouldn't panic. Just make sure if you are using ZDMC to select payback of the odd movie using item menu and "Play using..." and select "Zidoo player" or you will end up with Kodi player that is skipping frames. I would avoid it at any cause.

Once you have Zidoo player going on there are only 2 places where you can change and adjust video playback.
    Look at this posting:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...rate-working-properly.48640/page-2#post-90007

To make sure you have Zidoo player push "OK" button on remote during move.
    If movie stops and you see decoder info in the middle you have Zidoo player.
    If the movie keeps on playing and you see screen overlay with remote button controls you are in Kodi player.

Low and odd resolutions get upconverted to 2160 on occasion. A lot of 25fps videos are send to TV at 60Hz as well. Not a deal breaker and don't know if that got better or worse in the latest firmware.