New firmware v2.2.61 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

Nobody here can say what the problems with the Atmos tracks were that made optimization necessary? Or the change log is simply accepted. So I'm interested in the "news", and I can only give feedback if something has improved or not if I do not know what the problem is.

sojer2005 likes this.
  2. afss

afss Active Member

OK, so I found a new bug on this Beta - 3D ISO files just freeze on the first frame. Please, appreciate if others could also test it to confirm.

3. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

In the Audio section of the Info screen, it cannot distinguish between DTS / DTS HD Master , and same symptom with Dolby TrueHD / Atmos,
    however if I press the 'More' button in the info screen, the Audio section can show the correct HD audio format information.

Is it possible to fix it in the next firmware?

Zidoo Z9S-Info1.jpg

Zidoo Z9S-Info2.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  4. gymnos

gymnos Member

Same problem with X20.

5. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

do you mean that?
    20190502_211751.jpg

6. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I wonder if they are responding on this forum at all? People are reporting different problems, serious or minor, but zidoo is quite silent. I have reached (regarding 25fps issue) out through PM to person with a tech support badge, but he even didnt bother to answer.

7. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Yes. It would be much better if it can show "Dolby Atmos" instead of TrueHD in the Audio Section.
    As a matter of fact, I think it shouldn't be too difficult to enhance the firmware as it's just related to the way in displaying known information.
    _ 2019-05-03 13.4637.jpg

gymnos likes this.
  8. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

20190503_085242.jpg yes, that could be done. I would also like it if the audio format were used in HT

9. akan7

akan7 Member

If you add a description in the filename, it will then add that badge to your movie.

<movie name> (TrueHD Atmos) = Dolby Atmos badge
    etc...
    Black Hawk Down (UHD-HEVC)(TrueHD Atmos).mkv
    • (4K) = 4K badge
    • (3D-AVC) = 3D+H.264 badge
    • (UHD-HEVC) = 4K+H.265 HEVC badge
    • (AVC) = H.264 badge
    • (HEVC) = H.265 HEVC badge
    • (AVC) = H.254 MPEG-4/AVC badge
    • (DTS-HD MA 5.1/7.1) = DTS-HD High Resolution Audio badge Dolby
    • (TrueHD) = TrueHD badge
    • (Dolby) = Dolby Digital badge
    • (DTS) = DTS badge
    • .iso = ISO badge
    • .mkv = MKV badge

DELUCAS and Moe123 like this.
  10. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

Cool , THX

11. Dan

Dan Member

Still having issues with USB drive disconnecting whilst playing back media only happens on 1 x USB 3.0 slot, closest to the front right side.

Anyone else having this issue, it’s happened twice in an hour. Reboot the box and it’s ok.

Move the same drive to the next usb slot and no disconnects. I like to have multiple drives Connected at one time so it’s becoming a pain. Happened on previous firmware to.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

It may be the connector! USB3 slots specifically have a double row of pins and are notorious for bad connections. Bad standard the new USB-c is much better.

gymnos likes this.
  13. Dan

Dan Member

I'm hoping its firmware related.

Playback will freeze, upon exit it will tell me the media player has crashed and all of my posters disappear, and it shows open sources. If I reboot the device, it comes back OK or if I get up and disconnect and reconnect the drive that works too.

Do you think a USB splitter would work plugged into the port with no issues?

Something like this - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-4-Port-Ultra-Drives-Devices/dp/B00Y25XFGK/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+3.0+splitter&qid=1556968817&s=computers&sr=1-3

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  14. Schumy

Schumy Member

I was on 2.1.30, never tried 2.1.56...just now I upgraded to 2.2.61 and didnt notice any drop in video quality but it has solved the "black screen" for me so I am happy.

Do you know if 2.1.56 is better than 2.1.30 in terms of video quality? Thanks

15. valdemar68ru

valdemar68ru New Member

Forced subtitles do not work when playing Blu-Ray and Blu-Ray 4K.

16. Dan

Dan Member

Has anyone else noticed that the chapters will not skip on DVD rips, works fine on Blu rays.

When you press the chapter skip it shows the current chapter onscreen for example 1/15 but does not skip.

17. x9suser

x9suser Member

As far as DVD, it was never implemented in any of the FW. Even the X9S couldn't make use of the remote's next button to skip chapters. You need to activate the DVD popup menus to select different chapters , which involves a number of key presses.
    Brought this issue up before, but none of the Zidoo people even bother to listen.

In the the meantime my 10 year old AC Ryan realtek 1073dd player can do both DVD full Menus and remote control chapter skip easily.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  18. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Nothing change with this one, always black screen 10 bit 4:4:4 23Htz Yamaha rx-v485 --> epson 9400

Marfunk likes this.
  19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a MKV file that is 25 FPS. The Zidoo just shows a green flashing screen with sound. Works fine with my Dune HD Pro 4K.

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What's the file? It'd be interesting to see what frame rates both players spit out on a 25fps file...