Request: gapless playback in Music Player 3

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by Teratron, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Teratron

Teratron New Member

It is necessary to improve, among other things, in Music Player 3:

- add gapless playback
    - add button to add to existing list or to create a new one
    - option change music player by default. "Open with" option does not work
    - option to deactivate lyrics
    - the album art and file covers are shown erroneously many times (It's better to have a square cover without animation that corresponds to the file than the nonsense cd that appears)
    - some folders with many files crash the mediaplayer

It is necessary to improve the software in general but start with the needs and requirements of the consumers who acquired the product.

regards

2. gymnos

gymnos Member

I agree with you, we must wait for the next firmware.

3. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

....this adds to my impression that the music player is best case a early beta. I have NO CLUE why they name it 3.x

4. Teratron

Teratron New Member

Still nothing happens? where are the zidoo software developers that have no news? Are these guys sleeping during work hours? . Really a shame.

zid2019 likes this.
  5. zid2019

zid2019 Member

They're busy to promote a brand new Z1000.Which will be blood more wounds also, I think. Or just they counting the income of X20pro what we payed already? :)
    Does anybody knows can I do something If Zidoo not solve the many software problem a few months after purchase? This is very annoying. They know all the bugs and problems. They just have to find the solution.
    In the case of Music Player 3.0... there is a working app..USB Audio player pro. Other develeopment guys did it. Come on Zidoo!

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

May I disagree? Specifically Music Player 3.0 became quite stable with the most recent FW. Using it daily now. Just see my review of Z9S including my findings for Music Player 3.0. Please comment on those if you disagree or just feel otherwise. Missing gapless playback is also mentioned there as I agree on the need of such a feature.

Tof78 likes this.
  7. zid2019

zid2019 Member

With X20Pro the Music Player 3.0 is a disaster. Even with 2.1.4 and 2.1.3 too. Just a few things:
    - scanning of albums not working correctly (wrong artist,titles, missing folders etc)
    - continuous playback not working well (after few tracks playing stops...with flac and fdd, dsd files too) I think we dont talk about mp3 playback in the case of am "audiophile" player
    - crackling issue from speakers
    - gapless playback issue
    So is there things to do.

gymnos likes this.
  8. Nice Monkey

Most problems seem to be X20 Pro specific as I don't have those. I agree with you work to be done.

9. gymnos

gymnos Member

Same problems with X20 and firmware 2.1.40

10. Teratron

Teratron New Member

USB Audio Player Pro is a good software if the dac is connected via USB but if it is by coaxial it only produces audio at 48Kkz although on the TV screen it shows the opposite. The HiRes Audio Driver is not compatible (even) with X20 Pro. Gapless works generally without problems. With my library that consists of more than 60k flac files sometimes USB Audio Player Pro also falls. Also the use of pointer mouse for some options is not pleasant.

On the other hand, by improving the native player of the X20 Pro, you could use apps like glider or mconnect (and others) with the X20 in the dlna receiver mode. But I insist, that it is necessary to gapless in the native player to do it better.

regards

11. Nice Monkey

USB Audio Player Pro is designed for smart-phones specifically. Never seen one with a SPDIF port, so by definition SPDIF is not supported implicitly in any way. If you connect the SPDIF port of a media player to an external DAC then it gets the signal on that port which is a (restricted) signal copy of the HDMI port. USB Audio Player Pro can access the HDMI port via the standard Android driver only hence 48 kHz only. This works as to be expected.

Next to gapless playback it would be nice if Music Player 3.0 would support DSD via HDMI (and implicitly then SPDIF).

But you should be able to use an External DAC via SPDIF with Music Player 3.0 for Hires Audio (except DSD obviously) already now.

I recommend reporting FLAC files not working as USB Audio Player Pro is update very frequently solving any issues with correct files not playing.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  12. Teratron

Teratron New Member

I agree that the USB Audio Player Pro application was designed for smartphones and is not 100% compatible with X20. It is a valid alternative for those who want to use an external usb dac. I do not intend to use it even though I bought the full version.
    The option to play files (no gapless) in native simple rate works and it is possible up to 24-192 without problem via spdif to external dac. This using Music Player 3.
    The main issue is that Music Player 3, as a player, aside from the library management that is still quite poor, is not able to play (gapless) a folder decently and without fail.
    Neither is asking the impossible in terms of software development, which otherwise also affect other products of the zidoo line.
    They are reasonable things that are required of a product of this price.

regards

13. gymnos

gymnos Member

Unfortunately any improvements related with these issues in the last firmware 2.2.61

14. zid2019

zid2019 Member

Sadly the case is the same with 2.2.61. Zidoo cannot solve the problem of sacd files, and many bugs of Music Player 3.0 This description of X20Pro from Zidoo website : "Soundtrack support SACD, DFF, DSF, APE, FLAC, WAV and etc Free lossless audio formats;" This means they not saying the truth about their device?
    X20Pro shuld be a premium product at this price level.
    And they just handle together with other cheap andoid players. I know it takes time to work out a new fw. But if they know the problems why dont test the new fw before release it?

Tibor and gymnos like this.
  15. gymnos

gymnos Member

I couldn´t agree more with you, we have to pay 500€ for Zidoo X20 and 800€ for Zidoo X20 Pro.

It doesn´t make sense.

16. Teratron

Teratron New Member

Each firmware disappoints more. A complete disaster. According to what can be seen, they solve one problem and create another. The product does everything half-way or it does not. I definitely will not buy another zidoo trash to lose money.

Greetings to all the disappointed customers

zid2019 and zazas like this.
  17. zid2019

zid2019 Member

You couldn't agree? Maybe 800Eur a no big deal for you, and you like to drop money for a trash? Because without a usable fw my X20pro just not worth anything.

18. Goar

Goar New Member

I agree with all 6 points!
    It is so sad, a hundred times you report something, but it is not considered.

19. Tibor

Tibor New Member

I agree with you.
    I would add that, multi-channel SACDs cannot be played, and multi-channel DSD is not supported at all.

20. zid2019

zid2019 Member

Hi!If one of you using USB Audio player Pro with X20Pro... did you tested this? The sound level is much louder with Music Player 3.0 like USB Audio Player Pro?
    I recognize around more than -12dB difference between them. Do you know there should be a volume control inside USB Audio Player Pro?
    Unfortunatelly the Music Player 3.0 still unusable so I must to use UAP app.