**FOUND a "TEST" mode...

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by Tony77, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Tony77

Tony77 Member

I came across an Easter Egg I think, & a search of entire site I didnt find this mentioned..

While trying to fix the broken "weather" feature on main screen I accidentally found some sort of TEST screen. at least thats what the LABEL calls it.

**1) HIGHLIGHT the APPS category on main screen...
    2) then TAP/PRESS the MENU button 3 times.
    3) just wait about 1-2 seconds & a black screen with various system values appears! unfortunately half of it is in Chinese but you can still see all the values in numbers & some English..

Just surprised to find this & thought I should share.. Can this be of any use & more importantly, I wonder what OTHER easter eggs exist????

videobruce, Pelayo and PacoRabanne like this.
  2. Tony77

Tony77 Member

in addition, you can change some of the values on this screen, with buttons or using the MOUSE pointer to select underlined categories..
    *using newest firmware

3. zero33

zero33 Member

Nice. Just seen it.
    Info and test hardware

4. Akamolik

Akamolik New Member

did you ever fix your weather app? mine stopped working too, asks me to pick a city but doesn't respond to any city regardless what I do. I thought the new firmware update might fix it but it didn't help any, also the help wont load either, just says "failed to load"

5. videobruce

videobruce Member

Akamolik;
    It didn't work for me either initially. I did install some 'helper' application that kinda worked. BUT, it really lame at best. Thre very limited info on the home screen is mostly useless anyway, I uninstalled that application.
    Just another 'gimmick' that clutters the home screen that the Chinese seem to think it's a plus. :rolleyes:

Tony77;
    Nice find, let us know what else you find about it. How about a screen shot of the page opened??

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. videobruce

videobruce Member

Don't go arbitrary changing values when you don't know what they are! :oops:

7. Tony77

Tony77 Member

YES... The firmware update after my initial post and all the successive ones have fixed the WEATHER app problem..

As far as the "mystery screen", I haven't used it since posting.. If someone can't get it to work I can try to screenshot if wanted..

BTW- I will make a separate thread, but has anyone noticed that INTERNAL .srt subs (muxed in a mkv) do NOT offer the same features as an EXTERNAL .srt.. I don't know when this changed, because a few firmwares back an SRT subtitle had the same features whether it was INTERNAL or EXTERNAL... This has changed & is annoying as subtitles without an "outline" or "background" are very difficult to see against many scenes.
    pls advise.. thnx.