New firmware v2.2.61 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Apr 27, 2019.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Since v2.2.56 changes:
    System

1.Optimizing ATMOS Audio track Output
    2. Fixed Mute Function invalid when HDMI IN working
    3. Fixed the problem that some files can not obtain forced subtitle
    4. Fixed the freezes problem of some audio tracks for some MKW films
    5. Optimized system stability.

Home Theater

1.Added function that loading external devices automatically and automatic scanning switch .
    2. Fixed the problem that the post wall will match failed when stopped scanning manually.
    3.Added Focus looping function of left navigation list in setting interface
    4.Added Blu-ray navigation select box for match-failed movies
    5 Changed some UI of device interface
    6. Fixed the invalid automatic update of background
    7. Added function that importing previous setting after date cleared

Quick setting

1. Added function of locking resolution
    2. Added 1080P23 and 4K23 resolution options

Player

1.Added function that when showing video information the movie will continue playing.

Music Player

1. Optimized music player stability
    2. Optimized date analysis.

Model:ZIDOO_Z9S
    Version:v2.2.61
    download:http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9S/v2.2.61/ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.2.61_201904241902_ota-package.zip

MD5: D25813DA5C992B673CF8965DA3316297

Upgrade method:OTA

If you have installed google play kit, please reinstall it after upgrade.

How to upgrade

2. x9suser

x9suser Member

So who will be the first to try. Me, am now busy using the box for sports streaming so will only try next day.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Installed it without problems from USB. New Quick settings are confirmed and very welcome. Changed my default to the new P23 to avoid frame-rate switching for almost all my viewings.
    Will add other findings here when found. Stability above all is what I will be looking for.

Problems (not) solved with this FW:
    - Eject still does not work again. It may do so after a very long time only. The requested action is getting stuck in a queue/buffer someway.
    - The VL (11 character limitation) in Media Center is not solved. VL longer than 11 positions replaced by just HDD(A).
    + Pressing Info will indeed keep playing the movie.
    - The Music Player 3.0 main screen is nice with a turning disc + essential meta data at the left + Lyrics (when found on the right), but it mostly shows a wrong disc label turning.

New problems not seen before:
    - Using Music Player the actual sound may disappear when a new song is started. I think it happens only playing SACD converted type of files (DSF/ISO). Going back to a PCM type of file sound comes back and will work again also for SACD converted files.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  4. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

what does that mean the Atmos Track has been optimized? what problems were there with it?

5. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

What about display problem in standby mode? Fixed or again "bye"?

6. Nice Monkey

My player just says bye and next goes into sleep mode (display off).

7. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

I mean not deep sleep mode.

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Installed and another underwhelming release - unless I'm missing something. Unplayable bluray rips remain the same - still can' get Aliens to open to its menu.

PLEASE for the love of God update the video wall so it can be split between Movies and TV. Its a real pain as it is.

9. Nice Monkey

There is only the sleep mode and full power-off to stand-by. The sleep mode just works(wake-up brings one back where left).

@blenky;
    Did not see those in the change list, but Alien can be played without a menu just fine.

10. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

There is an option in the developper options - "Deep sleep mode". If it off - display still work in Standby. That's what I meant.

11. Moe123

Moe123 New Member

@mirror

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Aliens - not Alien!

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

This confuses me.

In the past I have set my power button to do full power off as I found that using standby would not return me to HT2, but to the main screen even though its set to open HT2 by default.

If I set the developer option Deep Sleep Mode to off , standby will return me to the screen I was last in BUT it will ALWAYS show the word 'bye' in the display - even if I play a video.

14. Summer Wind

Summer Wind New Member

Yes! That's what i'm talking about.

15. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Hi,
    I have installed it and 25.000 fps content is unplayable... screen is flashing green ...

16. x9suser

x9suser Member

In that case I better not install.

17. Nice Monkey

Using Music Player 3.0 the actual sound may disappear when a new song is started. I think it happens only playing SACD converted type of files (DSF/ISO). Going back to a PCM type of file sound comes back and will work again also for SACD converted files. Did not see this one before.

I use the Music/File buttons on my remote to switch between file browser and music player as there is no Folder option from within the players left menu. :(

18. kam186

kam186 Member

Download subtitle - only English available. can add on other language like Chinese for user convenience. Can link to subhd.com and so on ??

19. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Ok, I have restored to version 1.7.8 - factory restore and ... screen is flashing green playing 25.000 fps content. So Z9S is not able to play at 25.000 ? I have several shows in 25.000 Hz. During rewinding the picture is sometimes kicking in and playing fine and output is fine at 1080/25.000Hz - I have set switching resolution and frame rate to ON.
    I have 4K LG OLED, zidoo box is connected by AVR, but I have also tried directly to TV and it's the same - green flashing on 25.000 fps.

20. x9suser

x9suser Member

I am still at 2.2.56. But never had any green screen with 25fps in any of the FW from 1.7.8 to 2.2.56.

gymnos likes this.