Zidoo X20 PRO...my humble opinion (FW2.2.85)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20 PRO' started by OlivierQC, May 26, 2018.

1. toshu

toshu Member

I agree with you 100%.
    You dont pay hundreds of dollars to be a guinea pig....
    They should send out a working product...especially for that money

2. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

3. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Hi Guys!
    @the audiophylics in this forum: Are you using the SACD Iso Playback function of your x20/x20Pro? If you have found a way for importing your SACD Iso Database into the Zidoo Music Player, then please join the "SACD ISO Database for Music Player 3.0" Discussion in the "General - Guides and FAQ´s§ Section of this forum. Any input is welcome!

Unfortunately the Zidoo support is not very helpfull in this topic.....

gymnos and 2d80 like this.
  4. Schumy

Schumy Member

Hi OliverQC

Sorry for my stupid Q ,this OS front looks nice and classy,is it available for z9s ? My z9s' OS front looks very amateurish in comparison .

Many thanks

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The looks of high-end is different (nicer) on purpose. So not available for Z9S and Z10.

Here you can find all the nitty gritty details of the X20 Pro Audio Panel:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/some-noise-between-each-track.45709
    It was a side effect of the topic that we revealed in detail how it works and what it does and does not do. The Pro HW is nice but FW support without DSD output is limited for those expecting to play SACD's.

More practical experiences here:
    https://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=3868.0
    This is about using an External DAC (also SABRE ESS ES9038PRO ) and including comparison with the X20 PRO audio panel

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  6. Vucok

Vucok New Member

Szia! Segíts kérlek! Miért nem játszhatsz filmeket HDR felbontással? Thanks

7. Vucok

Vucok New Member

Hi! Help me please! Why not play movies with HDR resolution an? Thanks

8. Tibor

Tibor New Member

Szia!
    Ellenőrizd a Setting-Display-HDR beállításnál Auto-ra van-e állítva? A HDMI Mode-nál célszerű AUTO módban hagyni. Ha a TV HDR képes akkor így működnie kell.
    Üdv.
    Tibi

9. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello all,

After a few months of absence I had the opportunity to install the latest FW on the X20 pro, the animations on the main page are nice, it's the kind of details that I appreciate, I also tried HT 2 version 2.2.8, there is progress in the scan of movies, it works better even if there are still some problems as with the collections movies for example, information that I told Zidoo several months ago.

The picture quality is excellent and the banding is less noticeable compared to the very first FW of June 2018, Bravo.

Overall, there is progress, we see that the Zidoo team is working hard to improve the user experience, and to give satisfaction to his customers

For information I also have a apple TV 4K with infuse pro 6.

I will come back to give my feelings after a few days of use

[​IMG]

PS : I updated my first pages

See you

gymnos and DELUCAS like this.
  10. OlivierQC

Hello everyone,

[​IMG]

Zidoo is like a fine wine, it improves over time!

I'm going to repeat myself but....

Zidoo provides excellent value for money, this does not come from me but from the owners of zappiti or Dune multimedia boxes that offers similar performance for twice the price or more... and who return to Zidoo.

Currently I use the X20 pro with the new FW 2.2.85, ( and for your information I also use an Apple TV 4K with infuse pro 6 and i can compare both devices).

I just changed my TV, I have a Sony AG9 OLED 77 '' and the PQ is fantastic with the X20 Pro (in fact with all zidoo RDT1296).

---------------------------

- I do not see any color banding on my movie (The martian movie for example)

- About the scrape with HT 2.0, it is very very fast and finds 99% of my videos

- Additional options to best manage the HDR format

- BD menu support is working properly and it seems to me that the loading is faster than before.

---------------------------

In my humble opinion, what is missing at Zidoo / HT 2.0 (it is not a dealbreaker) :

- Posters with better resolution / quality, those of infuse are superb.

- Navigation between each posters more softer / faster.

For everything else, HT 2.0 offers additional features, supports more audio format, more function...is better.

See you

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    myzidoo and DELUCAS like this.
  11. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

The only thing keeping me from using HT2.0 is plex server support. I have one Zidoo and the rest of my boxes are Apple TV units with infuse. Plex server integration would allow me to keep a common library database amongst all my boxes. Currently I have to use zdmc with the plex connect addon.

12. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

The absence of banding is due to the display which is an excellent upscaler and of the best displays right now and where is the zidoo x20 pro is just providing the goodies. Grtz !

13. OlivierQC

Hello everyone,,

I just checked the problem of color banding on my old TV to be sure, it is now in the basement my son uses it with his Xbox one.

For your information :
    It was with this TV that I saw a problem of color banding after an update more than 1 year ago and we were many to see this problem... I warned the Zidoo team of this problem at the time and also on all my thread on different forum.

Today, I'm just saying that this problem is gone, I do not see banding any more with the same TV and the same video file...

so I guess the zidoo team did a good job, because I do not think it's a miracle.

[​IMG]

-----------------​

As zarathoestra says, some TV brands are better than others for displaying color gradients,
    which explains why some people will always have a problem of color banding, but the problem will not come from the zidoo.

see you​

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  14. OlivierQC

Hello everyone.

Here is my new settings with the FW 2.2.85.

With these parameters I get a very good image quality, identical to the apple TV 4K with infuse pro 6 and the zidoo supports the DTS X and Dolby Atmos unlike the ATV 4K...thank you Zidoo.

See you

15. OlivierQC

Zidoo Music 5.0

[​IMG]

I'm not a music expert, and I test Zidoo Music V5.0 for use with my Focal Dome speakers and the Zidoo X20 pro.

-----------------------------

Adding album is very simple and fast.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Audio File Format support

I have the following audio format at home and they work properly

MP3, WAV, FLAC, DSF, ISO SACD, DFF, M4A

---------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  16. OlivierQC

There is an option to have information about the band or the singer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There is a kind of Karaoke (lyric) available in the options

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We can let it play in background while doing something else on the X20 Pro

[​IMG]

The different options available by songs

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  17. OlivierQC

I do not know if it's normal but I do not have an image of artists or albums, there is only one icon with a star

[​IMG]

some albums do not have a poster

[​IMG]

18. OlivierQC

19. OlivierQC

MediaCenter/FileManager

[​IMG]

I always liked their mediacenter, it is simple, fast and intuitive, it's a pleasure to use it

Here is a copy and paste from X20 pro to a usb key

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's it, that's all :)

20. OlivierQC