New firmware v2.2.56 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Ovidiu Necula

Ovidiu Necula Member

I think DRM stands for digital rights management which it would allow usage of netflix but only hd quality.

2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

- rooted but not SuperSU.apk included
    - add DRM L3 for compatibility with Netflix 6.x.x(only SD quality) get apk to install from apkmirror.
    OP on futeko.com
    ota-package v2.2.57 available from Zidoo servers.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  3. Dan

Dan Member

Tried different hdmi cable from zidoo to av receiver, tried plugging zidoo direct to tv with another different cable but still get the white sparkles on the same scenes. Either the device is faulty or it’s a firmware issue.

As mentioned before same file with same kit chain and same cables play fine on X9s.

Thoughts?

4. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Do you have a changelog for 2.2.57?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's exactly the same as v2.2.56 - it just had a different translator:

v2.2.57 changelog от x20/x20 pro

system
    1. Optimize HTTPS downloads of transmission in Openwrt
    2. Fixed occasional silent problems under the extreme NFS and SMB network environment
    3. Fixed some abnormal video playback problems
    4. Add MKV video chapter selection
    5. Add [certified driver (
    https://drivers.contro…m/solr/drivers/browse? Q = zidoo&fq = certified % 3 a % 22 true % 22)
    6. Fixed the flash screen problem of individual TVS in the case of 4K24Hz10bitYUV444
    7. Optimize system stability

The Launcher
    1. Modify the application interface to show occasional problems without focus

music
    1. Optimize matching accuracy
    2. Optimize stability
    3. Optimized SACD matching and added info file matching
    4. Add album matching function
    6. Optimized album information analysis

Wall poster
    1. Solve the problem that uncollectible may cause program exception
    2. Optimize the search, conduct continuous matching according to the first letter, and display the movie with high matching degree first
    3. Modify the key arrangement of the virtual keyboard on the search interface
    4. Solve the problem that NFO matching movies do not update data when re-matching TMDB movies
    5. Solve the invalidation of INFO key and POP key, the third layout of the main interface
    6. Solve the second layout of the main interface, if the file word length, the title of the rightmost will appear black line problem
    7. Optimize the accuracy of poster matching
    8. Optimize the display of the left column of the main interface

shortcut
    1. Add play mode setting

Native player
    1. Add MKV video chapter selection

Blu-ray navigation
    1. Optimize navigation accuracy

HDMI IN
    1. Add the function of turning off HDMI output to continue recording

RS232
    1. Fix the problem of sending commands too fast and flashing back

6. kam186

kam186 Member

Now my z9s player play above DTS file has noisy sound after downgrade fw from 2.2.57 to 1.97. upgrade back to 2.14, 2.256 & 2.257 also same. Any idea what went wrong ?

It has been OK previously using fw 2.257 and music player 3.18.

7. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Thanks.

8. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

I've confirmed that HT2 2.1.9 solved the auto update function.

9. Dan

Dan Member

I'm still having issues with sparklies on both 1080 and 4k content, I've tried multiple HDMI cables,going direct to TV but no different.

I've uploaded a couple of examples below, I'd appreciate if you could test on your Z9s and share your results so I can see if its firmware or hardware.

https://mega.nz/#!qqggXYhS!ysbIq5kaVLFbqJgBfWE5CNzcSTyKIXqbi2djIPof_-I

(as he steps off the train, right side of the picture)

https://mega.nz/#!fjxCASgb!BN7rq8NcM-SWkN3njVr6_xxabH1LgVt7sQWskXJ_kdo

(throughout dark scenes)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  10. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is something I've commented on a number of times with various Realtek RTD 129* boxes.

Sparklies are usually a symptom of bad HDMI cables, but not in this case it would seem - There seems to be an incompatibility with certain HDMI sinks and these boxes but only at 10-bit 444.

I've seen it on the Zapitti 4K and the Dune Pro at 10-bit 444 but it's always been curable by switching to 12-bit 444.

However, again as I've noted previously at length, the Zidoo Z9S has 12-bit 444 disabled by design, so even if you've set 12-bit 444, it will still remain at 10-bit 444.

I've tried to convince Zidoo Support to restore 12-bit 444 since I think this will cure more problems than it causes - black screens, 10-bit instability etc. My thinking is that if a display is capable of 10-bit 444, then it is also capable of 12-bit 444 and neither mode is particularly arduous on the HDMI chain.

So the first thing to try is to switch to 12-bit 422 which is comparatively a very low bandwidth mode (or even 8-bit) and see if the sparklies persist. If they do then your problem is not the one above and it may well be that you have a duff box, otherwise if the sparklies only manifest at 10-bit then leave on 12-bit 422 unless Zidoo decide to reinstate 12-bit 444.

(note that 12-bit 422 is handled internally at 8-bit by these boxes, so chroma banding may be an issue on some footage)

gymnos likes this.
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Downloaded these . What are sparklies so I know what I'm supposed to be seeing!

12. wk11739

wk11739 New Member

So after installing this latest firmware my front display is now stuck on "Hello" and no longer shows the time. Any ideas on how to fix?

13. Dan

Dan Member

White sparkly spots, you’d know if your saw them

14. Hoanganh

Hoanganh New Member

After installing v2.2.57-rooted on Z9S, most of my apps are crashed. Google Play could not open again. I reset the box but can not re install any apps previously installed. The system says they are installed but not show in the app list.
    This version of rooted firmware is really risky. Can anyone help me save my box?
    Thanks a lot

15. gymnos

gymnos Member

Flash the unit and then install 2.2.56 beta version.

16. Hoanganh

Hoanganh New Member

How do i flash it? Thanks

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Ah OK - no spots here!

Dan likes this.
  18. Dan

Dan Member

Thanks for taking time to check.

Are all your video settings on auto?

19. Dan

Dan Member

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Setting 12 bit 422 made no difference but setting 8 bit 444 WORKS :) no more sparklies!!

Is leaving at 8 bit going to affect pq, or cause any other issues?

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

No see below

HDMI Mode: 1080p 60Hz
    Color Settings:
    Deep Color Mode: priority 10bit
    Color Space Mode: priority YCbCr 444
    HDMI Range Mode: 16-235
    HDR to SDR: Gamma - Movie mode
    HDR: Auto

Dan likes this.