New firmware v2.2.56 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Mar 30, 2019.

1. akan7

akan7 Member

Thanks Guys.

1. Most stable FW with Z9S
    2. Picture Quality seem better
    3. Home Theater Most Stable
    4. (DTS-X) Badge
    5. (TrueHD Atmos) Dolby Atmos badge

Problems so far
    Forced Sub NOT working.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  2. Does anybody suffer micro stutters? My config is:

4k@24 hz HDR 10 Bit

And a I have a Samsung KS9000

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Wrong setting: Just learned from gymnos here that with Zidoo P24 means 24.000 Hz and P23 is P24/1001. Change to auto frame-rate and it will work. Very confusing for me too. :confused:
    I think Zidoo needs to change this ASAP as 24.000 is hardly used and 24/1001 is common for all BD standards. :rolleyes:

Was added to my review both as a warning and a flaw for Zidoo.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  4. kam186

kam186 Member

After upgrade to FW 2.2.56 and Music player 3.0 for Z9S. Play this DTS file with noisy sound. Other DTS file ok. Old FW 1.9.7 and music player 2.0 can play all DTS file without noisy sound problem. Any idea why ?
    How to download back old music player 2.0 apk file. Need to find out FW or music player version causing noisy problem. So far can not find in website. Anyone can help ?

Attached Files:

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Downloaded your file but it plays just fine on my setup using Music Player 3.0 for playback and RAW out to my AMP. Not a bad piece by the way (translated? let me love one at a time). Got an artist for me?

Yes there is something special about this file as in fact it is DTS-ES Discrete with 6.1 channel output not 5.1 as usual. I have seen players having trouble with DTS-ES too. Have a few DTS-CD's with DTS ES Discrete tracks refusing to play.

gymnos likes this.
  6. kam186

kam186 Member

孙露 Sun Lu - DSD Collection 17CDs [FLAC]

7. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Last night, I watched another 1080p movie & experienced 2 times that while watching (time slot @around 00:11:30-00:13:00) ; it jumped back to previous menu screen. However after I rebooted the machine & played it a 3rd time, the symptom disappear!

The movie is A Dog's Way Home (2019 1080p/24Hz MA5.1 hevc mkv).

8. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

The issues I've had with this release have been with HT2 freezing & HDMI (dying) and at times noise on recordings which both issues are resolved by a reboot and I recently started to notice while playing movies from HT2 the Z9s unit doing a reboot on its own, very strange as I've never seen this occur before. I seem to be able to trigger these issues when going from the file manager, HT2 and HDMI screens no sure what the order is but it does seem to trigger it to happen.

9. Dan

Dan Member

Still getting sparklies on 4K hdr content, more noticeable on dark scenes.

Anyone else noticed this?

I don’t think it’s the hdmi cable as it doesn’t happen when using the X9s with same files, could I have a faulty device??

Attached media info of the last nights film and a previous film that displayed the issue.

Video showing issue from a different film - check out Tom Hanks black tie

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Well, will enable the 23hz option in the next version.

11. kam186

kam186 Member

Which fw is best without jerking playback for blu-ray and 4k video ? Sometime it stop many times by itself for 1080p.
    fw 2.2.57 also problem. Wasting a lot of time to test it out.

12. afss

afss Active Member

this is definitively not firmware related - I would say it is the HDMI cable, but since you have tested the same cable and it works with the X9S, there is a great possibility there is an issue with the HDMI port in your Z9S

13. Dan

Dan Member

This is what I was afraid off, but why does it not happen on 1080p/3d/Blurays etc only on 4k remux files.

What warranty do these devices come with?

14. afss

afss Active Member

cannot comment on the warranty, but I can tell the 4K movies do stress more the HDMI interface and cable, as they require more data throughput. Therefore it is logical that the lower resolution files may not trigger data errors, which is what you are seeing in form of "sparkles".

Zigourney likes this.
  15. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Where did you get firmware 2.2.57 from? The latest beta is 2.2.56

16. testphase

testphase New Member

with the lates beta firmware I always get a freeze for about several seconds during the playback, and happens only one time no matter how long the video is, very strange

17. Krush

Krush New Member

Music player freezes when managing from android-phone control center-file manager

18. kam186

kam186 Member

19. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

20. kam186

kam186 Member

No idea. I downloaded the last one.