New firmware v2.2.56 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Mar 30, 2019.

1. x9suser

x9suser Member

Quoting myself above....

Most of you would already know that HT2 ver 2.1.9 was already released to fix the Auto Update Sources bug. But for those still unaware, the link's already updated on the 1st page.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  2. x9suser

x9suser Member

I would like to make the following request from Zidoo team

1) Please add rmbv playback (the X9S fw 2.1.22 can play rmvb so Z9S shouldnt be a problem).
    2) For DVD, please enable the remote's 'Next' button to be used for skipping chapters. My 10 year old Realtek 1073 player can not only play DVD with full Menus , but it can also skip chapters using the Remote 'Next' button. So I don't see why it is so difficult for a new advanced Realtek 1296 to be unable to do this. Currently to skip chapters is a big hassle. I have to activate the Menu and navigate a series of button presses just to skip a chapter.

Thank You.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

After watched one 4K (24Hz HDR 10-b its) & one 1080p(24Hz) movie, I've to say that the 2.2.56 firmware is much better than 2.2.55.
    The 4K movie has no problem but I experienced a one-time freeze on the 1080p movie,
    however when I played the same time-slot of the 1080p movie again, it didn't have any problem!

gymnos and Zigourney like this.
  4. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Same for me, I have watched four 4K movies on this firmware and no blank screen issues so far. Before it happened on every single 4k file that I tried.

I am also experiencing the issue you described above regarding 1080p files, that sometimes film plays with no video, but can hear audio only. However if I stop and replay it plays back fine.

5. akan7

akan7 Member

Force Subtitles Not Working on
    v2.2.56. Been working fine for me on others.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    DELUCAS likes this.
  6. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

That was weird. I was almost happy with this build. I saw 3 full length UHD movies without black screens or audio dropouts. And then tonight I saw a 1080p movie and had 3 full black screens and audio dropouts.

7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Eject is not working anymore (USB). That is to say when tried there is no immediate reaction it may take many minutes before the pop-up window comes for the confirmation. It in fact then works.

gymnos likes this.
  8. talkron

talkron New Member

Thank, it really worked, at least for now 2.2.56 seam the most stable FW i used with Z9S. One thing i missing is ability to set 1080p/23Hz , as i usual watch HD or UHD i a row and set the player to 2160p/23hz or 1080p/23Hz, to reduce the black screen on the begimnning of the video when the resolution and framerate switches. Only shows 1080p /24 as possibility...

9. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

Well, I was too quick to judge. As I said, I watched 3 UHD movies without any problems, then yesterday I had a black screen and audio dropouts on a 1080p movie, and finally today I had the whole shebang with a UHD movie (Man on the ledge).
    So, again, the Z9S goes back to the bedroom and will stay there. This time it will be hard for it to make bail.
    I put my eGreat A5 back where it belongs, my home theater.
    I kinda like it more and more.

10. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Ah man that's really unfortunate! I thought it was all sorted for you. :(

11. Yes
    Yes I have the same problem with this firmware

12. Nice Monkey

24P in fact is 24/1001 which you reference to as 23 Hz. There is no 23P so selecting 24P (=23,9760) will in fact do what you are looking for.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  13. gymnos

gymnos Member

Nope, for Zidoo players @23Hz = 23.976 fps while @24Hz = 24.000 fps

In order to use 4K@23 and avoid HDMI handshake we have to set 'Ignore EDID' to On in the Developer Options.

Regards.

14. Nice Monkey

Thanks! Never too old to learn. Zidoo deviates here from the masses as 24.000 is hardly used.

Ignoring EDID is a risky thing and not recommended as it mostly causes more problems than it solves. Really meant for testing only.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  15. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Developer options has been removed from 2.2.56 anyway so we cant access that option.

gymnos and x9suser like this.
  16. x9suser

x9suser Member

Refer to my post dated Apr 5 below.
    Same as Android 7 phone, tap (press remote ok button ) 7 times quickly on Settings build number screen.

gymnos and Zigourney like this.
  17. gymnos

gymnos Member

Very big mistake, Zidoo Team please fix this.

Thanks.

18. Dan

Dan Member

Was on the .40 firmware last night and watched 2 episodes of AMZN 1080p the widow without issue.

Updated this evening to this beta after seeing all the positive posts and tried to play the same files tonight and I get a lovely green screen :-(

Anyone else had this issue?

Looks like I’ll be downgrading.

19. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

So far my experience is v2.2.56 works better with 4K (10 bits HDR) movies while
    v2.1.40 works better with 1080p movies.

Looking forward for a firmware that can work flawlessly in both.

20. Dan

Dan Member

If I have switch frame rate and resolution enabled I get a green screen on 1080 but if I change to frame rate only then it is ok.

I can live with this but hope Zidoo resolve in the next update. Hopefully someone from zidoo is watching this thread!!