New 1296 SOC Zidoo player Z1000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Zigourney, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

leonkoum likes this.
  2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Looks very great! I could exchange my Z10 by this Z1000!

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I really like the look of this one and it has all the interfaces one may need.

The Z1000 is relative expensive though at € 441 compared with € 280,- for a Z10 player.
    https://www.futeko.com/browse.php?cat=mp&sort=relevance
    It is getting the FW of X20/X20 Pro for those liking that (GUI).

It is far closer to an X20 than to a Z10 as it is costing only slightly less € 48.,- even without dual HDMI output ports, coming with an IR remote instead of BT and only a single HDD bay.

What disappoints me is that it comes with the standard remote (OK it is not bad) but not the nicer BT remote of X20/X20 Pro.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    DevlopperWEB81, gymnos and Zigourney like this.
  4. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

I was wondering it can't only be the design of the case and a full size RS323 on the Z1000 vs. the Z10, so looks like it will be getting the same firmware as the X20. I really do like the design of the black compact case.

I wonder what exactly the firmware for the X20 brings over and above the Z10 and is it more stable and contains more features too?

I personally won't be upgrading as I don't need internal storage, I have a NAS for that, but saying that I did buy the Z10 due to the design and the larger display over the X9S, even though I don't use the internal hard drive bay on my Z10.

5. Nice Monkey

@Zigourney
    Have multiple players with HDD bays but frankly always use USB or external SATA (even quicker to connect and no heat/noise issues).
    NAS won't work for me as I have too many HDD's.

Front Display size is a valid reason for me also to go to a more expensive model.

Thus far FW player features for all models are the same as far as I am aware of.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  6. gymnos

gymnos Member

The X20 series are more stable than Z series, no blank screen issues at all.

About this new model I don´t like the USB / SATA ports to be on the side, I prefer to have all the connections on the rear panel.

Regards.

7. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Maybe its because the Zidoo Tech team prioritise more time and effort on the firmware for its premium line up of products (X20/pro) first before they concentrate on the mass market units such as the X9S/Z9S/Z10.

I actually prefer they have at least one USB port on the side so that I can quick access it to plug in a USB pen without the need of pulling out the entire box just to get to the USB port in the back each time.

8. manifesto1969

manifesto1969 Member

bet it still can't do Forced Subtitles - the only thing I really really want

9. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

First of all before launching all kinds of new products get your shit together so that means stable firmware , ht2 as good as the zappiti software still miles behind ,downloadable and forced subtitles that work and that is only my part of the view. If they really want to upgrade then give us Dolby Vision, HDR 10+ , hdmi 2.1 .( even with a reasonable fee) All others are just clones of existing products so no need to change if you own one of those:p

10. Lony

Lony Active Member

Not with RTD1296, only with RTD1395 :p:p

11. Nice Monkey

I don't see anywhere that RTD1395 does full HDMI 2.1 maybe we need to wait for the RTD1396 to do that?:D

zarathoestra likes this.
  12. Lony

Lony Active Member

OK right with HDMI 2.1:D but the others with rdt1395:p

gymnos likes this.
  13. jwort93

jwort93 Member

I purchased one of these from Futeko, and received it yesterday. So far I like it quite a bit, seems to be well built, and I like the design a lot. The installed firmware is v2.2.7, which as far as I can tell doesn't exist for any of the other 1296 devices. The settings menu says the firmware is up to date as well. Any idea when there will be a subforum added for this device? In the mean time, if anyone has any questions for me about the z1000, just let me know!

gymnos likes this.
  14. jwort93

jwort93 Member

The v2.2.7 firmware that came with it was old, and I contected Zidoo who gave me the updated v2.2.61 OTA file. The menu's and settings are similar to the Z9S and Z10, with the exception that is has the higher-end black themed home screen from the X20/X20 Pro models.

15. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Hello , I received my X1000 from Futeko a couple of days ago , It wont pass any sound using the Spdif output , I have tried and tried and tried , even upgraded to the lates V2 firmware but still NO SOUND , any suggestions anyone ? tried the android settings also made sure the remote not on mute
    Thanks.

16. jwort93

jwort93 Member

What type of files are they? And what is the zidoo connected to? I can give it a try when I get home tonight.

17. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Hi , They are flac files for Music also bluray etc for the films , No sound with either . The DAC is a Neodeo NR22 , this worked fine with the Egreat A11 I just sold off .

18. jwort93

jwort93 Member

What is the optical audio output format set to in the settings?

19. andrewrona

andrewrona Member

Iam not aware of any optical setting ? where ?

20. jwort93

jwort93 Member

Under settings there is an audio area, with S/PDIF audio settings. Is the format set to LPCM 2 Channel or RAW?