New firmware v2.2.56 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Mar 30, 2019.

1. x9suser

x9suser Member

This 2.2.56 FW is still not stable. The device will reboot when playing certain 4k titles. Sometimes it will be ok, sometimes not.

Also it takes much longer for my USB 3 drive bay contents to show up compared to the previous FW.

2. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Not totally stable yet (seen galery abort, jump ahead during playback lock up and UHD menu being very slow e.g.) but none of these were reproducible so doing exactly the same another time that same action just worked fine. :mad:

Played 2 UHD/HDR/Atmos movies from an USB3 drive and that went smooth. That is really good news. :cool:

So yes it is definitely better on some points but we are not there yet. Mixing up USB port plug ins/outs is my biggest problem at the moment, that is reproducible very easy.:(

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

OK I get that but my question was why when I upgraded to 2.2.5 (and then to 2.2.56) it did NOT upgrade Ht2?

5. x9suser

x9suser Member

Perhaps there was no change in HT2 as 2.2.56 was only to fix the crash problem. Only when people complain about HT2 having issues, they saw a need to fix those specific issues.

6. afss

afss Active Member

watched another 4K movie last night (4K24 10bit 4:4:4), no black-screen, no stutters no freezes. :):):)

Zigourney likes this.
  7. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

I'm using LG oled C8 too, and use the below settings:

HDMI mode Auto
    Auto frame rate and resolution switching
    10Bit 444
    hdmi range limited 16-235

gymnos and ICU2018 like this.
  8. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Don't change the picture parameter settings.

In terms of the "better firmware", I really can't comment, as all previous firmware's for me on the Z10 and Z9S have been buggy (blank screen issues) and I have been using my X9S in the meantime.

ICU2018 likes this.
  9. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Yes all previous firmware's were buggy for me (blank screen issues).

This is your best starting point for setting up your LG OLED C8 TV.....

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c8/settings

gymnos likes this.
  10. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

11. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

After the HT2 fix ( Thanks Zidoo! ) I did not have that issue and I have some of the same films you are listing. What I have noticed is HT2 no longer auto scans when new files are added so you have to run the update manually for the library.

12. Al Perez

Al Perez Member

Download the APK file place it on a thumb drive then under APPS use the ApkInstaller to upgrade HT2

13. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

It did not update the version of Ht2 either
    Ditto here. Using the fixed Ht2. Annoying as this is one of the best features. Hope Zidoo fix this soon.

14. vman

vman Member

So how do you update manually. I tried using the IMDB ID codes and that did not work. I get a cannot find file error message.

15. vman

vman Member

This firmware is still buggy, I still get random freezes on movies, studdering, skipping, etc., I am using USB drive as well.
    I will go back to the Dune until this is fixed.

16. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

According to many reports, there are still some hiccups with this firmware. I just wonder that is it still better than 2.1.30 or 2.1.40?

17. x9suser

x9suser Member

Please fix the HT2 Auto update sources bug for 2.2.56fw (which no longer works even if enabled).

blenky and Zigourney like this.
  18. x9suser

x9suser Member

Same as Android 7 phone, tap (press remote ok button ) 7 times quickly on Settings build number screen.

Guz likes this.
  19. x9suser

x9suser Member

The instability and crashes was caused by the removal of Google Play by the Zidoo FW upgrade (applicable for those who have many apps installed via Google Play) . After I reinstalled the Google Playkit , things seemed to have returned to normal. Keep my fingers crossed.

Zigourney likes this.
  20. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Please report back. I want to know as well that there is something to do with Google Play Store.
    Or do I need to install Google Play Store if I don't use other apps at all?