New firmware v2.1.40 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2019.

1. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

What does it mean that the 2.2.55 beta firmware released 2 days ago has been retired? I have installed it.
    Things are hectic at Zidoo

2. x9suser

x9suser Member

Maybe that beta got some serious issues.

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

In fact I am running it and it is really better than FW 2.1.40 for sure. The main complaint is the black screen for some which apparently was not solved. Maybe it has been withdrawn for that reason.

Don't get those myself but I have everything screen related on Auto (=default) which works just fine for me. Had to hard back-out FW 2.1.40 but for the time being will keep FW 2.2.55 running. Don't want to reinstall everything again and as said before it is not bad for me.

4. talkron

talkron New Member

I got the same problems with 2.2.55 as i had with 2.1.40, video randomly freezing and the the player rebooting (i play UHD and BD remuxes from extermal HDD over 3.0 USB) and on top of that audio drop outs (most severely on a DTS 2.0 sountrack) i had not experienced with 2.1.40. .The flash procedure seams so risky i probably wait for the next FW... comming from Dune this player is pain in the b..., hope Dune puts out something with RTD 1296, donĀ“t looks like the zidoo team is able to come up with a fully functional FW...

5. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Odd indeed. I'm now on 2.2.55 and seems fine. Not had the black screen so can't comment on that. My complaint with it is the lack of any new features in HT2 and no discernible improvement in bluray menu support.

6. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

2.2.55 was a massive improvement for me, no more green screens or reboots for me I'm well happy with it

7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I haven't installed v2.2.55 because my device has been working perfectly (I use 4K mkv remuxes only) after backing out to a clean v1.9.7 then installing v2.1.40 over the top of that.

What makes v2.2.55 better for you? Just curious.

8. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

As I've mentioned I was getting green screens causing reboots on some of my 4k HDR mkv rips and now they play perfect. I have quite a collection 446 and counting

9. x9suser

x9suser Member

If you read back a few posts, I actually mentioned that it solved the black screen problem for my Samsung KS7000.

It's just that I was wondering why it was withdrawn. I thought maybe some people had some serious problem, but now more people are coming out to say it's ok.

10. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

The settings that I'm using are Deep color priority 10bit, ycbcr 444, hdmi range 0-255, 3840*2160p 60hz, switch frame rate only. Hope that helps anybody out there.

11. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

HDR is set to auto

12. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

I've never had any black screen issues so can't comment.

13. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

My TV is an LG 43UJ750V

14. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

The only issue is 7.1 aac files but if I use Mx player they play perfect.

gymnos likes this.
  15. sizzle007

sizzle007 New Member

Should be easily fixable with a firmware update, hopefully zidoo will, I'm confident.

16. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

It would be nice if Zidoo posted a message explaining why its been pulled. Seems those that have it, myself included, don't have any issue with it - so a bit strange.

17. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

My experience with 2.2.55 is really bad. 4K file froze. I have to turn the unit off. 1080p files stutter as hell. I have to pause and play to correct it. But the file will stutter again eventually.

18. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Same here 2.2.55 on my Z10 makes the player hang/freeze up on 4K files within a few minutes of playback and all remote commands are unresponsive by the box and require mains power cycle to bring it out of hung status.

3 months of ownership of the Z10 and the box is still un-useable...Back to using my X9S in the meantime.

19. DPS6000

DPS6000 New Member

I had the same problem with 2.2.55 on the Z9S. Hang/freeze requiring mains power cycle. Back on 2.1.30. I have not tried 2.1.40.

20. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I take back what I said about no issues! 4K playback is borked. Tried two files, one just went to a blue screen and the second just crashed and rebooted the player. Both files played fine before update.

Hopefully Zidoo will put a fixed version soon.