New firmware v2.1.22 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

I just did a test last night with my MKV files that have a forced subtitles....When using the ZDMC internal player it "does" detect the "forced" subtitle flag and plays them as needed. I simply set the subtitle menu setting in Kodi to look for "Forced". If the flag is not set as forced in the MKV file, the subtitle would not play.

2. lucabis

lucabis Member

Where did you find this setting in ZDMC?

3. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

4. lucabis

lucabis Member

Forced subtitles are included in the blu ray. Which then converted to mkv h265.

5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Forced subtitles are present in almost all movie, for example when watching a movie in language other from the original or having foreign dialogue or sign, for example in movie like Jason Bourne when action take place in <<Soins intensifs>> in France you will have forced subtitles showing "intensive care unit ICU" I don't know for vlc in android but vlc in my XBoxOneS display forced subtitles in mkv and never had problem in Kodi.

godalmighty likes this.
  6. lucabis

lucabis Member

7. godalmighty

i have game of thrones 720p .mkv, in season 1, i downloaded a subtitle that already have translation for dothraki language too, is this what is Forced Subtitle mean?
    my mistake :D
    i try kodi18 in settings>Player>Language>Prefered Subtitles Language
    i can choose "Forced only"

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  8. lucabis

lucabis Member

So in ZDMC there is no "force only".

9. godalmighty

for now i dont have ZDMC installed
    i`ll try it next

same with kodi18, ZDMC still have "Forced only"
    but when i choosed it and tried it with game of thrones that have dothraki translation, it dont take effect
    the dothraki translation show either with the english language too
    i think maybe its because my sub is not the same that you use

and for @filip kenens
    download subtitle work fine to me

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  10. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

ZDMC is Kodi.... it is just Zidoo's version/name for it. In the player settings for ZDMC, I believe under Languange settings you have all your various subtitle adjustments....one of which you choose what type to use... I choose Forced.... then when you play an MKV file, the PGS subtitles that have the Forced flag enabled will play automatically...Keep in mind, I believe this will only work using the Kodi based player ... .not the External or vastly superior Zidoo player unfortunately... When you rip the MKV you will need to make sure the Forced flag is designated for the correct subtitle choice... If not, just correct it with MKVtoolnix... easy peasy...

11. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Thanks for checking it,but for me it does not work,and i am not the only one,i tried factory settings but still the same,maybe you know what i can try to do to fix it,thanks.

12. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

When you click on your file with MediaInfo, does it show the forced flag for the subtitle that you need to have active?

13. So is 2.1.24 officiel or not. Working fine for me

14. godalmighty

can you give me the. pgs subtitle that have forced flag, i would like to try
    still i dont understand what the benefit with choosing forced subtitle
    are they same like what i download. srt subtitle that have dothraki translation too for game of thrones series
    maybe you can check your internet conection, maybe you using vpn or something so you cannot access yo subtitle server but it just my quest:D
    not yet
    maybe it was leaked from beta tester users :p

15. Davicom

Davicom Member

hi, does someone know a method to switch resolution and framerate correctly using pvr clients in kodi or zdmc?

16. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Can’t get internal player to trigger if I play from ftp via zdmc, it resorts to Kodi player, anybody else confirm this?

17. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Just to add zdmc doesn’t match frame rate over ftp either

18. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

I have been testing to download subtitles,i know now what the problem is,i can't download dutch subtitles but english subtitles works,can zidoo fix this ?

Vinny4K likes this.
  19. godalmighty

maybe you must change your region or prefered language
    i'm from indonesia, if i dont change it so the list i can download only show default and it was english

20. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

I have it on my country en language and download fails,if i set it on al english then it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.