New firmware v2.1.22 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

That’s because it’s the mobile version of YouTube. If you want good YouTube support I’d look at a different box. The Zidoo is pretty much engineered to playback local movies.

2. abes

abes New Member

Until this firmware I could FF or Rewind by using the remote, by 2x, 4x, 8x...
    How can this be done with this firmware?

3. pirloui

pirloui New Member

After returning to the firmware. Img in 1.2.6 then passed in 2.1.22, The image is greatly improved.
    In setting, I put the deep color mode in 10 bit, the color space in auto and the hdmi range in 16-235. I put off the option hdr.si I put the hdmi range in 0-255, the worry reappears (whereas before, whether it was one or the other it was the same thing. this a bug?) On the other hand, is it normal that if I put the color space in 4.2.0, it comes to me in 4.4.4?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xqBudBqNwuQPxYQUiscDgQaZawNlDYjl/view?usp=drivesdk

SaskMedia and deano86: thanks for taking the time to help me find my problem :);)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  4. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

HDMI range should never be 0 - 255. This is only used for computer monitors. All TV and movies are filmed and mastered in limited 16-235.

pirloui likes this.
  5. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Might be a problem with open subtitles website. Infuse on Apple TV was having the same problem.

6. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

There is another problem: 4K H265 and H264 MKV with 60 or 59.94 FPS are switched to 30 FPS. The Auto frame rate is not working correctly here.

If you manually set to 60FPS, then the videos are running properly. But not if you put resolution and / or frame rate on automatic.

MTS (H264) and MP4 (HEVC H265, H264) with 59.94 or 60FPS are recognized correctly and also played correctly. But not MKV.

7. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

how about sideload it with youtube for android tv os version :D
    someone here told that 10bit 4:4:4 limited is the best setting for this box
    but i found some 4k content might look more delicate with full range

btw you put your link that need permission to access it :(

8. pirloui

pirloui New Member

Oups, I forgot to unblock sharing :oops:

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Lip sync issue - audio delay. I noticed recently that audio delay goes slightly out of sync when I start to play movie. All I have to do is to get to audio delay screen with slider. I don’t need to adjust it at all, just open adjustment screen to get it back in sync. It’s marginal difference no more than 50ms but I can see it every time. Is anybody else noticing this?

A direct shortcut key to audio delay like Kodi “A” or mapping to additional keys on remote would be great.

10. garu.386

garu.386 New Member

Yes, I can confirm this. Very, very annoying. Fix is needed and not some workaround.

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

The fluctuating audio offset is noticeable when using external to HDMI audio path like 3.5 audio out jack or SPDIF optical audio out. The audio would be out of sync to TV video processing time unless corrected with audio offset function in Zidoo. Having this setting anything else than 0 produces this wrong audio delay at the start of the movie unless open again in audio delay screen.

When audio is on HDMI path and offset set to 0 it appears to be correct.

I have my small low power headphones amp connected to Zidoo 3.5 mm audio out port. TV does not have analogue audio out port and I don't want to burn big HDMI receiver to power small headphones.

12. garu.386

garu.386 New Member

Could be true, however I have 7.1 home theater setup, so zidoo is actually connected to “big HDMI” Marantz via HDMI and with previous firmwares, I have never every noticed any kind of delay.

13. sammy2001

sammy2001 New Member

Aspect ratio for remuxed DVDs still not working. Has to be manually set every time a file is played. This fix is long overdue. Like years overdue.

No option for "Forced Subtitles Only" or the feature doesn't work. Subtitles are either always on or always off.

"Switch frame rate and resolution" only switches frame rate. Doesn't switch resolution.

23.976 finally works (a fantastic fix! Thanks!), but now, there is a strange new symptom where the playback randomly losses sync (video sync, not audio sync) with the refresh rate causing endless video sutter/frame dropping that won't fix itself until playback is paused/played or stopped/restarted. I've watched about 20 films with this new firmware and it has happened to me 3 times. At least 1 of the files was watched twice. The first time I watched it, the playback was perfect. Days later, the described symptoms happened. It is completely random and I can't replicated it.

I have at least 1 file in my library that doesn't work properly (file works on other systems and on VLC). Playback is sped up. I suspect it is because the file has PCM audio. I've cut out a piece and attached a link to download the file for Zidoo to investigate the issue.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/d6xn4f

A few other things
    a) Pressing 0 to start playback from the beginning was a great feature. That should be brought back.

b) Playback should start AFTER refresh rate has changed. The first second of playback is always clipped.

14. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think it works correctly if you play the movie out of BD Menu. I don't think any other player out there can correctly select Forced Subtitles.

I can confirm this issue. This is related to Web-Dl files. Most likely it is still some bug in the player codecs having issues with video streams not having frame rate embedded into it. I didn't even raise the flag here knowing that it took years to acknowledge and correct 23.976 fps stutter issue. This bug is nothing compared to the previous one where I couldn't watch a single movie without stumbling into random stutters unless it was in 3D. Like you pointed out, it's not always and if you do see it all you have to do is pause the movie for second to get out stutter cycle. The rest of the movie will probably be OK. It only effect Web-Dl's with some other combination of keys or adjustments.

I don't have this problem. My settings:
    Quick Settings > Display > HDMI Mode > Auto
    Quick Settings > Playback > Automatic Frame Rate > Frame Rate and Resolution > Switch Frame Rate and resolution

It stays at 4K 60Hz on Zidoo interface screen and goes into 1080p 23.976 or 4K 23.976 Hz according to movie video stream.

IMG_0835s2.jpg IMG_0840s2.jpg

15. lucabis

lucabis Member

It is not correct, the Chinese boxes even if they have other big problems, they can display the forced subtitles with kodi. before, I had h96 pro, the forced subtitles were selected, then we left the microscatti and other problems. But I think it can be done.

16. lucabis

lucabis Member

Another thing, why is the resolution in 1920 * 1080 always changed? The previous time I had set 2160p 60hz and then at the next start it changes again.

17. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Why do you need to change or force resolution? What's wrong with all auto like my example above?

18. lucabis

lucabis Member

I have a 4k tv, and the hdmi output I always want it on 2160p, why do I have to put automatic?

19. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I don't see the point setting the output to Auto. Put it on the maximum what you TV is capable of, in this case 2160p + Switch Frame Rate only and it upscales all your content.

20. lucabis

lucabis Member

It's what I do. Then when I turn off x9s and the next day I turn it on again to watch another movie, I find the setting changed to 1080p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.