Unnoficial Latest KODI Leia 18 with ZidooPlayer

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1295)' started by cobric, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

I can't install this version. Do I need to remove the current installation first?

2. cobric

cobric Member

Yes, you'll have to uninstall previous version. After that following updates can be installed without uninstalling. You can create backup of your "Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/" before uninstall, then install new version, start it for the first time and then restore your data folder.

3. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

OK this worked. But I'm missing the option to enable the external zidoo player.

4. cobric

cobric Member

This option is removed. You can start video by external zidoo player with "Play with" option. Or create your custom playercorefactory.xml and specify that zidoo player is default there.

5. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Do you have a playercorefactory.xml I can use?

6. cobric

cobric Member

Please see here: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_external_players_on_Android

Basically you have to create Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/playercorefactory.xml and just add rule which files you want to open with Zidoo player "ZidooPlayer":

This is for all files:
    <playercorefactory>
    <rules action="prepend">
    <rule video="true" player="ZidooPlayer"/>
    </rules>
    </playercorefactory>

LAURARO likes this.
  7. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

Doesn't work. Do I need to root the box?

8. cobric

cobric Member

No you don't. Which file do you try to play? Please provide debug log from kodi.

9. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

I found the problem. It was a simple copy and paste mistake. Now it works! Thanks!!!!

10. cobric

cobric Member

Great!

11. richard southcott

richard southcott New Member

in the player setting in kodi u can set 4:3 picture to normal/16:9/16:9 stretch/zoom cam u do this in zidoo player?
    also on zidoo player is there a way to only turn on forced subtites by default

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  12. Carsten Busch

Carsten Busch Member

What is different with this version compared with the official build from the kodi?

videobruce likes this.
  13. cobric

cobric Member

Out of the box support for launching Zidoo native player for playing files (via playercorefactrory.xml and/or KODI "play with" option). Everything else is the same.

14. LAURARO

LAURARO New Member

Hi

I have done this

Basically you have to create Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/playercorefactory.xml and just add rule which files you want to open with Zidoo player "ZidooPlayer"

But i think is not working,how can i know if it is working?should the files ask before playing about the player to use?

In ZMDC and Aeon MQ7 i can see in settings to use Zidoo player

Thanks

15. gabi65

gabi65 New Member

Bonjour kodi 18 est disponible en version finale depuis ce matin
    Quelle version je dois prendre pour ma zidoo x10

JEU GOOGLE. ARMV8A (32bit). ARMAV8A (64bit)

Merci pour votre reponse

16. cobric

cobric Member

ARMV7A. Please use english.

17. Can someone post there playercorefactory.xml i want to use external player for local or network share videos but everything else use the kodi player.

18. cobric

cobric Member

You have to be more specific, as you can see here: https://kodi.wiki/view/External_players there are limitless options using regex for protocols, filetypes, mimetypes, filename...

19. The file types I want to exclude is the ones that zidoo external player cant play. That is the reason behind not using the example above as zidoo external player will be used for everything which it cant do. Thanks

20. testphase

testphase New Member

the latest version keeps closing itself under z9s