New firmware v2.1.40 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2019.

1. akan7

akan7 Member

You need to make the changes from advance menu in development setting.

2. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Hello, this is (possibly) a tremendous news, how i access to this nirvana please ? tks

Edit : try but nowhere i have found reference about an advance menu in development settings :(

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  3. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

Developer options are at Settings - Other - About - Advanced Settings - Developer options (second entry from the bottom).

I don't know exactly which setting akan7 is referring to though.

4. akan7

akan7 Member

Sorry meant in Other>about>Advanced Settings> Developer Options> check Video Color mode or HDMI Range Mode

5. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

tks, I'll try tonight

6. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

no change, try 4:2:0 10 et 12 bit or 4:2:2 in developer settings infos on movies always shows 4:4:4 10 bit
    at same time put quick setting to auto or same value as above
    so sames black screen every mn

7. akan7

akan7 Member

after playing with setting, output Mode: 3840x2160P @23Hz YCbCr 444 10Bits BT2020 is forced because of the color banding when using 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 10 bits.

8bits is not forced

I am using this cable 1m from Z9S to Amp
    10M from Amp to Projector, 2M to Tv and not having any problem.

Always back up HT.v2 and do a full restore after updating New firmware.
    1M
    KabelDirekt 1m HDMI Cable 4K / Cord compatible with (HDMI 2.0a/b, 2.0, 1.4a, 4K HDMI Cable, HDMI to HDMI, 4K@60HZ,1080p FullHD, UHD, Ultra HD, 3D, High Speed with Ethernet, ARC, PS4, XBOX, HDTV) PRO Series https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004XWEBX8/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_M0GuCb50Y4SBP

10M
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/KabelDirek...d=1549013755&sr=1-7&keywords=KabelDirekt&th=1

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  8. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

So on this firmware pressing 0 restarts the video, is there are any way of doing time input?

9. Zq77

Zq77 New Member

How root works in this version

10. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

11. Zq77

Zq77 New Member

Do you explain the steps to me, please?
    Are by adb shell
    I have previous experiences but I want orders in detail and all the steps

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  12. ncc1701e

ncc1701e New Member

Hi
    I updated to 2.40, and now HDR movie.. is crap.. all black scrrens turns to "dark blue". I have no HDR equipment , but this problem was not in the 1.7.7 fw

Where can i find 1.7.7 fw ?

Just problems with 2.40 =(

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  13. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

I noticed quite consistent stutters in horizontal panning scenes or objects moving horizontally. its quite annoying. anyoneelse noticed the same? rtl 1296 is meant to be quite powerful, I wouldnt expect the stutter to be this bad. is this something zidoo can improve on?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  14. thrang

thrang Member

That sounds like judder of 24p material, an artifact of low source frame rate - TV's and projectors offer various mode to interpolate frames but often create an unnatural "soap opera" effect. That's not an issue of any player, unless you're having some other set-up issues. Slow pans are generally fine, really fast pans are a blue anyway - generally is the medium speed pans that reveal this artifact most easily.

15. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

What you're describing sounds like 3:2 or 2:3 pulldown, or you just have the wrong frame rate set (make sure automatic frame rate is on).

One thing this player certainly does not suffer from is playback stutter so the issue is elsewhere.

16. kfpanda

kfpanda Member

thx guys, it does look a bit like soap opera effect n I did set refresh rate to 24Hz. that said, I always set another player to 1080p24 n never noticed the effect (or at least, not as much as on the zidoo. ). neither did it show up when I use the internal player on the sony tv. I will however play around with the settings a bit more (probably after chinese new year). any suggestions on what settings to watch out for would be appreciated. (on top of what mark already suggested)

cheers

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

You can set the player's resolution & framerate to whatever you want as long as you set <Frame rate mode> to "Switch frame rate and resolution"

Assuming you're watching film rips (generally 23.975Hz not 24Hz) then I'd set the gui to the same resolution as whatever your main source files are, so presumably either 1080p23 or 3140x2160p23 (23 refers to 23.976) . You need to turn EDID mode off in <Developer Mode> in <Advanced settings> to get the 23 option. This of course assuming your sink handles that (it should).

And since you say it's a bit like Soap Opera Effect, absolutely make sure you have ALL frame interpolation, noise reduction, motion compensation blah blah blah stuff turn off on the sink (don't know if you have a TV or projector).

I can't stress enough how important it is to turn all that crap off! :)

gymnos likes this.
  18. Ravi Shankar

Ravi Shankar New Member

When playing movie in the USB drive, the video freezes randomly and the drive gets disconnected. Then I have to reboot the player again to connect the drive and watch the movie. This happens to any random file. Whereas the same file plays in all other machines (Dune HD Pro 4k, Nvidia Shield, HiMedia Q10) without any problem.

As I like this player better than all listed above, is there any solution for this.

The software is the latest and I did a reset after updating.

19. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Exactly, Ravi Shankar.

Instead of fixing the not working disc menus, or the green screen bug...

The Z9S has now become instable and crashes. :mad:

Very disappointed, not recommended at all. :mad:

20. Dan

Dan Member

Just ordered the Z9s to replace my X9s, after reading this forum I wish hadn't bothered.

If it's as bad as you guys are making out I'll be sending it straight back.