New firmware v2.1.40 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Ok, I'm back.

After swapping to Monster HDMI cable, problem still persists. Green is still green, Freeze is still freeze. The freezing file that I'm having problem has DTS-X track in it.

What I did is going to 'Quick Settings' -> 'Playback' -> 'Automatic frame rate' -> changed from 'switch frame rate and resolution' to 'off' and then try playing problematic files. Voila!, every files play as they should. BUT there is a little hiccup. If you want to change subtitle to different language or different track, it will freeze or get green. What I did was pausing the movie, changed the subtitle to the one you want, it will fail to continue playing, then stop the movie, play the movie again. Now you will get what you want because the system remembers the settings you have changed. That is my temporary fixed. From now I need the developers to find out what went wrong when the box is switching frame rate and resolution.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Enjoy :D

3. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

For me , worst than the .30. with .30 on direct link with my epson 9400 projector, 4k 10bit HDR, black screen few sec every 30s. With the .40 you invert : picture few sec every 30s

(everything AUTO except resolution 4k/24 and 10bit prefered and switch only framerate)

4. I couldn't install it, I have downloaded three times but when I want to upgrade It says "failed"

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I take it you tried installing from USB?

6. Yes!!

7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Make sure usb stick is formatted properly
    Try another usb stick
    Make sure no interuptions when downloading etc .

8. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Try turn off Automatic frame rate.

9. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I will upload a bit of one if you say where because I have loads, they are all 7.1aac and play fine on x9s, say where and I will sort it.

10. Y
    es I have tried everything but without suceess
    https://ibb.co/Ky1hzPb

11. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Hello, tks for suggestion, but no change

12. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

On v2.1.40...

Now the Zidoo Z9S is unstable: it lost connection to the USB<->HDD two times during a movie, had to reboot each time to connect to the HDD again, and restart the movie. :mad:

Green Screen Crash: no improvement. :mad:

Some Blu-ray/UHD menus not working: no improvement. :mad:

13. Y
    Yes, I have the same problems...

14. J.K.uploaden

J.K.uploaden Member

Can't upload a whole Blu-ray ISO.

Do you have access to the Mandy Blu-ray? Select the extra feature "One-Shot Teasers": the Zidoo Z9S instantly crashes with a Green Screen, and reboots.

If you only play that specific m2ts-file (run time 3:50): it first plays, but crashes every time at 0:57, with a Green Screen, and reboots.

15. thrang

thrang Member

Branching UHD glitches improved, but still not completely eliminated. I’ve not seen any video glitches, though I’ve experienced four brief audio drops in 15 minutes of Coco (ISO bit perfect rip, 4k UHD)

So work still needs to be done here. The Vero 4k is the standard candle here... no branching glitches at all.

Please continue to work on this issue... it is not fixed yet.

16. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

For the problematic file, if the file is too big to upload, would it be possible for us to use 'mediainfo' program to extract info of the file and send it to you, mirror?

17. bowzhung

bowzhung New Member

Serious mistakes, this version of video below 1080P resolution can not play, like 640 * 480

18. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Ive never had an issue with downloading files maybe a little slow at time ....
    I use a 64gb and 128gb memory stick formatted to ntfs .

Try formatting usb stick to ntfs and use a laptop while not running numerous programs etc
    As in clean boot up .

19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Lots of people asking where they can drop snipetts of problem files but getting no answer...

20. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

Always blackscreen on 2160/24 4:4:4 10 bit SDR or HDR (SDR every mn or few mn, HDR (bt2020) every few sec)
    i try to change to 4:2:2 12bit or 10 bit prefered but the box continue to send 4:4:4 10bit no matter menu i chose
    So i'm disapointed and start looking to another box