New firmware v1.0.34 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Mar 26, 2016.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi all:
    We release a new firmware v1.0.34 for ZIDOO X6 Pro
    Model: ZIDOO_X6 Pro
    Version:v1.0.34
    ChangeLog:
    1: improvement the air-mouse support, support some special air-mouse keyboard.
    2: fix some special air-mouse with speaker could not output sound through HDMI.
    3: improvement the NTP service, get time more faster from the network.
    4: fix could not pop poweroff dialog when upgrade from V1.0.32 for some devices.
    5: fix some hard disk could not read when it plug in win10.
    6: remove the touch sound for the media center app.
    7: upgrade the ZDMC to v16.02.

please download the below update package to install with USB(First in the forum to Gray scale test one week ,if no problem,Then push the OTA online update).

1.0.34OTA zip file:
    Mediafire mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x961ahg55z6fq0h/ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.34_20160317_ota.zip
    Amazon mirror: http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/zidoo_x6/ZIDOO_X6_Pro_v1.0.34_20160317_ota.zip

MD5 :AA65FDB887C344CEF0653DA8A554EFF3

How to upgrade: http://blog.zidoo.tv/2015/02/how-to-upgrade-the-zidoo-x9-firmware/

Enjoy!

cyber7 likes this.
  2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

and what about the other faults????

and why a version from 17.03.2016 when the beta testers gave you a lot of faults exact on this version of firmware?

cannot understand you more and more - sorry!!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Anton Bernd likes this.
  3. crocell

crocell New Member

I actually have 1.0.33 installed, and I have no major issue : Zidoo works fine for me ;)

So guys, before testing your new firmware, I would like to know if there's an easy way to perform a downgrade from 1.0.34 to 1.0.33 ?
    (plz keep in mind that downgrade means downgrade ; reseting the factory defaults and installing firmware is NOT downgrade -> it's fresh install ... )

4. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

People on this site make me crazy. Guys, they're making small changes to improve the X6 Pro. That's why it's 1.0.34! When a major update is launched they'll go to 1.1.0 or maybe even 2.0, these are small frequent patches. That's why not everything is done in the list Grummel. Eventually, many updates from now, they'll have the entire list complete, but for now they're doing an excellent job of patching often.

Most Android TV Box companies haven't even fixed Netflix voice problems and we're about 20 patches since that was resolved.

If you don't like the way Zidoo does it, then root your device, since they even gave you the option, and make changes yourself.

I'm so tired of people complaining about everything all the time.

Zidoo, I'm absolutely satisfied with everything you've done. It's not perfect, but I own several other products and nothing compares to your X6 Pro. Your frequently released patches are amazing. Thanks for all your hard work.

Joe

sporadico, nice159 and cyber7 like this.
  5. neamielu

neamielu Member

@grummel2005, I think you are an old grumpy lady complaining of about everything. you find faults even where they aren't, and I suspect you are working for some villain company of the competition :D

why don't you sell your zidoo if you don't like it, and buy a „proper developed and legal system” such as apple tv or amazon fire tv, and then pay in their ecosystem for every single bit of information you are accessing? :D

also, fyi: root is provided especially for individual / independent developers, not for no reason at all. without root you cannot access the system core, but indeed is useless for you, since you are obviously not a developer.

I am tired to see you complaining, so please get your senses together or everybody will hate you and swear you in all the forum around, as the guy from south africa already started in another thread..

note that if you are complaining about everything, nobody will take you seriously, especially the developers. find real problems and wait like the rest of us to be solved, then everything will be fine.

6. Arctic Ace

Arctic Ace Member

Same answer here, for daily usage v1.0.33 has been stable for me. Nice that they will keep publishing new versions regularly!

7. neamielu

neamielu Member

I noticed you're from Germany, but hey, this is not Mercedes, you kno' :p

RE 1,0,34 fw. so far, so good, installed and running smoothly. not sure about audio lag, but I didn't noticed any, still need to dig in more.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  8. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Kodi audio out of sync is still there. I also noticed I did not lost root access after update.

9. Joescarbrough

Joescarbrough New Member

I'm not even going to bother replying line by line, like you did. You know why? It's because this is so simple...

You purchased hardware, not software patches. They do the software for free, because they want to make their product better and better.

Free updates every 2 weeks and all you do is complain because you want more, faster.

You should think about thanking the people giving you free updates so often.

10. papirus

papirus Member

2016/03/24 ( Thursday )
    -------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
    " Hello ,

The problems i'm having on X6Pro ( with v1.0.33 ) :

• There's an absolute stability problem on the device. For instance ; when i clicked on an episode of a TV-Serie, an error appears on the screen like “ Error Info / Sorry , This Video Can Not Be Played “ . I'm trying another episode, it's same. After these, it runs another episode i selected, without problem. Once it run an episode, i can play other episodes which i tried before. It's not clear why the device run a video file or not. It's unstable. These video files can be played %100 on Zidoo X9 without any problem.
    • Even if the subtitle name is same as the video file's name, it doesn't appear automatically, i have to select the subtitile file manually.
    • When i forward a video during play, the synchronization between subtitle and video starts to fail.
    • The subtitle file names seem as Sub Externel 1,2 etc. (It should be "External" i guess) But it should be like on Zidoo X9, we should be seeing the actual names of the subtitles in the menu.
    • Some videos play sometimes smoothly sometimes with lags. Forexample : A video in my HDD, “ BBC Africa Savannah 720p.BluRay DTS Dual x264-Wiki “ , is playing smoothly sometimes, but sometimes there can be lags while playing. It's unknown that why the result is changing time to time ?
    • Like on the X9, can we have a chance to watch the video files with devices own media player automatically when we clicked a video on KODI. I'm using KODI only for it's archive and poster features but i prefer devices media player for watching. This request is sounded so many times on the TR forums for X6.
    • As a last question : How should be the folder systemfor Zidoo Theatre ? For a efficient poster scanning, how should we organize the folders ? Could you give an advice for organizing the single movie folder and TV-Serie folder which includes so many episodes ? I'm asking because the folder system i'm using on X9 is not working on X6pro.
    • And also there's still no support for Turkish characters on subtitles !

As a conclusion, the main problem on the X6 Pro is stability.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------

2016/03/26 ( Saturday )

The problems i'm having on X6Pro ( with v1.0.34 ) :

• There's an absolute stability problem on the device. For instance ; when i clicked on an episode of a TV-Serie, an error appears on the screen like “ Error Info / Sorry , This Video Can Not Be Played “ . I'm trying another episode, it's same. After these, it runs another episode i selected, without problem. Once it run an episode, i can play other episodes which i tried before. It's not clear why the device run a video file or not. It's unstable. These video files can be played %100 on Zidoo X9 without any problem.
    • Even if the subtitle name is same as the video file's name, it doesn't appear automatically, i have to select the subtitile file manually.
    • When i forward a video during play, the synchronization between subtitle and video starts to fail.
    • The subtitle file names seem as Sub Externel 1,2 etc. (It should be "External" i guess) But it should be like on Zidoo X9, we should be seeing the actual names of the subtitles in the menu.
    • Some videos play sometimes smoothly sometimes with lags. Forexample : A video in my HDD, “ BBC Africa Savannah 720p.BluRay DTS Dual x264-Wiki “ , is playing smoothly sometimes, but sometimes there can be lags while playing. It's unknown that why the result is changing time to time ?
    • Like on the X9, can we have a chance to watch the video files with devices own media player automatically when we clicked a video on KODI. I'm using KODI only for it's archive and poster features but i prefer devices media player for watching. This request is sounded so many times on the TR forums for X6.
    • As a last question : How should be the folder systemfor Zidoo Theatre ? For a efficient poster scanning, how should we organize the folders ? Could you give an advice for organizing the single movie folder and TV-Serie folder which includes so many episodes ? I'm asking because the folder system i'm using on X9 is not working on X6pro.
    • And also there's still no support for Turkish characters on subtitles !

As a conclusion, the main problem on the X6 Pro is stability.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

All the problems i mentioned is still contiuning on the new firmware release , there's no change...!!!

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Shame on you!
    [​IMG]

12. crocell

crocell New Member

@grummel2005 well, if you think that nothing is right/good here, that's your full right, and it's your full right again to be angry against the whole world if you want ...

Maybe it's your full right too to think that you just have to ask, and people just have to obey (people obey quickly) to you own (selfish) desires ... Realize that it's just what you are doing here ;) asking and complaining :/

But now that everybody here has seen what you think about Zidoo team (again, again and again -> in fact we can see it everyday), I humbly invite you to think about the idea of leaving this forum, that will be a loss of pain for you and us ;)

Rene Veen likes this.
  13. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

W.T.F. are you on about @grummel2005 ?
    If you count your "likes" (you gave yourself through anonymous logins) and you look at your "constructive" posts, you are about as welcome as the plague...

Please could I ask ONE SINGLE THING FROM YOU? Please start being constructive and give solid input instead of standing in the way of progress with your permanent attitude of "OH, you guys are so wrong, I am being liked in Germany and German forums!". Tell you what, Herr Adolf was also liked by the German people and look where it got us today.

Get constructive or leave. I believe this forum's members are getting pretty fed-up with your sh!t.

AlmostHuman, neamielu and Ogi like this.
  14. cyber7

AWESOME! I see even the KODI forums are talking about the technical know-how of the Zidoo team!

Keep it up, it is working as I expected.

15. blazer

blazer Member

Hmmm

'If you count your "likes" (you gave yourself through anonymous logins) '
    'you are about as welcome as the plague...'
    ''Tell you what, Herr Adolf was also liked by the German people and look where it got us today'

All comments that then ask for "constructive" posts.

Ever heard the saying 'Do as I say, not as I do'? because it about sums up your (il)logical approach.

Doh!!

16. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I'm joking...
    OK, understood.

grummel2005 likes this.
  17. cyber7

Appologies for the rage. Just finished a 1000km road-trip and was looking forward just winding down, getting the latest release and could just not help myself.

@grummel2005 I apologize for being mean and under the belt. To the other users, sorry for starting a s...t storm.

nakata and grummel2005 like this.
  18. Paulus

Paulus Member

Honestly, I'm quite disappointed from this (minor) release, that we could call "The Airmouse release", because I think that there are more urgent and bigger issues to fix.
    But also I'm tired of some aggressive posts against Zidoo team and his (constant, precious, hard .. choose one !) job.
    We are talking about a 100€ android pc/player and not about the new Shuttle launch that could cost also in term of human lives.

So, please let's focus on X6 issues, but keep calm and carry on ! :)

grummel2005 likes this.
  19. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

On Kodi forum they said zidoo refused to share soruce code of his binary blobs/libs. So, kodi devs dropped support for zidoo, because zidoo dev team refuses any cooperation. And without sources, propper support is not possible.

grummel2005 likes this.
  20. Alex

Alex New Member

на прошивке v1.0.34 перестал работать микрофон, одно делайте, а другое ломайте, исправьте пожалуйста,