New firmware v2.1.22 version for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

Is UHD BD Black screen playback fixed?

2. spawn_lmg

spawn_lmg Active Member Beta test group

Long press Power button and a selection menu appears

3. x9suser

x9suser Member

That sure worked, thank you.

4. x9suser

x9suser Member

Thanks for your suggestion, but I already updated and rmvb is playable, so no longer need another player.

5. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

While this f/w 'may' have fixed 23.976 for 2D 1080p and 4K (hopefully 3D MVC/ISO remains perfect), it has broken 4K@59.940/60.000. Try the Sony Camp clip here, or the LG Chess clip here. You'll get stutters and audio dropouts.

Also completely broken is 4K VP9 playback. Download this for example (use 4K Downloader free tool to download as MKV VP9 4K). With previous f/w's, they'd play with minor stutter, and now just a black screen.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  6. AlexNg

AlexNg New Member

thank you very much , the lastest FW for X9S

7. x9suser

x9suser Member

It looks like the audio downmix for TrueHD 7.1 to DD5.1 not working on spdif optical connection. Only can get stereo. Haven't tried DTS-MA 7.1 yet.

8. x9suser

x9suser Member

I have both the LG Chess and Colors of Journey 4k 60hz HDR demo in mp4 format which I downloaded 1.5 yrs ago. Both played without problem using a thumb drive. My TV showed it playing at UHD HDR at 60hz.

9. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i`ve already tried Sony camp and like @x9suser said, it played well wothout any problem :D
    but for VP9, i dont how your box can play it with the previous firmware, coz i cannot play all VP9 format :(
    i have Wonder Woman untouched bluray with 7.1trueHD sound, but my AVR cannot do HD audio so i have to downmix it to DD5.1ch and it worked too with this firmware

and good news i think, i`ve tried the First Purge web-dl h264 FGT release, this one is stuttering every about 5minutes but with this firmware no stuttering so far, i watched it until 20minutes

10. x9suser

x9suser Member

On checking further it is only 7.1 sound muxed in 4K MkV (both TrueHD and DTS-MA) that is downmixed to only stereo.

Blu-ray ISO 7.1 doesn't seem to have this downmix to 5.1 prob over spdif (I think).

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I never use 60Hz material but I had to try these out of curiosity.

Both clips play frame perfect and silky smooth from an SMB share on the X9S on v2.1.22 for me...

You've got to wonder what was going through the Director's mind though, especially the Chess clip!! Hope they do a sequel.

hdmkv likes this.
  12. afss

afss Active Member

Excellent firmware - good job Zidoo team !

13. burton

burton Member

Cannot update from 1.19 to this version.it says verifying failed please check your package.any suggestions?

14. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Downloaded again

15. JCJMC

JCJMC Member

Thanks for your work.

16. x9suser

x9suser Member

That was LG Oled showroon demo. It's clear that it's trying to say Oled is KING and nothing can beat it. The scenes showcases the diff in contrast between Deep blacks and Bright highlights of Oled.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  17. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

installed and all working fine on all i tested yesterday
    did have to go back to settings and reset OUTPUT

update seemed to have changed it from auto to 1080p/60hz

loving the WAY BETTER info showing up now
    (i never use via home theater...just via main player and only play low qual ...1080p/720p files with the Zidoo if x265 and my TV cant play)

18. Akamolik

Akamolik New Member

So is this update "official" and stable?

I have come concern about what Franconian said above... I have a X9s & the post says its for X9s but there was a remark that this update if for Z9S?

19. hdmkv

Two reboots resolved my playback issues. VP9 60fps is also playing as before with stutter & audio dropouts.

20. hdmkv

Same happened to me. I then re-downloaded from here, put on a different USB stick, and it then worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.