New firmware v2.1.19 beta version for ZIDOO X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spawn_lmg, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pelayo

Pelayo Member Beta test group

I already made a post about it and explain everything in detail and in my case I have two boxes zidoo x9s and neither of the two are capable for several months of downloading through aria2 or transmission.o_O:(

Post that explains the problem:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/problem-aria2-does-not-start-download.12337/

I bought this box because it offered openwrt with the option to download torrents and it does not work for me or it has been solved for some time.

2. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

There's something I don't understand here - WHERE IS ZIDOO?
    We bought a relative expensive product from Zidoo. The product got fairly good by now but still has issues, and needs support and fixing.
    Why almost all the support we get come from other users?
    Why there's no Zidoo representative here to help and provide users with info and reliable answers?
    Why there's no official release to a final F/W for so many months? ... even v2.1.14 is still beta !!!
    Does Zidoo really thinks that not caring about their customers will help them with new products?

3. xadamxx

xadamxx New Member

After updating the new beta firmware, the poster wall is having problem with resuming videos from last watching point. The resuming function of the system video player is working fine if the video is opened from file manager. Not sure if it is just me or you guys are experiencing the same problem.

4. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Is it save to use fw v2.1.19 or not?
    Until now It is not announced ‘officially’... o_O

5. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I will tell you a secret nobody knows...
    ssst..

Zidoo is run by a 2 year old....and writing his firmware on a Fischer Price computer.

Sst....pls dont tell anyone else.

6. tosh123

tosh123 Member

Does anyone know if the vero 4k+ box do 3D? Framepacked 3D is the only reason to use the Zidoo. (2D on 4K and 3D as MVC)

7. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

No it doesn't. see here https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/playback-of-packed-3d-3d-iso/37125/329

It's a long thread but it looks like 3D frame packing support was dropped because changes in Kodi 18 prevented it from working properly. Unlike Zidoo which uses it's own player the Vero uses the native Kodi playback engine.

8. tosh123

tosh123 Member

On Raspberry KODI V18 works fine with 3D, so why others suffer from playback 3D? So we have to stay with Zidoo and there is no other solution avail? (4k + 3D)

9. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

The raspberry pi does 3D directly in hardware through some sort of proprietary way. It’s all explained in the vero 4k+ thread I posted. Sam who looks after the vero said he won’t bother even entertaining full 3D support until Kodi 18 final is released.

The dune players might support full 3D.

Here is a thread of all currently supported 3D Kodi boxes. It hasn’t been updated since February 2018. I believe it’s because the person maintaining the thread no longer has a 3D display.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407

10. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

hello

The Weather forecast widget doesnt run with this firmware. At least in my unit

karpi likes this.
  11. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

I heard the Zappity's are identical with hardware, but firmwares are much more stable.
    Also supporting 3D.

12. tosh123

tosh123 Member

But no Kodi at all?

13. JohnStead

JohnStead New Member

Why is 1080p 25fps still not fixed ??
    Every other player ouput those files as 50fps!
    My tv is 5 year old, but internal player does a better job.

14. afss

afss Active Member

Zidoo is actively releasing new beta firmwares on the Z9S side of the house... It would be great to get a status on the microstutter issue and how (and if) they are going to address it.

15. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

sad i think, they gonna really let X series go :(
    2steps behind now

16. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

It's me. I need to update the post.

17. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

For a very long time now, Zidoo is not supporting this product. I don't think that I'll ever buy anything from this company...
    This is a fairly expensive product that still has bugs, but they don't care...

18. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Me too.
    Very disappointing..:cool:

19. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Fairly expensive? It's a bargain and low priced in comparison to other brands like Dune, Zappiti (half the price) and cheaper than a Himedia Q5 Pro which is almost the same device. It's 2 1/4 years old and was updated on a regular basis. Since a successor is released, it's quite common that developement slows down and is comming to an end some day. Of course it would be great if there is an update soon (and I'm sure that there will be) but since Zidoo isn't communicating ANYTHING developement related any only releases updates when they are done we just need to be patient.

DELUCAS likes this.
  20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

If they are working on any fixes or features, there will probably be a beta release before Chinese New Year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.