New firmware v2.1.30 version for ZIDOO X20 released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by mirror, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change logs:
    System
    1.Optimize 4K60 color space display
    2.Optimize the system stability.
    Local Media Player
    1.Added audio list information display
    2.Added the bit rate display
    3.Added file size display
    4.Fixed ASS subtitle hint coding error
    5.Added the number key 0 to display selet play time menu
    6.Fixed the problem of incorrect sorting of video list by file manager
    7.Added Multiple BDMV videos add list play

music player
    1. When the play queue is a single CUE, the default expansion list
    2. Play the CUE file to add the arrow hit
    3. Optimize the playlist focus display
    4. Optimize the playback add information display

HDMI IN
    1.Fixed the problem that recording cannot be saved to a USB external device

Poster
    1. Fixed the child lock function, not save staues when reboot box
    2. Fixed the problem of manually matching not search the movie

Power off
    1. Press the power button to power off the default

Quick setting
    1. Optimize the color setting display
    2. Optimize the UI display
    3. Added the DLNA switch

Model:ZIDOO_X20
    Version:v2.1.30
    Download url:http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X20/OTA/ZIDOO_X20_N_v2.1.30_201901091845_ota-package.zip
    md5: 9148BC4FDCA4D631CE5F452E3D06C659
    Upgrade method:OTA

If you have installed google play kit, please reinstall it after upgrade.

How to upgrade

videobruce likes this.
  2. Saberus

Saberus New Member

Thanks

3. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

There is still no Polish language to choose from in audio tracks and subtitles. Instead, it shows the Portuguese language.
    It was only in the factory version. You can not get it.
    Forced subtitles do not work for me.

4. polvic

polvic New Member

(written with the help of an electronic translator!)
    After installing this new version, PlayMarket (Gapps) disappeared again. How to install this version PlayMarket (Gapps,s)?

5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Thank you mirror!

Nice to see that the FW of the x20 is finally leaving the Beta Status!

Now please provide as Image for flashing (not just OTA)!

And (again) please do not forget OneKeyRoot for Android 7 as without rooting the full potential of the box cannot be used!!

6. polvic

polvic New Member

Dear support & Reelyvator.
    Are you offering to independently install One Key Root for Android 7 :eek:? And why didn't you make your new firmware right away with the OneKeyRoot for Android 7 program installed :mad:?

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@polvic: Why do you ask me?? I do not work for Zidoo i am just another user. I do not offer anything!

8. videobruce

videobruce Member

^ Maybe you got promoted?? ;) ^

Reelyator and zarathoestra like this.
  9. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

How do you get to the android settings in this version? It seems that this option is no longer in the Zidoo settings.

10. HOME page . first icon bottom row right

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  11. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

These are quick settings, I mean advanced settings.

12. Should have made it clearer the only advance setting I can see is in OTHER , ABOUT, ADVANCED SETTINGS. that takes you to the same place

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  13. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

OK thank you
    I did not notice that it is necessary to pull down lower (it could not fit on the screen) :)

14. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

.....LOL, not to my Knowledge:)

Not Even sure if i would consider that a promotion....

15. sussexmat

sussexmat New Member

Overall, I'm liking the new FW, But

Zidoo X20 using 'Direct Standby' Setting. On start up, sometimes gives Android Error message "SuspendHandler has stopped". So have reverted to using 'Direct Power Off'. Fortunately, Boot is quite fast.

DVD ISO Navigation is not working properly and on selecting the DVD Menu, the 'Start' or 'Resume' message comes up instead of the Disc Menu. Also Aspect is not being remembered with DVD. My other Linux based Players have no problems whatsoever with DVD Navigation. So, for the moment, my smaller Dune HD Smart D1 still earns it's place on the shelf for that purpose.

Based on using Video output set at HD 1920x1080, on FW 1.2.29, the Aspect Setting would follow the first setting. In other words, setting 'Full' on the very first file played, globally set it as the preference and you would only have to change it for the odd few files that needed 'Fit'. With the new FW, it defaults to 'Fit', meaning I have to set every file as I come across them to 'Full', '16:9' or '4:3'. It does remember per file though. It doesn't appear on my X20 to follow the Aspect Flag of the file and is acting like you have to manually set it per file. Again, the Linux based players do not have that problem.

Is there a way of disabling the Lyrics on the Music Player. I have an aversion to Karaoke Machines. Plus the language get it wrong sometimes, with intermixed English and Chinese.

16. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Not sure if this is to do with the firmware but I have only just noticed this since I have updated to this firmware

If the amp is turned off before I power the x20 down then the x20 hangs on shutting down and gets stuck so I have to switch it off at the back, but if the amp is on, the x20 will shut down with no problem

Also sometimes when I power back up the display changes to 1080p 60 but I have it set at 4K 24 not sure why it does that

gymnos likes this.
  17. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

Hello
    I have a similar situation - it turns off normally but when it is switched on it freezes. To run I have to turn off and turn on the back of the x20.

18. sussexmat

sussexmat New Member

Note, with my collection mainly being from DTV Transport Stream HD Edits and just a few DVD ISO, my output setting is 1920x180i, with Auto Frame Rate On and has been very stable and remembered the Setup every time.

19. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Figured out when it switches back to 1080p

If I boot the x20 up without switching the amp and TV on wait a few mins then shut the the x20 down, then when I turn the x20 back on with the tv and amp the resolution will be 1080p, so I have to alter it back to 4K.

But when I turn everything on at the same time as I use my Harmony elite to do that, the x20 will keep the 4K resolution that I set it at

The only time that would turn it on without the tv and amp is transferring files to it via FTP

gymnos likes this.
  20. sussexmat

sussexmat New Member

@ Johnwoto, your problem may well be Handshake Timing with the TV over HDMI. The X20 and it's a guess here, may in those circumstances, be not seeing the TV as 4k capable and shuffling down resolution. I would try a known High Speed HDMI Cable, such as the one supplied with the X20. All my Resolution problems disappeared when I replaced my original cable with the supplied one.

Ref. my problem of 'Direct Standby' Setting. On start up, sometimes gives Android Error message "SuspendHandler has stopped", is a problem with the HDD Sleep function in Android. I had it set to Sleep after 30 mins, as I run most of my stuff off NAS, rather than the internal HDD. On disabling Sleep, I can now use 'Direct Standby' and get no errors. So, there is a bug there.

Apart from that and the ISO DVD Menu Navigation issues, this FW is basically working very well for me.

gymnos likes this.