Zoom function for movies

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by Farli, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Farli

Farli New Member

Hi Zidoo, I just purchased X20 player and I'm just amazed how good it is. I was hesitating between Oppo UDP-203 and X20. My friend has Oppo so I can say, X20 is more than worthy opponent. I love my player more and more every day. It plays perfectly anything I throw to it. I'm just missing one function and that is "Zoom" when playing movies. I would like to ask, if will be possible to add this function in any future firmware update. I use player on my home cinema screen and I like to fill screen a bit more. I think that will be welcome function for more of us. Thanks a lot.

2. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

Hey

That would be great if they could sort that out, i used to zoom my Popcorn Hour A500 in a little just to reduce them bars by half, i just got my X20 before Christmas liking it alot

3. rkann

rkann Member

I don't want to disappoint you guys, but Zidoo doesn't care about you and your problems with missing zoom functions.
    Just look here http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-findings-with-the-zidoo-x20.43311/page-2
    But don't worry, it is absolutely normal for Zidoo. Remember - you are dealing with the support of Zidoo... What Iconbit can do in 2009 and Dune can do in 2013 is an impossible task for Zidoo in 2018...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  4. Farli

Farli New Member

I am coming from Popcorn Hour C-200. There was ZOOM function too. It was possible to adjust it in real time while playing movies, so I don't think it's was dificult for procesing. It's was 8 years old machine with much slower procesor. I'm not sure if that function is possible for 3D Blu-ray movies, but for regular avi or mkv should be possible. Doesn't have to be fluent, but for example 3 different steps (15%, 30%, 40%). Futeko please have look at this. You made great player and this would be welcome function.

5. rkann

rkann Member

I completely agree. Zoom function is an absolutely natural function for any media player. Zidoo just must to make this feature. Excuses like "Image processing is very difficult" are just mockery of users. ZOOM IS EVEN IN ANCIENT MEDIA PLAYERS, PRODUCED OVER 5 YEARS AGO !!!!

6. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

My first player was the Popcorn Hour A-100 which is over 11 years old now and that had Zoom function, when zooming in the picture quality stayed the same, i only zoomed in 109% as i thought that was the most optimal at not cutting anything important off at the sides like credits etc

7. rkann

rkann Member

Yeah. But task decided by Popcorn Hour A-100 over 11 years ago can't be decided by Zidoo.:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    An explanation is just super -" Image processing is very difficult. I don't think we deserve to spend too much resources on this feature."
    See here http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/my-findings-with-the-zidoo-x20.43311/page-2#post-80505

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

OK. will add ZOOM function. Maybe next version.

Akeela, Abu Khaled and pcristi like this.
  9. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That would be awesome if it happens but i would rather see a screensaver built in to the native player

10. Farli

Farli New Member

That would be great! I almost begin to stop hope for this. Thanks Zidoo!

11. Akeela

Akeela New Member

Zoom function was added but I don't know to use it....

12. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Personally I use it only for DVD's with dual black bars (4:3 frame format with wide screen picture within that fame).
    First I put aspect ratio to Full which will stretch the movie wide and next I use Zoom with the Stretch option which will stretch top to bottom. This reproduces the original picture full screen most of the time without cropping or deformation.

13. Farli

Farli New Member

Hi Ziddo,

Thanks for all effort put into improving already great player. I’m really happy that you added Zoom function feature. It would be even better if there is an option of zooming in few steps (or even in percentage), so you can adjust how much screen will be cropped. Sometimes (especially with action movies) you don’t want crop too much picture and keep little black bars at top and bottom. Do you think it is possible to make it. My previous player had this feature. Thanks a lot!

14. bob

bob Active Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Ok,We will try to add this feature.
    thanks

15. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

That would be great if it was added

How the zoom works at the moment the picture doesn't look right tried all of the new settings they all look strange

16. Akeela

Akeela New Member

So you say "zoom" to 16/9, fit, original, etc., is a joke?

17. Johnwoto

Johnwoto Member

I’m not saying it’s a joke, the new Zoom settings needs some work as the picture is stretched on the default and the cropped setting, I keep mine on fit, a zoom function that can actually zoom the picture in increments without distorting the picture making it not looked stretched would be great.
    62ADD2FA-CE04-4B6F-A834-1F6C6B088954.jpeg EDF8D95F-DC3D-4D6F-9474-2C058C741731.jpeg AFFE3BEC-4AE7-4894-AC94-68C0F3AA166B.jpeg B923AD41-5F7E-4808-8D13-69101173F382.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  18. Farli

Farli New Member

Amazing! Thanks a lot.