New firmware v2.1.22 beta version for ZIDOO X20 released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X20' started by mirror, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Saberus

Saberus New Member

Don't know if its just me, but did anyone notice that the screen was little bit darker after this update.. I have LG E6 oled and I had to increase my brightness & contrast.. have all setting on auto, HDR movies didn't change, just my non HDR stuff and poster wall..etc of x20

2. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Correct, same on the e6 here , so is the Ht2 not as stable also but i have a hd fury intergral 2 )in the chain so i can change the damage been done. I had the same issue with the zappiti ( family of the zidoo) it took more then a year to correct this issue but it was major and affected hdr too. So not that big this one but it's definitely there.

3. S Ko

S Ko New Member

Decided to take the risk and try the Beta firmware. All appears to be working well so far
    How do I install GooglePlay services ?

4. ROS

ROS New Member

Good morning, sorry I recently bought the Zidoo X20 mediaplayer, it always worked, today I installed the Google Play kit on the new firmware, as per the link above, but now the Zidoo X20 does not start anymore, it remains locked on the "Hello" screen. What can I do? I also tried with the RES button behind the panel, nothing is blocked!

5. zarathoestra

Unplug everything wait 5 min press the power Button but keep pressing for 10 sec so it's rebooting otherwise i direct you today customer service grtz

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  6. ROS

ROS New Member

The power button in the front panel on the bottom right or on the remote control?
    So the RES button behind do not have to use it?

7. zarathoestra

On the front panel

8. ROS

ROS New Member

Thanks it worked! I was linking the Restore procedure with the firmware .img, the USB 3.0 port and the RES back button, but I did not do it thanks to you. Do you advise me to uninstall the Google Play app, since it has created problems for me?

9. ROS

ROS New Member

I wanted to ask you how to set up the configuration
    HDMI Output:
    1. Main Vice-Port Separation Mode
    2. Main Port + Deputy Port Mode
    3. Main Port Mode

I connected the X20 to a Denon AV amplifier via an HDMI cable, which goes from the amplifier to the Sony TV. Everything is managed by a single HDMI port (audio and video).
    So I have to set up: "Main Port Mode"?

One last question, is not there the possibility to disable video controls -Picture Parameter- (brightness, contrast, color, saturation)?
    I prefer to adjust the image only with the TV, the mediaplayer should give me a picture not retouched but clean (default) as a BluRay Player does.
    Thank you.
    Hello

10. zarathoestra

HDMI Output:
    1. Main Vice-Port Separation Mode
    2. Main Port + Deputy Port Mode
    3. Main Port Mode

I connected the X20 to a Denon AV amplifier via an HDMI cable, which goes from the amplifier to the Sony TV. Everything is managed by a single HDMI port (audio and video).
    So I have to set up: "Main Port Mode"?

One last question, is not there the possibility to disable video controls -Picture Parameter- (brightness, contrast, color, saturation)?
    I prefer to adjust the image only with the TV, the mediaplayer should give me a picture not retouched but clean (default) as a BluRay Player does.
    Thank you.
    Hello[/QUOTE]
    Mine the same just the main hdmi port before i was using the main and audio port and that worked very well but in hdr i had no control so i put the hd fury in the chain and the result is much better now.
    Sony should be the better upscaler then the zidoo and there is no way to shut down picture settings etc on the zidoo that's another reason to use the hd fury on my E6.
    google play is a buggy feature on the pro for now i don't use it , get rid of it ! Use your smartphone or tablet for apps they are designed for it the zidoo isn't:rolleyes:
    Grtz

11. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

@zarathoestra: Correct, in Main Port Mode both (Video and Audio) go through the Main HDMI Port. The Settings of your Denon AVR (i assume you have a AVR, not just an Amplifier....) then determines the further handling of these signals, e. g. if Audio is played through your Sony TV or through Lodudspeakers connected to the AVR.

To my knowledge there is no option to DISABLE the Video Parameters. But i agree with your approach that the Zidoo should only Play back the material without any further processing. To acchieve this i am using the AUTO Mode for all Parameters (Resolution, Frame Rate, HDR). Then the material should be played back with the original parameters of the source Material. Picture parameters should be set tho the default values.

12. ROS

ROS New Member

Thanks for the kind I meet, my amplifier is a Denon AVR-X6400H, where I connected the X20 Zidoo in the "HDMI Mediaplayer" input, while in the HDMI Out speaker (ARC) I always connected the Sony 4K TV in the its HDMI port (ARC).
    the Xido Zidoo I set it in "Main port mode", and the rest of the options are all in "AUTO", but the video parameters can not be set in the car (brightness, contrast, color, saturation), but they are set to defaults (50%) by Zidoo technicians, which in my opinion is not correct, because I have to lower them as values.
    I also have an Egreat A10 mediaplayer, it does not have the beautiful "automatic change" function of the resolution and the frame rate, but it has the function to completely disable the video parameters, so that it does all the TV or the AVR amplifier, in my case the Sony 4K TV, plus other functions listed below.

13. ROS

ROS New Member

I take this opportunity, and I hope to help in the future to help improve the potential of the Mediaplayer (X20), asking the Zidoo X20 Firmware programmers, if for the next firmware release (even Beta) can add these important functions :

1. From the options menu, enter the possibility of DISABLING VIDEO PARAMETERS. (So you can only adjust them from the TV).
    2. By pressing the OFF key, add a counter that after 5 sec. the mediaplayer is automatically turned off, without necessarily having to press the Off key again. I always keep the next option of "Restart".
    3. Add the Google Play Store app by default in the next firmware.
    4. Many BluRay covers are loaded incorrectly.
    5. Although rarely, some bluray starts with the wrong language, compared to the one selected by the options. In my case instead of ITA goes on ENG.

Thank you.
    Greetings

gymnos and zarathoestra like this.
  14. zarathoestra

I remember the A10 as an even more buggy media-player then the zidoo;) but i had that indeed handy feature and PQ was a step above the rest but otherwise i eat my heart out:p

15. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

You can define the power button behavior in the settings: Power off/reboot/ask....!

16. ROS

ROS New Member

Both options are not there.
    I mean by the OFF key that the time of 5 seconds appears (Offo) and next to the option "restart".

17. myzidoo

myzidoo Active Member Beta test group

+1
    local image for backdrop is also not working for me - It seems like a write access problem. if no backdrop is set then a local file can be added witout a problem but when the scraper has defined a backdrop updating it with a local file does not work.

overall good firmware with less glitches ... thanks

BUT i have found that after editing various posters the posterwall on the screen is not reflecting changes...whereas the changes are reflected on the web-posterwall (port 9528)...that's what is the most ennoying. It seems that edting on screen has not the same results as editing through the web interface and vice versa

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    skelton likes this.
  18. skelton

skelton Member

Glad to hear i am not the only one with this problem, now there is a good chance they can fix this hopefully in the next firmware. Out of my entire movie & TV series collection of about 300 titles, i have 5 or so titles missing backdrop images and i have tried adding local for all of them but without success.

Zidoo support, if you read this, can you please fix this issue in the next FW?

19. zarathoestra

If you updated to the latest firmware the poster add works local.