New firmware v2.1.19 beta version for ZIDOO X9S

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spawn_lmg, Dec 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Interesting. But is there a changelog of this SDK Update?
    If Zapity can get one, why Zidoo shouldn't?

2. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy newyear !!
    Hope you all find a non stuttering and good movie player
    under the christmas tree !

Pelayo likes this.
  3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

I want you to understand that ZIDOO is the only legitimate IDH from Realtek in media player fields.
    We maintain a private SDK branch with Realtek, so we usually use the new SDK months in advance and then synchronize to the public branch.
    So you can see that sometimes when we update a feature, a few months later other brands will have the same update list.
    Such as the seamless branching,We solved it in v2.0.34(July 4, 2018),That was five months ago!! Can you imagine how many things can happen in five months?
    Stop spreading rumors!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  4. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Tnx mirror for the answer...
    So, is it save to use fw v2.1.19 or not?
    Until now It is not announced ‘officially’...

5. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

Sounds great but X9S has been suffering stuttering long time ago (I had serious incompatibilities regarding lip-sync with my receiver). And several months later some still remain. Very few words or simply honest communication from Zidoo about rtd1295 fixes, roadmap or evolution.

Merry Christmas !!!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  6. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Says who? Zidoo??
    Pls, dont take us all for an idiot.
    Just explain why we have stuttering playback
    over more than a year.

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Mirror,

I think we deserve some answers here.

Why do we have Web-Dl stutter? Frame rate info is not encoded inside video stream probably to save the bandwidth but all other boxes don't have issues with it. Those files are not watchable on Zidoo.

Micro stutter related to HDMI pixel clock and frame rate just above 23.976fps. Is it hardware or SDK and any plans to fix it?

JohnC likes this.
  8. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

Choose your flavour:
    Option 1: The rtd1295 can't be fixed (low chances since it worked before).
    Option 2: Zidoo doesn't know how to fix it. (this one wouldn't say a lot about them since they are "the choosen ones by Realtek")
    Option 3: Zidoo doesn't want to fix it since it's focused in selling rtd1296 (this one, really, would explain a lot of things).

Merry Christmas!

9. Appie72

Appie72 New Member

I ordered a shield but sent it back, apart from the stuttering picture quality is much better on zidoo and I found out I really like zui. Ordered a minix neo u9 just to compare !

I still hope zidoo team is going to fix .thhe. Number one basic function of the x9s......watch movies!! (before implementing new stuff)

10. Sancho1985

Sancho1985 New Member

i subscribe for every word

11. Lexou

Lexou New Member

Hi Mirror,

Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention at all. In any case, there is no need to answer that way.
    I am not spreading any rumor whatsoever, just exposing what I found on another website about another product with the same SoC, all of this with my limited knowledge.

I know that some people here are only complaining (but even though, they paid and want something in return, nothing abnormal here), but I also noticed that many of their questions are still unanswered by the official team. Can you imagine how frustrating is that ?
    I guess that is why I only read this forum and try to fix my issues by myself, as much as I can, and rarely post anything...

12. Icy

Icy New Member

I Agree 100%.
    And still thinking Zidoo dev team should put effort in a better out-of-the-box KODI/ZDMC (with external player and scrapper configured), instead of re-inventing the wheel (and a buggy one)

13. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Agreed, its one of the worst players on the market these days.
    The delay in seconds in movie start
    also does not work at all. Its a joke.
    My 4 year old does better programming.
    Its a riddle why kodi still rate this wortless box with an A.

14. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Zidooooooo Team where are you?

15. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Watched a bluray remux not 4K and i noticed this frame issue hard to explain but like slows down for a few seconds then resumes, tried a few more movies and get the same issue, this as started since i updated to this firmware 2.1.19.

I am wasting my time on this forum because the ziddo team never respond maybe just do not care. Well neither do i because i have had enough. Goodbye

Using my old popcorn hour a210 fantastic media player why did they leave the market.

16. Vinny4K

Vinny4K Active Member

Zidoo sucks @ this support.
    I'm gone too. My old Mede8er 600 did a better job!

17. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

I’m dumping mine too. I’m thinking of a vero 4K+ as a stop gap until Apple opens up Dolby Atmos (Dolby MAT 2.o) on the Apple TV.

18. Tony77

Tony77 Member

Had identical issue in past and RESOLVED! look at my past posts or PM me..can b fixed!

19. Vincze Tamás

Vincze Tamás New Member

No X8 update? :(

20. gsaronni

gsaronni New Member

I am having the same problem. Transmission is not working anymore.

I will hace a chance to Aria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.