How do I safely eject a external hard drive?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by Simmy, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Simmy

Simmy New Member

merry Xmas everyone, just bought the X10 and I’m setting it up - so far so good for a relative novice like myself, got my my iptv running nicely & have connected two external Hdd’s (one has my films on & one has my tv shows, music etc) the thing is I don’t find any decent instructions that provide much detail - the two things I’d like to figure out is how do I eject one of the hdd’s without shutting down & also I’ve noticed one or two films titled incorrectly in theatre (St. Vincent has come out as Vincent so shows an entirely different show) what’s the best way to individually correct this? Thank you.

2. videobruce

videobruce Member

Excellent question. I don't recall I even saw that question asked. There is no 'safely remove HDD" function that I know of.
    I have just removed USB memory sticks w/o doing anything. As far as the internal HDD, I have always shut down to be safe before I remove it.

I did a few searches and came up empty. Plenty about adding a drive thou. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  3. Simmy

Simmy New Member

Thanks for taking the time on Xmas to answer this buddy

4. zX9r

zX9r New Member

Look to the right bottom corner, and right click on the usb icon.
    Then you can safely remove usb hard drive

5. videobruce

videobruce Member

Would you believe by sheer accident, I discovered the 'very hidden' location to do this. (nice if the Chinese would stop using silly icons for everything making one guess WTF it's suppose to do or mean);

Lower right corner of the Zidoo home screen, click on that far right icon (which is the same as Settings)
    Device/Storage & USB/Portable Storage,
    Select the device and click the up arrow on the right.
    Device is 'ejected'.

Once "ejected" you have to reboot to get the box is 'see' the drive again (after it's re-connected).

6. videobruce

videobruce Member

You posted that when I was composing the post after yours.

Ok, I tried you method, but I get no response from a 'right click'. When I left click it open up what I assume is called the 'Device" menu or list. I see nothing there do do anything. Now I had a USB memory stick attached also at the time if that matters.

7. Simmy

Simmy New Member

There is another way too I have found, when you open up Media center and then press left on the remote to access “device list” if you press left again you get the option to “Unmount storage”

8. videobruce

videobruce Member

Media Center, I assume that is their 'stock' Zidoo version?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  9. Simmy

Simmy New Member

It’s the default one I get on my home page when it boots up,

Attached Files:

10. videobruce

videobruce Member

I don't use that since it has aspect ratio issues that can't be corrected.

The end result is similar to what zX9r posted, but right clicking is a return function in Android, so I don't know what we was referring to.

When you do click on what appears to be a USB stick icon, that same screen comes up, clicking on the device you want to remove on the left, then clicking on the lower right hand corner where the scrolling text is, gives you the 'unmount' option.

What a lame setup.

11. videobruce

videobruce Member